It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 "Shaking My Head" Fallacies of Posters On This Site

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher
This thread is like the Andy Rooney of ATS, cranky and irrelevant.

Are you saying I'm famous like Andy??

ATS peeps: I'm famous!!!!!

Pixel -
Preesh!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

To your first point, I'm astonished you would now claim this defense after the multitude of posts where you so obviously misdeed my use of sarcasm and humor

The point you are trying to make with this thread, is not meant sarcastically at all.

The humor exists in your perception only.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
reply to post by gncnew

To your first point, I'm astonished you would now claim this defense after the multitude of posts where you so obviously misdeed my use of sarcasm and humor

The point you are trying to make with this thread, is not meant sarcastically at all.

The humor exists in your perception only.

You have also complained about my various replies, no - the OP was not meant in jest at all - but it's actually very spot on, hence your ardent responses because you struggle with seeing the image before you in the mirror.

To disprove your new assertion that you were ONLY referring to the OP, here are some select quotes of yours from this thread:

In response to me laughing at someone calling me a disinfo agent:

reply to post by gncnew

Gotta smuggle it in, now that the 911 forum is closed.

Right?

In response to my general hilarity that is ensuing:

reply to post by gncnew

You seem to be quite the dandy. It's not really working for ya brother. You are trying too hard to sound smart. It is clear to see that you are a full body hair growing big feeted cave dwelling being.
edit on 15-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

So no, you had no sense of humor until you realized you looked a bit like a bitter leftie...

oh...

wait a minute... are you a bitter leftie? You are right? Just wearing your "I have a sense of humor, really guys" costume today?
edit on 17-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Hey GOP line tow'er with a chip on your shoulder. Welcome to ATS.

I have another one for you. People who call people liberal/conservative simply because they disagree with you.

Example:

So no, you had no sense of humor until you realized you looked a bit like a bitter leftie...

In response to your OP:

Some people here do legitimate research.

When people say rich people couldn't earn it honestly they are usually referring to the inexplicably super rich like Romney.

I don't mind my simple friends using straw men against Paul Ryan. It just saves them from getting the same very real point across with a more complex explanation (he is not good for the country).

Health/chemtrail conspiracies - welcome to a conspiracy site.

9/11 - again, not something I really buy, but conspiracy site. Also there are large government conspiracies. It's not unimaginable. You have to understand compartmentalization.

I could probably responde to more, but eh. DId you think you would cure ats here, or maybe just be considered a whiner? Also, I am far from a leftie.
edit on 17-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
If you have such major issues with the majority of the poster's.. Simply leave.. You are part of the reason I don't come to this site as much anymore..

Every single time i click the new topic fire hose, It's cluttered with all these damn rants.. How about this.. Stop wasting your time ranting.. ( not just you op) and start posting relevant content..

thats ironic because i find the content in the OP very relevant..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If you have such major issues with the majority of the poster's.. Simply leave.. You are part of the reason I don't come to this site as much anymore..

Every single time i click the new topic fire hose, It's cluttered with all these damn rants.. How about this.. Stop wasting your time ranting.. ( not just you op) and start posting relevant content..

Negative! This post was a shining light here today.
I tend to drift away after tiring of the 16 year olds with all the answers brushing history away with a wave of their non video game playing hand; spelling "Capitalism" with"K"( "Kapitalism doesn't work!")

One of the best I've read lately. We see examples of all of this everyday here.

Too Sorry, if it reduces your petty partisan squabbling to little more than: "Oh yeah... wool,er well Bush did it too!"
Rock on Mr. "gncnew"! I for one hear you: S+F!
edit on 17-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by gncnew

Hey GOP line tow'er with a chip on your shoulder. Welcome to ATS.

I have another one for you. People who call people liberal/conservative simply because they disagree with you.

Example:

In response to your OP:

Some people here do legitimate research.

When people say rich people couldn't earn it honestly they are usually referring to the inexplicably super rich like Romney.

