It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauls statements against women.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

look up the definition of pharisee. They would never have accepted him as such

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I see no problem with Paul's statements. Yes, they still apply today. A holiness woman wants to look and act in a holy way.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by 0mage

... All that a woman has to do is bat her eyes and shake her ass. I hear where you're coming from. Not that I agree with it all the way though.

Now you know what happened to Adam. That forbidden knowledge came into play. God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Bahahhaha!

Its rare that you get stars from me... But im happy to give you one for that comment...

Well said good sir!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"For it is written" means Paul is quoting the OT.

Paul is also quoting the OT ....when he speaks of the law in 1 Corinthians 14:34.

Do you know why he was admonishing the Corinthian women to remain silent in church and wait till after to ask questions of their husbands? I'll give you a hint, that's not a problem today with the seating arrangements in modern churches.

Probably because it was a distraction. Woman opening her mouth at the wrong time could disturb the service. Maybe why we have our wives sitting next to us now instead of how it used to be with men on one side of the room and women on the other, so we can make them be quiet. I like to mess with my wife by telling her "Woman be silent!", and then she starts speaking in tongues at me. All in fun though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Paul contradicts not only himself, but even God, the prophets and Jesus.

God, the prophets and Jesus all "righteousness" with the law with. Show me ONE instance where they spoke negatively of the law.

They didn't... Paul did.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

God, the prophets and Jesus all "righteousness" with the law with. Show me ONE instance where they spoke negatively of the law.

They didn't... Paul did.

Paul didn't speak negatively of the law, he spoke negatively of MAN which cannot fulfill the demands of the law without a single fail. Read Romans, his point is that the law is perfect and we are flawed.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Perhaps the spirit is perfect... and the physical is flawed

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul's point is that the law itself is perfection, and man is certainly NOT. Therefore it's much better to opt for plan A which is redemption through Christ. Remember when the person asked Jesus what he himself had to do to inherit eternal life? Jesus told the person he needed to be "perfect".

No man can do that. Therefore anyone under the law is cursed.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

They didn't... Paul did.

Paul didn't speak negatively of the law, he spoke negatively of MAN which cannot fulfill the demands of the law without a single fail. Read Romans, his point is that the law is perfect and we are flawed.

It's why the law damns us, we can't keep any of it without failing somewhere else. This is why we needed a Savior, not from the law, but from ourselves. Jesus writes the law in our hearts and minds and becomes our conscience so we are not desiring to disobey Him (He is the Law).

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It seems to me that the law is flawed from the get go. If a god establishes a law that is impossible to be kept, how can it be perfect?

I understand that we're talking about Paul's opinion, not yours, but can you tell me, what law is Paul referring to? All of it, including the parts about stoning rebellious youth, killing adulterers and other draconian rules, or is there something I'm missing about the wonderful perfect law?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
-1 Timothy 2:9

It is completely factual that girls in society like to show off stylish clothes.

It is kind of a dualistic paradox. Anybody know why?
edit on 17-8-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Why would girls/women even have expensive cloths, pearls and gold if their husbands and fathers had not given it to them to wear in the first place?

It seems to me that the women were being blamed and shamed for the gifts of love and accused of "prideful adornment," because of the gifts of appreciation from the men of their families.

Seems misplaced and just another excuse to oppress women.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,
-1 Timothy 2:9

It is completely factual that girls in society like to show off stylish clothes.

It is kind of a dualistic paradox. Anybody know why?

Because our society equates fashionable appearance with a persons value. Our girls are bombarded with this idea from an early age.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It's why the law damns us, we can't keep any of it without failing somewhere else. This is why we needed a Savior, not from the law, but from ourselves. Jesus writes the law in our hearts and minds and becomes our conscience so we are not desiring to disobey Him (He is the Law).

So the biblical verses about the law not being too "difficult" are forgeries???

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Akragon

WOW! That's some control freaking, Jew hating, woman repressing, heathen and heretic condemning, self righteous stuff!

Thanks for showing me that. That explains a lot of the BS I grew up with in church.

CANON XXXV.

CHRISTIANS must not forsake the Church of God, and go away and invoke angels and gather assemblies, which things are forbidden. If, therefore, any one shall be found engaged in this covert idolatry, let him be anathema; for he has forsaken our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and has gone over to idolatry.

So church equals Jesus Christ and God. Lol. A lot of dualitydriven need of control. A clear indication where the church goes towards duality instead and start to worship duality counter to what Jesus preached. The church itself becomes an idol (lesser message than whole message). It is like listening to the devil to tell you about god. If I am not allowed to seek god counsel except thru the church then how can I be sure they know anything. Never trust a middleman who says you cannot get the answers yourself from god thru grace/the embodyment of the holy spirit when you are ready and have to follow his/hers directions.
edit on 17-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Why would girls/women even have expensive cloths, pearls and gold if their husbands and fathers had not given it to them to wear in the first place?

It seems to me that the women were being blamed and shamed for the gifts of love and accused of "prideful adornment," because of the gifts of appreciation from the men of their families.

Seems misplaced and just another excuse to oppress women.

These days women don't rely on men anymore for money. The physical items men could offer such as diamonds and stylish clothes were lusted and they used psychological manipulation to attain what they wanted and that is why it is so easy now to see why they don't care.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

613 laws that you can never make a single mistake on? How many perfect people do you personally know of? I've never met one.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It seems to me that the law is flawed from the get go. If a god establishes a law that is impossible to be kept, how can it be perfect?

I understand that we're talking about Paul's opinion, not yours, but can you tell me, what law is Paul referring to? All of it, including the parts about stoning rebellious youth, killing adulterers and other draconian rules, or is there something I'm missing about the wonderful perfect law?

Those are punishments for breaking the different laws. Children honoring the father and mother and thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join