It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
People need to realize the demi-gods lovingly called the "NWO" do not need facebook to track your life. Anything transmitted digitally can be captured.

From 2006:

AT&T provided National Security Agency eavesdroppers with full access to its customers' phone calls, and shunted its customers' internet traffic to data-mining equipment installed in a secret room in its San Francisco switching center, according to a former AT&T worker cooperating in the Electronic Frontier Foundation's lawsuit against the company.
wired.com
So they can and will capture your internet activity.

Oh, but my stuff is encrypted you say??? Well, they have a solution for that too.

According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.”
wired.com

So you would pretty much need to unplug.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong - I really don't care if people have this need to keep taking pictures of themselves making the dumb duck lips face and posting it daily - it's just not for me. I'm usually a little bit too busy living in the "real world"...

First. ATS is not the real world. Go scan the thread titles. This is not the real world.

Second, some of us merely use it as essentially a phone. It's my contact list, it's how I keep in touch, it's how we all share pictures without cumbersome email. Some people go way overboard, and I agree, I don't care about your sandwich.

I also don't think the government cares to much either

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Don't get me wrong - I really don't care if people have this need to keep taking pictures of themselves making the dumb duck lips face and posting it daily - it's just not for me. I'm usually a little bit too busy living in the "real world"...

First. ATS is not the real world. Go scan the thread titles. This is not the real world.

Second, some of us merely use it as essentially a phone. It's my contact list, it's how I keep in touch, it's how we all share pictures without cumbersome email. Some people go way overboard, and I agree, I don't care about your sandwich.

Well - if you're going to quote me don't be like the politicians and make edited out of context quotes.
The rest of the sentence that you deliberately cut off to make your non point is

"...well except for my ATS time and the little bit of time I spend buying useless crap on E-Bay.

So I did not even imply that ATS was the real world - but nice try. Other than that we seem to agree - the government most likely doesn't give a crap about what any of us are saying - Facebook or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

If they did not care, why spend billions tracking everything , and making sure everyone is able to be tracked and "marketed".

You guys are classic,

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

You're being overly paranoid.

Go buy a bunker in Montana if you're that worried about it.

I don't do Facebook because I think it's juvenile by my standards, not because it might be intrusive. Hell, going to work is intrusive.

I could break down how the operators of all this break things down in order to focus on certain individuals with key and flag words and images; How the few people and entities who monitor this could not possibly keep tabs on EVERYone at all times, but the reality of it would escape you.

People like you think there's a dedicated satellite trained on 'em 24/7. Get over yourself.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Again? This literally JUST got 404'd

Don't like facebook don't use it. complaining about features you have to opt into is silly.

Despite the article acknowledging the fact that Internet-related sex crimes against children are on the decrease, the story cites a barrage of cases where children have been groomed online before revealing that Facebook “users could be unnerved about the extent to which their conversations are reviewed, at least by computer programs.”

Stop and think for a second. That's just facebook. The NSA has direct access to the telephone system the internet runs on, why bother with 1 site when they have access to ALL traffic.

Take a break from infowars, it will do you good

Do I need to say anything else? Facebook is Big Brother, plain and simple. If you do not delete your account now, then prepare for the next phase of the New World Order's hellish plan: microchipping everyone and linking it all in with Facebook, Face recognition and a global spy-satellite GPS network. Sounds crazy? It is, but it is real.

Facebook only has access to what you give it, nothing more. Besides, I bet in 5 years time, people will scratch their heads when you say facebook.

Remember myspace? Exactly.

edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Opt out? YEAH RIIIIGHT!!! If you have a pictures of your self on your profile then you have been scanned into a bio metric system, the only thing you are opting out is to display that information on your page. This is a COMPANY not a Government, their is allot of things they can do with the information that your Government is not allowed to do. Its a untrustworthy company, you would not give your information to a stranger on the street so why would you give it to a KNOWINGLY untrustworthy company? THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE THEM IS ENOUGH EVEN IF ITS LITTLE!!! They do not expect people to give away their whole life story, just enough. Sure the Governement all ready has your phones taped ect... but YOU are GIVING them one more thing to tap. You are giving spy's your information. If you do not support big brother tapping your phone then you should not be using facebook. Just having a profile makes SPYbook more money to SPY ON US, not just you but US!

STOP MAKING UP EXCUSES AND DO WHATS RIGHT, get rid of your account.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i do not have facebook, or twitter, or for that matter any type of i-phone or it's equivalent. i own a 39.99 GO phone on a month-to month plan, for making calls, thats it. i do not have a camera or microphone on my hom e computer, and i have disabled WI-FI access to my home computer. am i a luddite?, no i just want as much privacy as i can have while still remaining "connected"
the amount of advertizing we are bombarded with on a daily basis, is phenomenal, and for me, cutting down on it as much as possible, helps keep me grounded.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

If they did not care, why spend billions tracking everything , and making sure everyone is able to be tracked and "marketed".