I don't mind my simple friends using straw men against Paul Ryan. It just saves them from getting the same very real point across with a more complex explanation (he is not good for the country).

Health/chemtrail conspiracies - welcome to a conspiracy site.

9/11 - again, not something I really buy, but conspiracy site. Also there are large government conspiracies. It's not unimaginable. You have to understand compartmentalization.

I could probably responde to more, but eh. DId you think you would cure ats here, or maybe just be considered a whiner? Also, I am far from a leftie.
edit on 17-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Hmm, you seem to be rather defensive there... did the OP hit a nerve?

And no, I didn't call MyBestPenFriend a leftie because of ONE post, it was really a general conclusion from our long running - yet witty - debate that has gone on in this thread for ... well, 6 pages now.

And if you would have read my brilliant and hilarious responses through here, you'd see that my intent was only to point and laugh at people who use these logical fallacies as a bedrock to their attempts to argue.

Well, in fact, kind of like you tried to do in your "Circular" statement about Romney and Ryan. In both instances, you presented a "known fact" - which really was your opinion - in an effort to set that as the starting point. "Super Rich" being a measure you tried to set at Romney's wealth.. interesting you picked that as the "bar"... and Ryan is "Not good for the country"... well, that's a matter of opinion, yet you try to insinuate this is yet again, and established fact so you can avoid debate.

Logical fallacies are all around us.... they're everywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

but it's actually very spot on, hence your ardent responses because you struggle with seeing the image before you in the mirror.

It was spot on up until the point you deviated from the normal list of logical fallacies, everything after that was one big logical fallacy.

To disprove your new assertion that you were ONLY referring to the OP, here are some select quotes of yours from this thread:

I don't see the relevance. You obviously are an sarcastic ass in your posts throughout this thread. I didn't miss that at all. What makes you think I did?

You are the one that clearly missed my sarcasm, you thought I was "distancing" myself from "those people".

Your "logic" is completely lost on me.

Once more, you think you talk the talk, but you don't walk the walk.

Dunning-Kruger all the way baby.

Here we go, fain a "lack of understanding", or pretend to take positions you didn't... it's all good, you're still my BEST pen friend in the world.

Were you for the OP before you were against it?

And btw, I didn't attack the conspiracy, I attacked the lack of logic BEHIND the conspiracy. 9/11 is some very shady stuff. But the current crop of theories fail basic tenants of reality and logic. I'd look more in the direction of a Chinese funded operation that would force the US into massive borrowing patterns to support wars - giving China control over our economy and keeping the US from protecting its own markets.

But I sure wouldn't assume dagger and cloak CIA operatives, working for Rove, did it to get the Oil from Iraq.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Negative! This post was a shining light here today.
I tend to drift away after tiring of the 16 year olds with all the answers brushing history away with a wave of their non video game playing hand; spelling "Capitalism" with"K"( "Kapitalism doesn't work!")

One of the best I've read lately. We see examples of all of this everyday here.

Too Sorry, if it reduces your petty partisan squabbling to little more than: "Oh yeah... wool,er well Bush did it too!"
Rock on Mr. "gncnew"! I for one hear you: S+F!
edit on 17-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Well, your more than generous response has earned you THREE (3) Internets awarded by me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I don´t see how political orientation has anything to do with it.

And btw, I didn't attack the conspiracy, I attacked the lack of logic BEHIND the conspiracy. 9/11 is some very shady stuff. But the current crop of theories fail basic tenants of reality and logic. I'd look more in the direction of a Chinese funded operation that would force the US into massive borrowing patterns to support wars - giving China control over our economy and keeping the US from protecting its own markets. But I sure wouldn't assume dagger and cloak CIA operatives, working for Rove, did it to get the Oil from Iraq.

I see, the Chinese did it. And where is the proof that makes that view not a logical fallacy? What parts that you deem shady are pointing towards the Chinese?

edit on 17-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

Of course you don't. That's ok.

