It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by whalebrr
ahh right, artism through prescrition, good explanation for atristry...goood art always is another for a good star, in a meator chowder

do all your post have to be enigmatic and senseless in a confusing way?

no offense, just curious.

yeah facebook has become senseless in there allowing precise recognition. just a complaint to why i can have

edit on 15-8-2012 by whalebrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewgibbs

someone wont be a member here long lol.

what is this facebook everyone is talking about?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well sense I'm not sure I can cover my tracks...I compete in
Sheep Herding & that is why I do not have control of all the photos
currently posted on FB. Being a professional drummer, I also don't have
control of videos or photos shown in public. Damn sorry I'm slow, but it
just occurred to me that anything I did from '86- the 90's was pre all
the internet collected info...could be wrong, like I previously stated
I am NOT computer literate. This has been a beneficial thread for myself
in a more understanding of what's going on & how things work. Thank You for Your Time!!!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

ahh right, artism through prescrition, good explanation for atristry...goood art always is another for a good star, in a meator chowder

do all your post have to be enigmatic and senseless in a confusing way?

no offense, just curious.

yeah facebook has become senseless in there allowing precise recognition. just a complaint to why i can have

edit on 15-8-2012 by whalebrr because: (no reason given)

im just going to assume english isnt your first language.

i never did see the allure of facebook so never bothered with it. i call my friends out for being on it all the time and they get so offended / defensive. it almost is sickening.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm currently on most if not every social networking site out there to keep in touch with other professionals in my industry(artist). Also, it helps me to keep an eye out for freelance gigs when I'm not being over worked. Thankfully, my Pops had always taught me to limit the information I put out there since the days of AOL and 56k. However, my wife is an actress and she has so many pictures of us at her shows/gigs/whathaveyou.. there's just no hope for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

But you know they have the capability of hacking into your FB and changing things.....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Man facebook used to be a good pickup line at a bar where you would make fun of a girl for typing on a smartphone updating her pictures, I think they are wising up to it now...that is my only use for facebook.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderLL

They (FB) do not need to "hack" into your account. Its a boolean flag (true/false) in the database where your life is stored. Simple edit or script will set all accounts to true or false if needed.

Like this:
Privacy_Profile_OnlyFriends 1

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
when you have multiple pictures of you, it gives them lots of pictures (poses, location, etc) to manipulate. Look at the James Holmes case.. ONE picture?? People wanted proof of Holmes that he actually exists. One of his latest picture with the Llama... was fake! If you look at the reflection in his sunglasses, it doesn't reflect anything that is in front of him.

Just an example. I can name a few.. but we have seen history of bin laden photos and videos..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lethalized

FB is about what you're doing, what you're eating, who you're having sex with, what you are wearing, and what you look like in front of a bathroom mirror. Its a monologue.. Not "9/11 is an inside job, check out the youtube video.. "

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

no, speaking esparanto, facebook is facially recnigitionally drawing incidential

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is unsurprising but even more horrible. What one poster said about being "trapped" yeah I have my friends & family spread out all over the place and it's an easy way to see how things are going :/ the worst part is that people can see what I did in 2007. A few people have told me to run for politics, I burst out laughing and say there will be a picture of me drinking and smoking underage in my underwear in minutes. Lol that makes me sound so classy but out of all those hundreds, theres some bad ones. I only deleted really incriminating #. Seriously though, if someone had told me the myspace for college kids would one day have an account for every big corporation...
although I don't like doing things out of fear!!!

it once asked me if a friend who looks similar was me, to be tagged in a photo. The mess of it all is even if you delete it it's still there, somewhere. I wish I could delete most of my "friends" but at this point I have close to a thousand it seems impossible...& I can count my real ones on one hand.

Ugh aware but apathetic at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

no, speaking esparanto, facebook is facially recnigitionally drawing incidential

facebook, the only collage of harvesting a friends sociability....and setting a reason for excluding

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

facebook, the only collage of harvesting a friends sociability....and setting a reason for excluding

# you im getting drunk asshole

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why go to FB, when you can hang here!

edit on 16-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sorry if anyone has already said this, I've read the first couple of pages and the last page. The topic boomed quite fast, as it usually does where FB is concerned.

1. It IS possible to remove your account entirely. You have to search for the request to do so, then you have two weeks of account disability, before the account and everything associated with it is removed. The site still keeps your pictures and information, because when you sign up, you told them they could. So Facebook holds pictures of your children, your families, everyone you care about (and those you don't care about so much). You can request for them to remove them, but it takes up to six months, and I don't know how to find the link to do it, but it supposedly does exist.

2. This business with the cameras is like having internet cookies installed in your real life. I went on a mad scramble for concert tickets the other morning, and lo and behold, other sites were presenting me with adverts for tickets for the same site. If these cameras log you in certain shops, they will use your Facebook account to tailor your ads more specifically to your interests. If you pick up a copy of Busty Babes XXX in the newsagent, I wouldn't be surprised if FB could make a cross reference and someone tell your significant other haha.

3. The subtlest propaganda ever. "If you don't have a Facebook, you might be a psychopath." What better way to make people scared to NOT be on the radar? My partner doesn't have a Facebook. But he is of sound mind, he just HATES Facebook, he hates most people who use it, the drama it creates and how invasive it has become in people's lives. He doesn't want to see pictures of people's ugly kids all the time, and he doesn't want to read peoples dirty laundry. People need to learn what is socially acceptable. I wouldn't go into a room with a bunch of people, some I know well, others I barely know at all, and start publicly shaming someone. And my GOD, the "melodram patheticism" people suffer from! Sorry if we don't all want to hear how you "are so fat / ugly / unlovable / have no life / lover / friends", while your friends all crow back at you that they love you and want to crawl inside you and nestle next to your heart for the rest of their lives!

I honestly believe Facebook is becoming what's wrong with much of the non-military world. One day we'll all be sitting in rooms, with visors and gloves, interacting with an online universe we won't want to leave.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Facebook only has access to what you give it, nothing more. Besides, I bet in 5 years time, people will scratch their heads when you say facebook.

Remember myspace? Exactly.

I disagree. I was watching a childrens show with my niece yesterday and they are even promoting facebook on childrens shows... This Facebook will stick about for a very long time. They will keep adding features to keep people coming back. It is nothing like myspace and overall, Myspace is nothing compared to facebook. I have sent msgs to people to start removing tagged photos of me. Facebook can kiss my (you know what).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

The only thing I can do is deactivate my account. I cannot find a way to pretty much terminate it. I would like to know though because I have no use for that pathetic website.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Like I said, you have to search for the option. They hide it so it's almost impossible to know you can. Some think deactivating it is all it takes, but it's not. Read the second paragraph and follow the link

Facebook Account Deletion

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Whoops person above me posted the link haha ignore this post

edit on 16-8-2012 by hannah1234 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join