You guys are classic,

You really think the government gives a crap about what I do? You think they give a crap that Phishy and I had a disagreement on a conspiracy website or even that you and I disagree? Most of us on this website are no one special - just regular people being entertained by conspiracies. Sure, "they" might be monitoring every single word uttered or typed, but that doesn't mean they care about me or Phishy or you or any of us.
"They" are monitoring everything to try to find the "bad guys" - not to find out what I am having for lunch today. And the ones that monitor what sites I visit are doing it so they know what type of advertising to throw at me.

What is "classic" here is thinking that you are that important to TPTB.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Its convenient

Its how they pull you in. We all know shopping at wallmart is bad because of the slave labor and the jobs they take but its convenient, so we kill our self's because we are to lazy to go to multiple stores.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My previous post was instantaneously "blocked" for some reason (??)...so we'll try it again (most of it anyway):

Track And Trace (TAT)....where your own face "TATles" on you and your whereabouts. It reminds me of that tv show, "Person of Interest". Remember with all of the cameras being placed everywhere and the ability of satellite cameras to zoom in on the ground this technology is a real threat to individual privacy. For those that dont know the name "Facebook" was taken from the book that pages in Congress carry to recognize all members of the House and Senate. Facebook is being converted so that they (the ubiquitous "they") will recognize You, too.
edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   
I expect Facebook will be a moot point soon enough.

These cameras will still exist and they will still be scanning faces and tracking your purchases regardless.

Facebook is just a database. That data can be held in any base.

Nuke your FB profile today and Walmart will still log your face, name, info and history tomorrow.

Everybody should make an IR hat and make it a point to only use cash or anonymous pre-paid cards. And get a PO box under a different name or the name of some fake business.

link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

You guys are classic,

You really think the government gives a crap about what I do? You think they give a crap that Phishy and I had a disagreement on a conspiracy website or even that you and I disagree? Most of us on this website are no one special - just regular people being entertained by conspiracies. Sure, "they" might be monitoring every single word uttered or typed, but that doesn't mean they care about me or Phishy or you or any of us.
"They" are monitoring everything to try to find the "bad guys" - not to find out what I am having for lunch today. And the ones that monitor what sites I visit are doing it so they know what type of advertising to throw at me.

What is "classic" here is thinking that you are that important to TPTB.

They do not care about you now but they will if you get tangled up in their affairs. Remember YOU might not get caught up in their affairs but some freedom fighting truth seeker might stumble upon something. All the Government has to do is look at their internet profile (all the information they have compiled on you on various sites) to know who the person is and how they think. They can match them to a character type and accurately predict their actions. The ultimate weapon to get into some ones head with out them knowing. People just dont understand how deep this goes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

They are putting the cameras in shops not your bedroom.
Do you have a brain disease buddy? Seek medical advice.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You have to call them to delete it and sit on the phone for about an hour on hold.

Then...and only then will you not be forced into anything by "Big Brother".

Facebook holds all the cards, and you need to have one for the 'Suits' to bust into your home, or otherwise they won't know what town you live in or what your face looks like.

Thanks for saving us from the MIB,
Mike

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Perhaps you people who are scared of Facebook and scared of big brother have got something to hide??

I for one am not afraid. Not of facebook. Not of my government. Not of the police.

Let them watch me, they'll find out that I like conspiracy and that I'm suspicious as hell. Well good!

Might give them something to think about, and if NWO ever arrives on my door step I'll be part of the resistance so they'll find out who we (the good people) are when they go all Nazi on our ass.

Woop de doop. Facebook is fine. Bring on the face recognized discounts.

Okay, great! So let's put a camera in your living room. Let's put face-recognition camera's on very lamp post in your street.

Would you be okay with that?

Oh and I live in England, cctv on every lamp post. Check.

Bothered? Not much. I don't mug old ladies so it doesn't affect me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well then I guess I don't really have a lot to worry about. If "they" had someone bored enough to crunch my internet postings, purchases and websites I visit they will see that I do not trust the government regardless of which party is in charge and if they do something that irritates me I'll b!tch about it instead of going downtown to break out the windows in the Nike store, that I think there might be aliens out there but i don't believe they are visiting earth, and that I spend ridiculous amounts of money on my collection of Windstone dragons.

And in case "they" are monitoring me right now - all of my guns were stolen, but I did not report it because I'm lazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you're worried about FB impeding on your life, don't use it. You know how to not get noticed by the facial recognition software? Don't sign up for it and don't go through the tedious task of setting it up.

