It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
An interesting side-effect to this might be that we will all finally get to see our doppelgangers...
or meet them in a re-education camp

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This thread just reminded me to check on my castleville on facebook...thanks for the reminder....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Star for you!

This is exactly how it will go.
As well as to the person who mentioned getting some IR blockers to prevent the cameras from recognizing you...
Yeah, that would hit level 7 straight away :p

I like the idea of IR camera blockers, but cops would look at that and go... Whats he hiding? He is suspicious, we should take him aside and have a quiet "chat".

Sad but true

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Haha, not once did I suggest anything you stated. I simply stated what should be common knowledge. Why would I be happy that my personal information can be seen by strangers working at some government facility? Don't put words in my mouth, you won't look like a complete fool.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by Sly1one

Star for you!

This is exactly how it will go.
As well as to the person who mentioned getting some IR blockers to prevent the cameras from recognizing you...
Yeah, that would hit level 7 straight away :p

I like the idea of IR camera blockers, but cops would look at that and go... Whats he hiding? He is suspicious, we should take him aside and have a quiet "chat".

Sad but true

Yep, the worst part is that entire scenario I posted was all reaction based. The "shopper" reacting to his situation and in turn the "system" reacting to him causing him to react more and the "system" to react more until it climaxes to the obvious...its your standard textbook situational escalation...

I see this everyday where I work...and I know for a fact that the scenario I posted is not a fantasy situation...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's true. The NSA will follow and log everyone whether they are on facebook or not. Facebook just gives them a bit more information without having to dig and scrape through other means. Just an easier template to gather information. And Castleville just sucks anymore anyway...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
the face recognition software will be foiled by duckfaces, blurry phone pic's and cropped 'n' shopped pics.

no the system won't be foiled because those can easily be labeled "unknown" or completely discarded if the system can't read them...

For the system to be "foiled" every single picture of you would have to be blurry or Photoshopped etc...even 1 legit picture referencing you (drivers license) and your background data will tag you...and that will be enough for them to act on if they so wish.

They even have predictive software that can predict how you would look with different hair styles/colors etc...as well as what you would look like "aged"...the software markers the "creases" in your face using differences in lighting etc and uses an algorithm to determine how those creases would change over time. This is also done with any other facial markers such as moles, hair-lines, birthmarks, freckles, scars etc...

and this stuff is only going to get more and more refined and fine tuned over the years to come...

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The best part is the reasoning, to "give customers a discount".

Why do you need to scan someone's face to give them a discount.

It's not necessary, you can take 10 cents off toilet paper without knowing who they are and scanning their face.

So even the reasons are suspect.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
reply to post by chemistry

They are putting the cameras in shops not your bedroom.
Do you have a brain disease buddy? Seek medical advice.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

So there is a line that you believe should not be crossed. The question is, where do you put that line? Do we put in your living room or do we put the line much further back so that we can have some sort of freedom in society?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You post a picture of yourself on the world wide web via Facebook... and your worried about privacy....!!!!!????????

Any get the irony here?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

This is true.

But for Agenda 21 to work and for them to build acceptance of the old world order, they need to breed compliance.

To do that, they do what we do to train our pets.

Conform and Reward.
Do this, get a treat.

Same principle;
1.) Get on Facebook
2.) Volunteer to this Face-Recog service
3.) Get your reward like the good little dog (20% discount on Chocolate)

Now this newly trained obedient dog will spread the word that if you 'simply' have a Facebook account and you 'click' this link. You can get cheaper stuff at the shops! WIN WIN.

It's evident with things like the TSA;
Step through the Cancer machines or have our gropers find out what you ate last night.
Good boy!

The police are doing it too btw;
Do as we say (even tho you don't have to -- because there is no law requiring you to and you are well within your rights) or we;
A.) Taze you
B.) Taze you some more
C.) Shoot your dog
D.) Shoot you
E.) Strip search you on the side of the road for all to see
F.) All of the above.
edit on 15/8/2012 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't get what your problem is with facial recognition when entering stores? That is a GOOD thing. If faces are recognized whenever a person enters a shopping establishment it is a faster and easier way to catch burglars and other criminals that are at large. If they're recognized within a store especially if they're trying to rob again, the police may be called upon sooner and criminal can be caught much much sooner. It's about security and keeping the public and businesses safe, not to invade your privacy. Besides, as you stated, people can either opt in or out so what's the problem? It's voluntary.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's not as easy as "just stop using Facebook".
Even if you dont use fb, a fb using friend of yours could upload photos of you to their fb page with name and everything.
If you once was a fb user and uploaded a picture of yourself there, fb can now backtrack your friends photo to confirm it's you, and get an updated photo of you, even if you haven't used fb for years.

I am a facebook user but this is really sinister.
Governments (and unknown others) now have a tool to instantly recognize almost every single human in the civilized world as soon as they walk by a security camera.
And we all provide them that tool freely and gladly, by using fb and posting pictures of ourselves and our friends.

TPTB board meeting:
-How can we implement a system that recognize and track the location of every single human out there?
-It's impossible. People will riot if we try to go through with something like that. And how do we keep a database like that up to date anyway? It will cost millions to update all the people's pictures on a regular basis.Forget it.
-Hold on! I got an idea. How about we make it fun and let THEM do it themselves?
-Hmmm. People are sheeple, that idea can actually work...

