It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Google give me this message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To continue, please type the characters below:

About this page Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network.

This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.
IP address: XXXXXXXXXXX Time: 2012-08-15T14:50:47Z URL: www.google.com...

I was simply googling "Assumption Parrish gas bubbles" and wanted to go to the second page

(I replaced my IP address with X's in the above quote)
edit on 15-8-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
log on to your Gmail, see if someone has tried to get into your account.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Thanks. My brother was trying to hack into his email because he forgot the password

And here I was paranoid about the whole message
edit on 15-8-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is important op, Do you remember seeing a CAPTCHA? If there was no CAPTCHA.. Then it is very likley you have wither malware, or your computer has become part of a botnet..

You should run your virus software (assuming you have any)..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

This used to happen to me at work a lot (government network). You should, just to be thorough, do a malware scan.

sometimes it's the nature of the search, other times it's the volume of requests coming from your connection.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ARE WE UNDER THE INVASION OF ROBOTS?????......NOBODY TOLD ME!!!.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

You should run your virus software (assuming you have any)..

Sadly, antivirus software already installed is usually the first thing that gets disabled, but i've rarely seen that with malware, what I have seen is the antivirus updates being blocked or failing.

If you fear your machine is infected, software already on there is questionable at best. What you really need is an online virus scan like bitdefender. OR, if you are a little more advanced, the preferred solution is a bootable cd or dvd that will run a full virus scan outside of the operating system.

Hiren's boot CD is one of many i have used over the years.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I hope it accepted whatever you fed it and is happy with it. I got that last year and just ignored it. I like speed and performance so I always use 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 for basic, default DNS, which is Google. Well, they really mean that message I guess...because it was months before whatever I tripped by blowing it off finally went away and I could use their DNS reliably again without deliberate "brown-outs" or general slow response coming and going in waves.

Apparently, that is Googles reply to bots when they ID them. Just make life miserable for them...or the PERSON they mistake for one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I got this message, too sometimes. Its just like wrabbit says.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Malware...I had the same thing happen on my work computer a few months back. IT guy had me download Malwarebytes Anti Malware and it took care of it.

new topics

top topics

join