You are not going to explain why?

Here we go, fain a "lack of understanding", or pretend to take positions you didn't... it's all good, you're still my BEST pen friend in the world.

You mean "feign"?

I don't have to feign, you didn't make any sense. You still aren't.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

I don´t see how political orientation has anything to do with it.

Of course you don't. That's ok.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

and start posting relevant content..

Maybe he would if there wasn't a Rant section or a Jokes section...are you serious?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the title of this thread should be "dont bother commenting because you are wrong" or "stop being human and act like a computer"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
the title of this thread should be "dont bother commenting because you are wrong" or "stop being human and act like a computer"

I am still baffled by the people that come here and think this is about you disagreeing with me. I'm only pointing out logical FAIL on the part of so many posters, not just the ones that don't agree with me. There are plenty of people that don't agree with anything I say, but it's from a well thought out opinion, not an illogical knee jerk reaction to something that disputes their claims.

And - no, you do not need to be a robot, spambot maybe, but most definitely not a robot... unless of course you're proposing to be a GIRL robot? In that case... maybe.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

And yes, I am Heresy... I actually jump accounts to hide my disinformation Angent methods... Especially because Threads like this debunk so many theories in one fell swoop.

Gncnew, don't mess with him. He's confused enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
One thing that always bugs me with conspiracy theorist logic is the failure to grasp ther two main human motivations: indifference and incompetence. Malice comes a distant third in 'why bad thing happens'.

Everything bad that happens is not always deliberate. The odds are someone just screwed up and then tried to cover his ass.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

What's the matter? Not on a "roll" anymore?

Answer the questions.

Expand on your "the Chinese did it" theory.

Where is your overwhelming proof that makes it not a huge fallacy?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy
This is about the point I suggest you see a doctor for medication, as you are obviously suffering from some sort of paranoia. Or are you just a muppet who thinks this is an acceptable way to behave? Because I'm pretty sure that accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being one person with multiple accounts isn't good etiquette, even here.

Well we can make that at least three separate people who do not agree with him (MightyPenFriend) And yes I am referring to the third person being myself. Little old me! You are spot on in your assertations on MPF, I've been trailing this one and he's got some inner issues he ought to have checked out.

Tell me, MPF... How does somebody like you keep a woman happy, or let me guess- you aren't able to get or keep a woman in your life because you make up paranoid accusations when other people disagree with you and you go for the throat like a rabid hyena, OVER NOTHING. I pity the woman that gets tricked by the likes of you. Lord knows it won't last long, not like you can actually keep up the good guy act for longer than a couple months at best. Truly, fascinating.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sinza

I see I really struck a chord there.

In your case it was blatantly obvious. If you have been tracking me you should know that I am perfectly able to have a discussion without accusing people of having multiple accounts.

And maybe I am just a bit more perceptive than you.

Tell me, MPF... How does somebody like you keep a woman happy,

Aw, you are really butthurt aren't you. I tell you my secret....lot's of oral!

Is that your strategy? Try to mess with my "emotions"?

not like you can actually keep up the good guy act for longer than a couple months at best

Good guy? Lol. I'm more of a bad boy.

Wow, what a dumb and pathetic post you made. Obviously you are mad cause I exposed you. Remember, you made a profile months ago and suddenly it came to life, and your first posts were directed at me, calling me out after I accused two of your other profiles.

It's perfectly clear that that sleeper cell woke up, with the sole intention of attacking me. Perfectly, perfectly clear.

Cool to see I had that effect on you. And now you are tracking me? So basically your whole profile is dedicated to me? That's healthy.

Also too bad that the Op of this thread suddenly doesn't want to talk no more, now that he posted some stuff that I can only describe as the biggest logical fallacy ever.

Truly, fascinating.

Up to the point where it seems you are obsessed with me. But I must admit, I'm a fascinating guy.
edit on 18-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join