It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima- An excess of 38,700 Japanese deaths, with no obvious cause.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A quite extraordinary claim which I am not sure how seriously to take.

Conspicuously absent are reports on effects of radiation exposure on the health of the Japanese people. Have any health officials publicly announced post-March 2011 numbers on fetal deaths, infant deaths, premature births, birth defects, cancer, or other health conditions? The answer so far is an emphatic “no.”

The prolonged silence doesn’t mean data doesn’t exist. Japanese health officials have been busy with their usual duties of collecting and posting statistics on the Internet for public inspection. It’s just that they aren’t calling the public’s attention to these numbers. Thus, it is the public who must find the information and figure out what it means. After locating web sites, translating from Japanese, adding data for each of 12 months, and making some calculations, mortality trends in Japan after Fukushima are emerging.

And we get to the possible number of deaths caused by the release of radiation for Fukushima.

There is no question that even if Fukushima studies proceed and are conducted in an objective manner, it will take years before the true extent of casualties are known. However, an early estimate of 38,700 additional unexplained deaths in Japan in just one year must be taken seriously, and underline the need for Fukushima health studies to be made a top priority, in Japan and in other affected nations.

www.counterpunch.org...

His methodology seems sound but it seems a bit premature to conclude these deaths were directly caused by the radiation release, and the author recognizes that. The author has a history in researching the results of radiation exposure and conducted research on the increase in childhood cancer in the US as a result of the radiation release from Chernobyl

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
These people are insane.... TEPCO and Tokyo I mean. They have been from the start. It wasn't but a month or two into the whole thing that they were actually talking about methods of top soil reclamation at and around the 12km exclusion zone of that time. They already had some serious measures which chilled reporting and hunting up facts if we all recall reading those stories as they came out.

July, 2012 - Fukushima Photo Set and Progress Status

Does this look like a facility they are decommissioning?? I've been watching this carefully, as we all have from the start and I don't see a plant being spun down and taken apart. I see VERY VERY careful work being done in very specific areas...while the rest is cleaned up and made right again.

Not for the first time...It's crossed my mind that these people may really intend to someday re-open this place. As crazy as it sounds....TEPCO can't be underestimated for insane stupid. They really can't.

Full Series of Fuku photos and data sets going back

^^ That will help for better overall views and a progression of events.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Coming from the people who several days after the event stated that there was NO risk to humans what so ever, and that "very little" radiation had leaked.

Right.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not for the first time...It's crossed my mind that these people may really intend to someday re-open this place. As crazy as it sounds....TEPCO can't be underestimated for insane stupid. They really can't.

TEPCO are nuts agreed but would even the compliant Japanese citizenry allow a re-open of this plant? I don't think so.

From USA Today.

The first study of Japanese living near the Fukushima nuclear plant damaged by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami has found low levels of radiation exposure, The Washington Post reports. Between September and this past March, researchers measured levels of radioactive cesium in 8,066 adults and 1,432 children in Minamisoma, about 14 miles north of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant. The average radiation was "well under" under 1 millisiever, considered a safe dosage, the Post writes.

Roughly one-third of the residents tested -- 235 children and 3,051 adults -- had detectable cesium radiation. "The jury is still out, but I expect the public health impact from radiation to turn out to be considerably lower than that of Chernobyl," Roy Shore, chief of research at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation in Hiroshima, Japan, told the Post.

content.usatoday.com...

As we know there is a lot of debate on what equals a safe radiation exposure.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This analysis of casulties in the first year since the meltdown in Japan alone compared to research conducted by Stanford University.

They found that the number of deaths would likely range between 15 and 1,300, with a best estimate of 130, while the number of people acquiring cancer as a result would range between 24 and 2,500, with a best estimate of 180. Most deaths and cancer cases are likely to occur in Japan, but there may be a few in mainland Asia and as far away as North America. "These worldwide levels are relatively low," Hoeve said in a press statement. He said these numbers should "serve to manage the fear in other countries that the disaster had an extensive global reach."

californiawatch.org...

A massive discrepancy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Face it guys, Japan is out of the way and now a barrier between China and US. The middle zone is radiated.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by makemap

How can it be out of the way and a barrier at the same time?

