It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Canadian Cities Top Best In The World To Live.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I love Canada and the US equally

You're right in my opinion though, SF is the only city in the States that I could imagine living in

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
1 thing about Canada is those winters. heard its brutal. 2 months summer, which more like spring everywhere else, and the rest is winter.

me and cold arent on the best of terms

That was 10 yrs ago
now we have almost no snow

wonder why

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I like how Calgary is curiously free of natural disasters. There is the occasional flooding, but honestly, it's much less than one would expect (considering that the entire downtown core is basically a floodplain for the Bow River.)

I actually live a little bit outside of Calgary in Strathmore... where the lazy summer days are frequently interrupted by WeatherRadios blaring Tornado warnings. Ahhh... The sounds of Summer.

Calgary does have a curious tendency to cycle through periods of incredibly high inflation, though... and insane prices for parking. (Like renting an apartment for your car.)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
reply to post by dayve

I love Canada and the US equally

You're right in my opinion though, SF is the only city in the States that I could imagine living in

You can't love them equally! You have to choooooooose!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hooray for Canada! As an American I'm glad we have a successful stable country bordering us at the North. If only we could same the same for the South!

That said I have no desire to move to Canada at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can think of many Canadian cities I'd rather live in than any of those three.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I can think of many Canadian cities I'd rather live in than any of those three.

Like ?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
CrikeyMagnet....

Whyyyyy do I have to choose...?! It's so hard! But....so...Well, I'm going to have to go for Canada... Sorry US I still love you!!

edit on 15-8-2012 by paradisepurple because: j

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Quebec city not so much, too snot nosed if you asked me...

~Tenth

Yet abosolutely GORGEOUS! Was there for a 2 day festival this summer, when I went back East to visit family, and I decided to re-learn French through Rosetta Stone.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That was 10 yrs ago now we have almost no snow wonder why

what about the Negative 60 degree below winter days with 40 mph winds. You guys still have that?

I can do me some Canadian Living if you guys are light on the snow.

Im used to Midwestern US snow and it SUCKS. Cars rusty after a decade falling apart, salt eating it all up, shoveling ur way out to get to work, etc....

Still I've been thinking about getting some rural land and doing a homestead up north in ur province

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

We dont have winter like that anymore
probably will not have any 2012 winter to .. its to hot
we also have extreme heat wave here to
the entire north american continent is boiling under those heat waves
edit on 8/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All you Americans complaining about cold weather.

What's worse, bit of cold or waking up every morning with unemployment rising, police-state unfolding, mass shootings every week and your, yes YOUR, tax money used to kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's and Afghani's in past decade.
edit on 15-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Woohoo! Calgary! Love it here! Lets just hope for no lockout in NHL eh? :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Yeah Calgarian, you're right. Recently Calgary is moving up the scale with a scary rate. A lot of job offers come from Calgary, sometimes almost 20-25 % more than the same position in Toronto. I just got some offers to come and work in Calgary (been there few times) but I love Toronto and wouldn't change it
Proud for three canadian cities though.

You can Thank David Miller. For making Toronto Better.
edit on 15-8-2012 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Montreal is the Canadian Metropole
one of the most oldest cities in North America
but the city of Quebec (north of Montreal)
capital of the province of Quebec is 400 yrs old

Montreal is the city of all languages
with the 2 main language (French and English)
we have a Little Italia,Chinese,Greek,Jews,Muslims,Black etc
all reunited on the big island of Montreal

Im surprise you didnt include Montreal in your list
edit on 8/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Not to sound like a dick, but other than going their to hit up the easy strange most of the rest of canada isn't too fond of Quebec....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by Ben81

That was 10 yrs ago now we have almost no snow wonder why

what about the Negative 60 degree below winter days with 40 mph winds. You guys still have that?

I can do me some Canadian Living if you guys are light on the snow.

Im used to Midwestern US snow and it SUCKS. Cars rusty after a decade falling apart, salt eating it all up, shoveling ur way out to get to work, etc....

Still I've been thinking about getting some rural land and doing a homestead up north in ur province

Depending on where in canada you wanted to live, you can avoid the snow all together. On the pacific coast it stays mild and rainy through winter, hell there's a desert here in Osoyoos too, if that's your thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've been to Vancouver many times over the years. I've always enjoyed it. And of course major props for Canadian beer.

However i'm more of a "sun and beach" type person. My golden years will be spent on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean or Central America that is expat friendly with a low cost of living.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All I know is this:

As a Canadian I wish my government hadn't taken away my right to bare arms.

You'll have liberals and rich Canadians singing about how beautiful our nation is, and few who disagree with them. Believe me when I say that Canada is no paradise. I'd trade places with a Texan in a heart beat.

With love,

-From Alberta.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yes but the criteria for top cities is flawed.

The top cities are all small like 2 million or less and F****** boring dumps. Like Vancouver is known worldwide as the most boring city ever. Even Christy Clarke said she hope that Vancouver can shake that tag.

Im not Canadian but I know Vancouver VERY well. Its a dump of the worst kind. Homeless people all over downtown standiing outside 7/11 all over granville street.
SO MANY DRUGGIES EVERYWHERE

There is no shopping coice there. The government of BC controls every aspect of the citizens lives. Their so called free medical is a LIE....just like everything else canadian. You have to pay a fee monthly (unless you're such a loser that you earn less than 30,000 candian dollars per year which is NOTHING) so a family of FOUR have to pay a fee to BC health of 156 dollars every month whether you use the health service or not. God damn joke there. THERE IS NO FREE HEALTH SERVICE IN BC!!!

You get fined for everything..for example two girls aged 18 and 24 walked across the road but not at a legit crossing..no cars were coming and the police fined them 180 bucks each.....for walking.

OK the good thing is they do have a very VERY low crime rate compared to a proper city like New York or London Or Paris and this makes up 60% of the overall score....so because they NO people living there compared to a proper city crime is expected to be low.

Another thing, Vancouver has Dog turd everywhere on sidewalks, childrens parks every damn place. Everything is expensive for what you get. The minimum wage is a joke $8.50 - $9.00 depending on the job you are in...a pack of cigarette cost 12 bucks so you can work for an hour and still not afford to kill yourself on cigarette because you cant afford them.

Vancouver has ZERO nightlife for young people except they think its great because they have known nothing else.

Again cities pollution ranks high on the score and again this favors cities like Vancouver because they have NO one beside old people and chinese people and indian people...all who are boring by nature.

If this BEST city was fair Vancouver would not rank in the top 50 because its just a dump. There BIGGEST event there of each year is the Gay parade...that sums up Vancouver in general....No party for straight people.

Alcohol banned on the streets. You cant even sit in the park on a nice day and crack open a beer. Its a massive offense that the people there would stare at you with an open mouth.

I can not speak for the other cities because I prefer Montreal a proper city and have not lived in the two other ranked cities.

Plus Vancouver pays a great deal of money to cover up its really bad points like East Hasting drug and homeless problem that NO ONE has been able to solve all these years.

On an plus it has some great outdoor activities like hiking and walking if you like that sort of thing or whale watching.

Vancouver = An aids ridden drug ridden turd hole with some of the most boring people known to man.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow. After Living in Melbourne & Brisbane Australia I have to say that looking at that picture made me go "Wow, what a beautiful looking city".

Though after taking a closer look of that city, I gotta say, the background of it, with all the skyscrapers looks computer generated, like a mock up drawing of what the cit will look like when a certain tower is complete...

Is it a computer generated background or is it actually looking like that?

Actually after looking closer yet again I must say Computer Generated...
edit on 17-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join