While you're at it, get rid of the internet too bud. If the NSA wants information about you, chances are they already ahve it...or can easily obtain it. You're simply barking at the moon with this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

You're being overly paranoid.

Go buy a bunker in Montana if you're that worried about it.

I don't do Facebook because I think it's juvenile by my standards, not because it might be intrusive. Hell, going to work is intrusive.

I could break down how the operators of all this break things down in order to focus on certain individuals with key and flag words and images; How the few people and entities who monitor this could not possibly keep tabs on EVERYone at all times, but the reality of it would escape you.

People like you think there's a dedicated satellite trained on 'em 24/7. Get over yourself.

youtu.be...

Yes they can keep tabs on everyone via software to capture info they require. That is easy to do. You know that. That is why computers are here in the first place; to process information much more quickly. It can be done.

You seem critical of others' fears about confidentiality. It is a real concern, too. It does matter. I gave up using social media because of it. I don't want their eyes on my private affairs.

Obviously, it is becoming inescapable to have any real privacy. I would rather use snail mail; atleast one can tell if that is tampered with.

Yes, I have things to hide big time. There are things I only want a select amount of people to know about me. Am I paranoid for wanting that?

My friend, don't be sucked into not caring about your privacy. Just because it is becoming all the norm does not make it right. Seems that they have now conditioned people into accepting breaches of confidentiality and sharing of PERSONAL information. Or perhaps we should remove the word PRIVACY from the dictionary because it has no meaning anymore.

Privacy is a right, even in the digital age. They have no right to hold any kind of files upon individuals who have broken no laws. Think about it...! Only the other week a guy was arrested here in UK just for moaning about the performance of an olympic competitor and using bad wording. He did not swear, he did not say anything racist; just the competitor was upset by what he said. Do you not see what is happening to us all socially?

The only place I say anything these days is here on ATS. Atleast here I find a bit of support knowing there are others that have the same frame of mind and actually THINK about their lives and society. Might be over the top sometimes, but they are a good crew here. Atleast people try to think laterally about the world we live in.

When I was on facebook everone just seemed so robotic and I could not tell one person from another. It was very sad to witness human beings brought to this low of playing stupid childish games like "Farmville"! Yes, adults wasting their time playing those silly little games! I could not believe it!

Down with facebook and robot zombies! Long live free speech, lateral thinking and alternative views!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
If you're worried about FB impeding on your life, don't use it. You know how to not get noticed by the facial recognition software? Don't sign up for it and don't go through the tedious task of setting it up.

While you're at it, get rid of the internet too bud. If the NSA wants information about you, chances are they already ahve it...or can easily obtain it. You're simply barking at the moon with this one.

What, so you are happy with this arrangement? Everyone KNOWS that already! We know there is no digital privacy. That is what the OP is saying, that is why he made this thread. It is his concern. It is my concern, too. We don't think it is right what they are doing. It is not even moral. They collect information on us all and actually SELL IT! They make profits from selling our email addresses, likes and dislikes, etc. I will never get used to that. I will always despise that disgusting intrusion.

To tell you the truth I have hardly anyone I want to keep in touch with anymore. They are all gone crazy with mush for brains. They do stupid things that they would not have done years ago. We are slowly being led away from traditional morality into this seedy corporate world, where we are all business fodder! Do you not see that happening?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Again? This literally JUST got 404'd

Don't like facebook don't use it. complaining about features you have to opt into is silly.

Despite the article acknowledging the fact that Internet-related sex crimes against children are on the decrease, the story cites a barrage of cases where children have been groomed online before revealing that Facebook “users could be unnerved about the extent to which their conversations are reviewed, at least by computer programs.”

Stop and think for a second. That's just facebook. The NSA has direct access to the telephone system the internet runs on, why bother with 1 site when they have access to ALL traffic.

Take a break from infowars, it will do you good

Do I need to say anything else? Facebook is Big Brother, plain and simple. If you do not delete your account now, then prepare for the next phase of the New World Order's hellish plan: microchipping everyone and linking it all in with Facebook, Face recognition and a global spy-satellite GPS network. Sounds crazy? It is, but it is real.

Facebook only has access to what you give it, nothing more. Besides, I bet in 5 years time, people will scratch their heads when you say facebook.

Remember myspace? Exactly.

Well it should not have been 404'd should it? Why was it 404'd? The OP is stating a real scenario that has possible drastic consequences upon the privacy of all citizens. Don't hammer him just because of that. It is about the most interesting post on this forum as I speak.

There is no doubt that there is a surveillance aspect to this, something our Israeli friends are experts at!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join