I hope Japan does recover from this, the Japanese people do not deserve the way they are treated by their corporatism based government, similar to the situation in the US.

Japan was pretty much forced to follow the US model of governance and economics following World War 2.

In relation to this figure of 38,700 excess deaths, this is not necessarily as a result of the radiation but of all the knock on effects of the disaster things like disease, stress, a struggle to get healthcare to all the oldies that are clogging up the country.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That number makes sense, really does. And those stats also exist here. I have heard something like thousands of infant mortality in BC being covered up. We need this blown wide open.

MD_ Infant deaths also up in B.C., Canada after Fukushima — Corroborates U.S. study

New born and the elderly are at highest risk to immediate exposure from radiation. Need to be aware and push for... TERMINATING
Nuclear Era Now.
Peer Reviewed Study Shows 14,000 U.S. Deaths from Fukushima

www.straight.com...

On March 18, seven days after an earthquake and tsunami triggered eventual nuclear meltdowns at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan, the first radioactive material wafted over the Victoria suburb of Sidney on Vancouver Island.

For 22 days, a Health Canada monitoring station in Sidney detected iodine-131 levels in the air that were up to 300 times above the normal background levels. Radioactive iodine levels shot up as high as nearly 1,000 times background levels in the air at Resolute Bay, Nunavut....

In fact, Health Canada’s own data shows this isn’t true. The iodine-131 level in the air in Sidney peaked at 3.6 millibecquerels per cubic metre on March 20. That’s more than 300 times higher than the background level, which is 0.01 or fewer millibecquerels per cubic metre.

“There have been massive radiation spikes in Canada because of Fukushima,” said Gordon Edwards, president of the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility.

enenews.com...

Title: Peer Reviewed Study Shows 14,000 U.S. Deaths from Fukushima
Uploaded by: TheBigPictureRT
Upload date: Dec 22, 2011
Description: Dr. Janette Sherman, M.D., Internist and Toxicologist. [...] There’s shocking new evidence out that the Fukushima disaster may have led to the deaths of as many as 14,000 people…in America! For more on this – I’m joined by Dr. Janette Sherman – Internist and Toxicologist – and co-author of a new report on the link between an increase in deaths here in America and the ongoing Fukushima nuclear crisis....

I believe this is from the doctor.

www.ufodigest.com...

Lauren Moret has been called as an expert to give testimony in a Law Suit in Japan to Force the Evacuation of 350 000 children, and this is from what she said, it should have been done all along the west coast of North America.

Leuren Moret Court statement in Koriyama City, Fukushima, Japan

In her court statement as part of a lawsuit in Japan to force the evacuation of more than 350,000 children from lethal levels of radiation in the Fukushima area, Leuren Moret states,

“FUKUSHIMA RADIATION EFFECTS THOUSANDS OF MILES ACROSS THE OCEAN

“The west coast of North America is thousands of miles across the vast Pacific Ocean, a long way from Fukushima Daiichi and the radioactive solids, liquids, and gases being released daily and recklessly to poison both near and far. Already we are seeing the effects in North America.

“Air filters from cars in Seattle have been analyzed for hot particles and indicate that Seattle residents are inhaling 5 hot particles a day, in Tokyo it is 10 hot particles a day, in Fukushima Prefecture it is 30-40 times higher - 300-400 hot particles a day.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by makemap

How can it be out of the way and a barrier at the same time?

I hope Japan does recover from this, the Japanese people do not deserve the way they are treated by their corporatism based government, similar to the situation in the US.

Japan was pretty much forced to follow the US model of governance and economics following World War 2.

In relation to this figure of 38,700 excess deaths, this is not necessarily as a result of the radiation but of all the knock on effects of the disaster things like disease, stress, a struggle to get healthcare to all the oldies that are clogging up the country.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

Keep them on the island for long Japanese people won't exist. Japan is a sinking Island and radioactive. When Japan sinks we are in deep # as nuclear power plants would be underwater. Japanese did the right job shutting down rest of the nuclear power plants. Next would be the rest of the world.
Out of the way means there are no resistance which is true.
Barrier means the region is highly contaminated by radiation.
If US, China or Russia send troops to the region they are getting their troops contaminated.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by makemap
or Russia send troops to the region they are getting their troops contaminated.

