It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Judge Won't Stop State Voter ID Law: (Be ready to show ID in November!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I live in PA. Our budget has been gutted by the moron currently holding office. Yet he can find millions of dollars to keep people from voting.

Here's some handy info!

www.rockthecapital.com...

Clearly, you can see that it's millions of dollars well spent. Typical Republicans. Fiscal conservatism until it's war or making sure they stay in office.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
ETA:
I bet Obama can't get a Driver's License with his "short-form" BC.

edit on 16-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Ahhh you are one of those. Hawaii, just like my state only issues short forms.
Now tell me you think there are states full of people unable to get driver's licenses cuz that state failed to document their birth properly. Please tell me that you actually believe that is possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Originally posted by getreadyalready
ETA:
I bet Obama can't get a Driver's License with his "short-form" BC.

edit on 16-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Ahhh you are one of those. Hawaii, just like my state only issues short forms.
Now tell me you think there are states full of people unable to get driver's licenses cuz that state failed to document their birth properly. Please tell me that you actually believe that is possible.

Wrong thread for that discussion, but you're wrong. They issue both.

That was just a joke anyhow, not meant to derail this thread in any way.

This debate is kind of like the border fence debate. I'm appalled that there wasn't already a fence, and that there are many areas on both the North and South border where people can cross completely undetected. On the Northern Border you can literally drive a Diesel Truck across many unchecked crossing points. No fence, no gate, no guard. Why do we go through TSA at the airport again?

It is appalling to me that any state hasn't already enacted ID laws for voting. Just completely baffles me that it hasn't been the law from the very beginning.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Where is the outrage from the African-American community that the democratic party thinks they are incapable of understanding how to get identification?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In CA, I've had to show my ID the 3 times I voted, and it didn't bother me. I think an ID is pretty cheap and you can make an appointment online and the wait time is a lot less at the DMV. I can see the arguement from both sides though. I have never really believed my vote counted anyway, for president at least.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
oh I am sorry you have a warrant out for your arrest and cant get a new id but want to vote for president - nahhhh

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The government wants you to vote... while they are preparing for a civil war.
I thought that ATS members are smarter than that.
It looks like I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Out of curiosity how many states require photo identification in order to receive state assistance (welfare / medicare / medicaid / etc)?

Why is it ok to require individuals to prove their identity and status in order to receive assistance? Most domestic assistance programs, in general, are championed by the Democrats and they dont seem to have issues with requireing ID in order for them to receive assistance.

Why is voting any different?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Voting is a right.
Welfare is not a right.
You knew that though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by queenofswords

So if you have trouble walking, you now have to be made to get on a bus, and use government assistance, in order to get to the DMV and then do it again to vote?

This thread is full of a bunch of infants who have no idea what it is like to be disabled or a senior.

And when you are 90, and some young punk sends you to the back of a huge store to get something, instead of getting it for you, I hope you remember this moment.

Now I will ask this again, if the government said that EVERYONE has to take the bus in order to vote to reduce the carbon footprint, is it a problem then?

Then why are you making it a problem for the disabled, seniors, and students?

OMG....If you can't understand why a valid ID is NECESSARY to vote, then you are beyond reasoning with, imo.

I would bet my last dollar that if you told these same people that somehow "can't" obtain an ID that you have a check for them in the amount of $___.00 but that they would have to bring a valid ID with them to claim it, they would suddenly be very capable of finding a way to get that ID.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Hogwash.

I've been voting for 23 years, they always check my ID....

If someone doesn't have any form of state issued ID, they are a moron.

They can't buy a pack of cigarettes, can't buy beer, can't open a checking account, can't drive a car, can't get a passport, can't identify themselves to a police officer (which in some states can get you arrested), can't buy a car, can't buy a house, can't rent an apartment, can't cash a paycheck, can't cash a government check......can't do a damn thing these days.

I need to KNOW we are all on the same playing field.

This talk of racism or unfairness is a LIBERAL despicable tactic that any American with half a brain sees right through.

Good day Sir!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Have ID ready and be patient while they check for outstanding warrants. Also stand by while they check to see if you owe back child support.

Pennsylvania is getting this right!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I don't care if you disagree, I just think the outcry is ridiculous considering you must be a US citizen to vote. What else must ALL US citizens do? Carry an ID.

If it is so hard to pull an ID out of your pocket, don't drive, you might get pulled over and have to show ID. No more booze either right?

I think all states should enact this law. And no, I'm not a republican, so don't try and come at me by saying I support republicans. You'll only look foolish.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by gncnew

There must be a an IQ maximum to be right wing.

You said you live in the snowbird capital. Snowbirds live in AZ so they can drive north fro the summer and back for the winter. So the demographics of YOUR town, is going to be seniors that drive.

Seniors who don't drive, let their licenses expire.

BTW, four states are advocating removing early and absentee voting. See how this snowball starts rolling? They are citing amdinistrative costs, yet will pay millions to check IDs.
edit on 16-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

If there is an IQ cap to be right wing - the good news is there is at least an IQ minimum requirement as well - unlike left wing... all you need there is a bleeding heart and "good intentions" - results don't matter, just intentions right?

Isn't it funny how left wingers always assume intellectual superiority over conservatives... yet they utterly fail in the real world when logic is required. Maybe that's why you all feel so smart, you stay in academia where you don't actually have to produce or achieve.

I digress;

I lived (past tense) there, and the point is that the vast majority of elderly people HAVE ID. Very few don't. This is a straw man argument - you're creating a dilemma where none exists - standing up for the disenfranchised voters that don't exist.

It's like saying "For anyone that says I'm an alien, well, I'm not!" when NOBODY is calling me an alien.
edit on 16-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

If you don't want to be busted for warrants and child support, don't commit crimes or ditch your kid. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What's the fuss? Doesn't just about everyone in the US have a photo ID?

I'd like this brought in in England. We're having a major issue with electoral fraud in the Pakistani heavy constituencies, at least one guy has got in through mass fraud here.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter

Originally posted by Kaploink
Yet, the real sources of modern voter fraud continues. Hacked voting machines and mail in ballots. At least you will sleep better thinking illegal immigrants and dead people won't be voting.

Showing id when you vote is one step closer to eleminating the fraud problem. If a person wants to vote then getting and presenting identification isn't too much to expect.
Kudos Pennsylvania !

look it's pretty simple... republicans don't want anyone that will help Obama win the election to vote...all you people out there in america that do not have a republican-OKed picture ID are not americans.
republicans made sure that those people have no right to vote...talk about traitors

an idea...have the republican party pay FOR ALL the voter ID's needed, no exceptions
No- Have BOTH PARTIES pay FOR ALL the voter ID's needed, no exceptions

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It’s not a democrat/republican thing, it’s a necessity needed to make sure illegals are not voting in a particular candidate. Why do people always have to make the argument that everything is about the left and right? It’s not a democrat thing, it’s not a republican thing, It’s the right thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join