It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Canadian Cities Top Best In The World To Live.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary are among the top-five liveable cities in the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit's liveability survey.

The three Canadian metropolises follow top-rated Melbourne, Australia, and second-place Vienna, Austria. Vancouver had sat at the top of the liveability ranking for close to a decade but slipped slightly to the No. 3 spot this year. Toronto followed in fourth and Calgary in fifth.

www.calgarysun.com...

These surveys are interesting, yet drive more immigrants in when they go to look for a new country/home.

No bragging here, but I literally get 5 email a week for contracting jobs (all starting at 25$ an hour or higher) in Calgary. Also, we're charted as the safest city in Western Canada and have the highest GDP. (Average person here makes 91k a year)

So all you American who want to up-root and move, I suggest you select one of these 3 Canadian cities.

Any questions you may have about my city, feel free to message me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah Calgarian, you're right. Recently Calgary is moving up the scale with a scary rate. A lot of job offers come from Calgary, sometimes almost 20-25 % more than the same position in Toronto. I just got some offers to come and work in Calgary (been there few times) but I love Toronto and wouldn't change it
Proud for three canadian cities though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Gee I wonder why Canada is all of the sudden the best place to live... is it because the rest of the world has gone to s***? I love canada, always have. Canada, in general, is my bug out location, if I can make it that far

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Gee I wonder why Canada is all of the sudden the best place to live...

Has always been.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Top best cities if you live in canada.... the US is way better. And the best city to live in is SF.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Top best cities if you live in canada.... the US is way better. And the best city to live in is SF.

Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary are among the top-five liveable cities in the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit's liveability survey.

Which part didn't you understand???
edit on 15-8-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I drove through vancouver once, years ago... I remember it being rather clean. Especially relative to the DC and Baltimore hell holes that I am familiar with.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Which part didn't you understand???
edit on 15-8-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

Dont feed the troll

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
LOL

Funny how two of those are cities that most Canadians hate the most

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Montreal is the Canadian Metropole
one of the most oldest cities in North America
but the city of Quebec (north of Montreal)
capital of the province of Quebec is 400 yrs old

Montreal is the city of all languages
with the 2 main language (French and English)
we have a Little Italia,Chinese,Greek,Jews,Muslims,Black etc
all reunited on the big island of Montreal

Im surprise you didnt include Montreal in your list
edit on 8/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think people just understand the Montreal is awesome, regardless of any list

I think it's the European Feel of Montreal that draws such a great atmosphere there.

Quebec city not so much, too snot nosed if you asked me...

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I live in Vancouver, it's beautiful and peaceful, but it has it's bumps every now and again.
The riots last year. Gangland shootings and stabbings every 1-3 days, every week. Taxes Galore.

One thought always resonates within me while i'm out and about, whether i'm driving looking out at the mountains and skyline, or taking the Skytrain through the metropolitan, I can't help but feel this area is heading towards something HUGE in scale in the future.. Like i'm looking at what will one day be ruins or something..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Gee I wonder why Canada is all of the sudden the best place to live...

People are learning about our beer

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Ben81

I think it's the European Feel of Montreal that draws such a great atmosphere there.

~Tenth

I guess the title of the thread should have been, What city do members rate as the safest and nicest to live in or which one do they like better...lol Damn Economist Intelligence Unit's survey. When are they going to learn how to conduct one?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Ben81

~Tenth

lol yeah .. i lived in Quebec city for 3-4 yrs when i was very young
i had some bad memory of that place .. didnt like it at all

Montreal is the first Metropole of North America
NHL HQ was in Montreal before moving to NY

i think the UN to was located in Montreal first

we have a lot of europeen people coming here
especially French from France .. they love eating French Canadian Poutine
mmm
but the Quebec province is owned by Jean Charest .. another Obama

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Montreal is the Canadian Metropole
one of the most oldest cities in North America
but the city of Quebec (north of Montreal)
capital of the province of Quebec is 400 yrs old

Montreal is the city of all languages
with the 2 main language (French and English)
we have a Little Italia,Chinese,Greek,Jews,Muslims,Black etc
all reunited on the big island of Montreal

Im surprise you didnt include Montreal in your list

They would have but decded theres just too many French people there.......

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i really like Ashevile, N.C. its like a minnie SF with all the cool hippy chicks, musicians playing on the corners, good eateries, a few breweries, nestled in a valley.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have never actually been to Canada, but would love to go there. My grandfather used to go as a representative of the company he worked at in Pennsylvania to Canada every year; he took my grandmother with him. They wanted to move there too, but something must have come up. They flew him to Toronto and Winnipeg a few times. Apparently Winnipeg was incredibly cold but Toronto was gorgeous.

Canada has always appealed to me, specifically Quebec because of the very European appeal of its cities. It would be like going to Europe without actually having to fly across the Atlantic (I refuse to fly due to the TSA). But in the end I could probably never actually relocate out of the USA except under incredible circumstances. Congratulations anyways for having such livable cities.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
1 thing about Canada is those winters. heard its brutal. 2 months summer, which more like spring everywhere else, and the rest is winter.

me and cold arent on the best of terms

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I live in Vancouver, it's beautiful and peaceful, but it has it's bumps every now and again.
I can't help but feel this area is heading towards something HUGE in scale in the future.. Like i'm looking at what will one day be ruins or something..

I'm not a city person normally but I adored Vancouver, oh yeah I could live there no problem... The proximity to the mountains AND the sea, just heaven on earth.... I have to agree with the survey!

But it's so funny you should say that - exactly what I felt when I was there! I felt like there was a bit of a bad vibe going on... Not in the here & now but like there was the potential for something really bad to happen there in the future maybe... It was quite weird... I've only ever felt like that once before when travelling and that was in the Mojave Desert

edit on 15-8-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join