The US made their troops use Depleted Uranium Rounds in the middle east. They love contaminating the troops...
edit on 16-8-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Originally posted by makemap
or Russia send troops to the region they are getting their troops contaminated.

The US made their troops use Depleted Uranium Rounds in the middle east. They love contaminating the troops...
edit on 16-8-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

Russia has depleted uranium rounds too.
en.wikipedia.org...

Notice, Japan have 10,000 DU Shells?

That is why the explosion is so much bigger than it was suppose to be.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Im afraid the issues there wont be taken serious until they are here. HOPE some device is CLEANING the AIR ON THE WC harmonically.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, if these numbers are true, which I believe they are, this does not count all the people worldwide who are developing cancers as we speak.
Give it 5-10 years. (barring an armageddon event of course)
Then that number may go way up.
Then they will hide all those deaths in the ageing population statistics.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

As I discussed earlier, these deaths if true won't (I think) be all because of direct radiation exposure as this should usually take longer to develop cancers in the peoples exposed. The deaths could be a combination of stress, problems in the healthcare system etc, the quicker death of older people because of the stress.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Japan didn't shut down anything. They had a temporary public relations pause and bonus time for routine maintenance to get 100% caught up while whatever else needed done got done.

Japan approves two reactor restarts, more seen ahead

Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda, his popularity ratings sagging, had backed the restarts for some time. He announced the government's decision at a meeting with key ministers, giving the go-ahead to two reactors operated by Kansai Electric Power Co at Ohi in western Japan.

The decision, despite public concerns over safety after the big earthquake and tsunami crippled the Fukushima plant, could open the door to more restarts among Japan's 50 nuclear power reactors.
Source

Nuclear catastrophes are bad, but business is business and Politics never stop....so we should have known the concern from the political level would have a serious expiration date. .....about 10 minutes past the time the public found other things to focus on.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I do not doubt for one second that this awful tragedy will increase mortality and rate of certain cancers. But it will take years - decades to notice the full impact.So i hope that this report is just a doom and gloom agenda thing - otherwise in a future is going to be much much worse numbers.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

As the author of the article states.

Nobody should yet race to conclusions that 38,700 Japanese died from Fukushima exposure in the first year after the disaster. Several activities must occur. The final death statistics must first be posted, which will occur sometime next year. Counts of deaths and diseases among infants who are most susceptible to radiation exposure must be made public. Numbers for each area of Japan must be made public – radiation exposure from Fukushima would likely result in the highest rises in mortality in areas closest to the damaged plant. Numbers of deaths must be converted into rates, to account for any change in population.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I'd just note something here, before anyone of us get comfortable in the slightest.

Fukushima is stable right now because Fukushima is entirely static right now. They are cleaning around the core containments OH so VERY carefully...and OH so slowly and gently. Goood.... We still have 2 and perhaps 3 cores that went into various states of full meltdown. 1 or more of those 3 cores are still....God only knows exactly where and in who knows what actual condition. They don't....it's a matter of 'don't touch a THING...until the rest is clear first' by the look of it.

One thing very specifically to take notice of. In my first photo linked page above, you see the reactor building being taken down from the top down, and the fuel pool being dealt with.

Look very carefully at the big yellow thing. That's the top of the Reactor containment vessel for that reactor. Now...look carefully at the massive bolts running around it's edge. It's the best, close up look we've gotten of one of those to date.

Every single bolt that holds the top of the containment to the bottom of the containment is blown and worthless. They aren't holding anything closed anymore. It looks like gravity and friction are what holds Pandora's box closed for the time being. Surely...there MUST be a bit more than sheer weight...but I'm willing to hazard a guess, they don't do much for touching or being closer to that right now and it's guess work as to what the scene looks like wherever the slag which USED to be the reactor core wound up.

Recall as well, the building those photos show half torn down is among those that had weird blue and green light coming from the depths of the ruins on and off for awhile after the accident....then it stopped. Not for what any human did, but it found a balance of sorts, is my guess.

What happens when they necessarily HAVE to eventually disturb the balance to handle melt-down cores? Time will tell..and this is a LONG LONG way from being over.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well if another earthquake hits in the area, which isn't exactly unlikely, then we could be in real trouble. I mean there is literally no stopping reactor 4 from a complete breach in this scenario, is there?

top topics

join