They are well on their way to succeed.
Prepare to be recognized and tracked everywhere where there is a security cam around.
On top of that they track what you buy and consume via your credit card use and even what interrests you via your search engine results.
How much energy you use, and for what, via smart meters in your home and who you talk to (and about what) via your phone calls and emails.

Yes, we are truly the free people of the western world!
And the government then tax you and uses YOUR money to pay for wars that "defends your freedom".
What bs. What freedom?

The freedom to be searched intimately at an airport by a stranger instead of beeing subject to radiation by a scanner?

And dont you dare complain about it my friend!
The goverment just uses the tool you provide them with, wheter it's facebook pictures used to track you, or new laws that the people YOU elected, votes thru to further control you (excuse me - I ment protect you from the terrorists that actually wanna take you freedoms away).

I must applaud the minds behind this.
Truly a brilliant plan.

Let a selected few live in riches and wealth beyond your wildest dreams and let the majority struggle to survive.
If anyone disagrees and wanna share the wealth, call them communists.

Take their money and their freedoms and send them to die, fighting stupid wars across the globe.
Make them proud of it.
Call it patriotism.

Let them work for minimum wages at big corporations that destroys their air, water and land in the name of profit.
Let them know that they are lucky to have a job at all, no matter how meaningless it is.
Call it capitalism.

In short - make them sheeple.
Mission accomplished...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren’t on social networking sites are ‘suspicious.’ The German magazine Der Taggspiegel went so far as to point out that accused theater shooter James Holmes and Norwegian mass murder Anders Behring Breivik have common ground in their lack of Facebook profiles

Excuse my language but you would have to be a complete Idiot if you were to be persuaded by this LOL.

its like saying all Muslim people are Terrorist because of 9/11. So everyone who doesnt have a Facebook is going to commit a mass murder. Simply stupid.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I bet you anything this site is watched and read much more carefully than Facebook. I bet it's taken more seriously as a representation of opinions and views as well.
No offense but anyone posting illegal activity on there at all almost deserves the hammer to come down. You wouldn't express that kind of thing loudly in a public area, you shouldn't put it where everyone you know (and a few people they know) can see it. Aside from that, I don't care if they know my religion is 'painting with Bob Ross' or if I hate that slut that doesn't know how to quite when they are ahead. My Facebook would be very boring to watch if you were looking for something.
You know facial recognition on 2d photos usually won't detect an infants face? Not the most reliable software...

People are migrating to Linkedin anyway.

edit on 15-8-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
this and google are the Big brothers on us.
we need to stop them.
google is doing what spys would love to do.
they brake in to your computers and steal info.
FB and Goo can now follow you ever ware you go.
and you can bet the goverment gets there hands on it all.

I use'd a IP hide program and set up a account with a US address.
so I can use it and be hiden.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon

-Hmmm. People are sheeple, that idea can actually work...

In short - make them sheeple.
Mission accomplished...

I just "friended" you Sweden. From 7,000 miles away, you're being tracked.

Anyway, which is it going to be?

My point is this.....you can't lead someone somewhere that they don't want to go to in the first place. Maybe they WANT to be sheeple. Some people are born leaders, some followers. Even the followers know this. Just because they're passive that doesn't make them stupid.

That was a good rant BTW. Let it out. PM me if you have more to say. My deductive skills are top notch.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Personally I use facebook to keep in touch with my 13 yr old daughters that don't live with me full time, and as a birthday reminder service for all my friends. Occasionally I trade funny pictures and quotes and post up the latest pic of one of my newest tattoos. So if the government wants to see the picture of the tattoo that my 4 yr old daughter drew for me that I had tattooed then more power to them, they could gleam the same info by going to the shop I had it done at or if I ever happen to be arrested then they will have it on file as well. But really why all the fearmongering over facebook? I refused to sign up for the past several years because of this site and all the boogyman stories, alas I made an account and don't regret it. Some of you people need to come out of the basement and start living and stop worrying so much, if they gonna get you then they gonna get you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I'm sorry, but I don't get what your problem is with facial recognition when entering stores? That is a GOOD thing. If faces are recognized whenever a person enters a shopping establishment it is a faster and easier way to catch burglars and other criminals that are at large. If they're recognized within a store especially if they're trying to rob again, the police may be called upon sooner and criminal can be caught much much sooner. It's about security and keeping the public and businesses safe, not to invade your privacy. Besides, as you stated, people can either opt in or out so what's the problem? It's voluntary.

Your only looking at one side witch why we are where we are.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Personally I use facebook to keep in touch with my 13 yr old daughters that don't live with me full time, and as a birthday reminder service for all my friends. Occasionally I trade funny pictures and quotes and post up the latest pic of one of my newest tattoos. So if the government wants to see the picture of the tattoo that my 4 yr old daughter drew for me that I had tattooed then more power to them, they could gleam the same info by going to the shop I had it done at or if I ever happen to be arrested then they will have it on file as well. But really why all the fearmongering over facebook? I refused to sign up for the past several years because of this site and all the boogyman stories, alas I made an account and don't regret it. Some of you people need to come out of the basement and start living and stop worrying so much, if they gonna get you then they gonna get you.

read the rest of the thread and you will know why this is bad

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join