It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would my grandad have known as a 3rd degree mason?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatOwl
Yes, I know, and they know, that's why all these officials "wait" until they leave office before "accepting" the honor.

But, the point is, why accept it afterwords, if the constitution forbids it for current officials?

How should I know why they want it? If some dope on a throne offered to Knight me I would decline.

The title of "citizen" is held by 300 million Americans, it obviously doesn't count.

Considering in the 200+ year history of the United States it has only been bestowed seven times I think it is a bit rarer than knighthood which numbers far higher in the same time frame.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
freemasons are the continuation of the Knights Templar, and they are evil and satanic, enough said.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
freemasons are the continuation of the Knights Templar, and they are evil and satanic, enough said.
And how were the Knights Templar evil and satanic? You don't actually believe the Vatican inquisition's torture-drawn confessions, do you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

And how were the Knights Templar evil and satanic? You don't actually believe the Vatican inquisition's torture-drawn confessions, do you?

Of course the Vatican was, and still is very corrupt. With that said,

Look at all the symbols in Templar Churches, full of skull and bones, gargoyles, death, ect

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Look at all the symbols in Templar Churches, full of skull and bones, gargoyles, death, ect

Those images appear on many cathedrals and churches in Europe that having nothing to do with the Templars.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Those images appear on many cathedrals and churches in Europe that having nothing to do with the Templars.

"nothing to do with the Templars"

when I said the Templars built those specific churches.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And I am saying there are other churches and cathedrals in Europe not built by the Templars that also have all or some of the same imagery.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And I am saying there are other churches and cathedrals in Europe not built by the Templars that also have all or some of the same imagery.

Albert Pike?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Albert Pike?

Non sequitor?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It does follow as it is further evidence of the evils of freemasonry

Want even more evidence?

George Washington, a freemason, spoke of the illuminati hijacking freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It does follow as it is further evidence of the evils of freemasonry

Maybe you can be a bit more indepth about how Albert Pike 'is further evidence of the evils of freemasonry'?

This is an adult forum, you should get used to actually posting more than a couple of lines if you are attempting to prove a point.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I know since you are a mason, you don't like hearing things that go against what you perceive to be true, but look into some things Albert Pike, a very high ranking freemason, wrote about. I find that if people research things for themselves then they can come to a realization on their own, rather than just dismissing everything someone else tells them.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I find that if people research things for themselves then they can come to a realization on their own, rather than just dismissing everything someone else tells them.

And what did you research? Where is it? There is nothing of yours to dismiss about him as you posted nothing but your opinion as of yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Holy Crap! Albert Pike was bad? Satanic? Evil? Wow, just wow. I don't think I have ever heard anything about it.

That sure is an amazing and NEW assertion. Hey, have any of the masons around here ever heard about this?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Albert Pike?

…Albert Pike…

Originally posted by network dude
…Albert Pike…

You rang?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

The idea that we stem from the Knights Templar is a myth, a romanticized idea. There exists no records or documentation to support such things. Personally I'd love for one of the perpetuation myths to be true. The Templars were not evil or Satanic. It is accepted that they were falsely accused by the French Crown to dissolve his debt to them. Even though he was emplaced as a puppet of the French Crown, the Pope still absolved the Templars of their charges.

reply to post by Iron7

Do you fear Death?

reply to post by Iron7

Can you name all the Templar built structures with these "evil and Satanic" symbols?

reply to post by Iron7

So now you're jumping from Templars and going a few centuries to the time of Albert Pike? You're missing some essential dots needed to connect these figures. You should also do plenty of research on what Washington was referring to when he talked of the Illuminati. You should research the difference between British Masonry, American Masonry, and Continental Europe Masonry (particularly French Masonry).

You seem to be jumping from random points and misconceptions. I don't know if it is a lack of knowledge on Freemasonry and our history, or just a lack of writing skills.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
The idea that we stem from the Knights Templar is a myth, a romanticized idea. There exists no records or documentation to support such things.

From masters mouth to disciple's ear, many traditions are passed down by word of mouth and even today remain unwritten. The Lamas in Tibet still use mind-to-mind transmission, with no written texts of their teachings. The yogi of India who wrote down and recorded many yogic techniques and practices, only wrote terse aphorism like sayings, or suttas, that contained only the essence of the teachings but not the entire thing, and not enough detail for a student of yoga to follow the practice by just reading the texts, he still needs a teacher today to fill in the remaining unwritten detail. For example, the sutras mention Sutra Neti, but never mentions Jala Neti which was an essential part, and which has become popular in the west today, even being recomended by the medical profession. Yet, search all you will, you'll never find any mention of Jala Neti in the sutras written by the scribes of yoga.

Not everything is written. And not eveything that is written is fact, valid, or true.

The Jewish Rabbi's love to point out that much of the Talmud is deliberate nonsense, put there to throw off the would be outsider from knowing the secrets of their religion. Only the trained Rabbi knows what to discard and what the keep, and so it is everywhere whereever we find secrets need to be kept.

Believe not everything you read, for it is surely a blind, to misdirect the seeker. Believe not everything has been recorded for posterity, for the most important details are always left out.

edit on 3-9-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbertPike

Hey Bro Pike. I just heard this rumor that you were a satanist.

I think it may be that the person who made these accusations was a tiny bit clueless and may have fallen for the old, "Take the Pike quote out of context" bit that so many un-educated folks do. You seem like such a nice guy and very knowledgeable. Like how you kind of picked on the stupid folks who mis-translated the term Lucifer to mean devil.

I also like how some folks believe blindly that the Templars did things like spit on crosses and worshiped Balphomet. Then more idiotic people started using those same accusations on masons hundreds of years later. Almost like they weren't smart enough to come up with new slander.

Balphomet! Bwahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Ugh...there was never any mention word, spoken or written, to the theory that we Freemasons come from the Templars. The earliest mention comes from the famous Oration of Ramsay in 1737, it is from there that all of the chivalric orders popped up, but most of the myths to which they allude they come from have been debunked by historical fact. Stephen Dafoe wrote a book that does a great job at documenting such foolishness. Even with Ramsay's Oration it wasn't the Knights Templar who he connected us to, but the Knights of St. John.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here is a story:

Since my 33rd birthday two months ago...

I've been called:

1) The Ultimate Pimp

2) The Ceasar

3) The Emperor

4) The Titan

5) The Arcangel Michael the Saint (who they now believe is/was not a General, but rather a "Pimp" who casts ultimate spells)

6) The Grand Pontiff (who in turn used his/my power to fire the pope)

7) The Son Of the Royal House

AND YOU KNOW WHA?!? IT IS TRUE!

Tis I... Pinocchio The Great!
Of Acacia Wood Was I Fashioned! With Sh!ttim For My Thoughts!
Adorned In Fine Gold! BUT! But I Am Not The Ark Of The Covenant!

Although I Did Break A Rock With A Stick Once...
edit on 3-9-2012 by Pinocchio because: Welcome To The Holy Roman Empire!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join