It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 "Shaking My Head" Fallacies of Posters On This Site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debwe

Originally posted by unknownusername
The key word in the posting above is PROPOSED. Proposed is different than validated.

Hey gncnew(cough I mean unknownusername)...proving my point even further aren't you? Haha, you're too much. Thank you again for the entertainment. Have a good one.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Debwe because: (no reason given)

Naw dude, seriously, not me... but not a bad idea. I will do that from now on "Debew" or should I say "MightyPenfriend"???

See how easy that B.S. inference is?

Again with the Ad Hominem Attacks... you can't argue logically so you just attack the person.. nice way to validate the list of 10 (I mean 11).

You take yourself - both of you's - entirely too seriously.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
FYI - I'm replying like crazy because I'm in that kind of mood... tomorrow I'll be back over to all the other sites I do disinfo for...

Actually, tomorrow I'll be board with this, so I'll leave for a bit, let you all bicker it out, and then like a mole in your yard, I'll just pop back up.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
OP - I hope you meet a nice woman and get the attention you so dearly seek.

Good luck sir!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

The key word in the posting above is PROPOSED. Proposed is different than validated.

Hey gncnew(cough I mean unknownusername)...proving my point even further aren't you? Haha, you're too much. Thank you again for the entertainment. Have a good one.

Naw dude, seriously, not me... but not a bad idea. I will do that from now on "Debew" or should I say "MightyPenfriend"???

Again with the Ad Hominem Attacks... you can't argue logically so you just attack the person.. nice way to validate the list of 10 (I mean 11).

That's all well and good except for the fact that you're posting from the same network. You just aren't clever and clearly not technical so stop lying to yourself and find something you are good at so you can fly.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
OP, pushing that list of right wing talking points in such a manner is way too transparent.

What happened with stealth? Do you really think most ats members are that naive?

Retreat, regroup and, please, don't try again.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I count eleven.

Does anyone else count eleven?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
OP - I hope you meet a nice woman and get the attention you so dearly seek.

Good luck sir!

You know how wonderfully your avatar goes with this post of yours? Seriously it's almost like you intended it.

And I'm most definately an attention whore - but I've already got a nice lady... maybe that's the problem? She doesn't pay enough attention to me so I need to come on here and court you fine folk.

Either way, I'm usually right about ... um, everything - so that obviously means you're wrong if you disagree with me. Feel free to come back at any time and ask me if you're correct or not.

Lastly - I find that the people who are offended by this kind of thread (and my responses) usually were called out by it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

That's all well and good except for the fact that you're posting from the same network. You just aren't clever and clearly not technical so stop lying to yourself and find something you are good at so you can fly.

No, seriously, we're not the same... how can you tell what network they're posting from? I know when I posted the quoted one I was on my cell phone, a Verizon network... maybe that's it.

Because we're the ONLY two who use Verizon Wireless in the world!!!! You've figured us out Sherlock!

Not technical? Hmm, that's really a point of discussion. But either way - I'm guessing you thought you were all tricky there and now probably feel kinda silly.
edit on 16-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
OP, pushing that list of right wing talking points in such a manner is way too transparent.

What happened with stealth? Do you really think most ats members are that naive?

Retreat, regroup and, please, don't try again.

What's a talking point in there? Seriously?

And I stated at the top that it would be biased... there was no subterfuge going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by gncnew

I count eleven.

Does anyone else count eleven?

Late to the party as usual. Yes, someone eventually found my little sneaky trick of getting in 11 fallacies where I very clearly stated there would only be 10.

But, since you're only the 2nd person, you don't get the chocolate factory, but you do get a high-five!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I like how this thread has turned to defaming OP, ironically is a supposing tactic by whatever evil agency you're trying to promote as evil.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

That's ironic indeed. So you feel that these people that are attacking the op are actually disinfo agents trying to discredit his thread?

So disinfo agents are actually trying to trick people into not buying the OP? The OP that is saying that 911 wasn't an inside job, that coorporations are not controlling things, and that chemtrails and such don't exist?

Very sound logic.

Is there any particular government agency that would see the benefit in this?

I would love to hear.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If you would get rid of all this.. there wouldn't be much activity on ATS. It is easier to change yourself than everyone else soo leave or get over it.

edit on 16-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
More Detailed.

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

edit on 16-8-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You could have made your list shorter and more precise if you just said: I don't like it when people disagree with my views.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyPenfriend

The Angolan government.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

Lol, now that IS funny.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I usually don’t like it when people rant. I thoroughly enjoyed this though, right on point and funny too. S + F from me. I know people are getting upset. I don’t come here for the rants either. They are off putting, but so is a lot of the crap people post on here anyway. It does suck when the forums are inundated with crap posts. I come back because every now and then something good and interesting is posted.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Nice list. I'd like to add (not fallacies but annoying habits of some loonier posters):

Anything that disagrees with me is a lie from TPTB, and you are an idiot to believe it. Therefore I am always right

You're disagreeing with me and appear to have a genuine understanding of the subject, therefore you are a paid shill posting here and are part of the conspiracy.

I'll ignore anything you post that needs me to spend more than two minutes reading, but will expect you to sit through the two hour long youtube video, and will say you have a closed mind if you don't, but say that I don't need to look at your evidence as it's all fake anyway.

If you successfully debunk any hoax, I'll just refuse to acknowledge that I was wrong and will switch subjects.

I won't check any 'factoid' I post and will get angry when you do it for me and expose when I'm wrong.

Switch and baiting with arguments: (Example: when insisting the MMR causes all cases of autism, and are presented with older people who have autism but no MMR, I will switch to saying all vaccines cause autism).

Believing all scientists are part of the conspiracy.

Most insulting is the last. The others are just bad manners, but the last is dangerous. Most scientists are a moral bunch who are just as concerned with forwarding research as their with own reputations. You couldn't get them to agree on the best way to measure a piece of string, let alone tow the line in a mass conspiracy. Apparently a lot of ATS members believe a phd makes you evil by definition. Which is the most Orwellian craziness yet. Ignorance good, education bad. Tragic.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
I like how this thread has turned to defaming OP, ironically is a supposing tactic by whatever evil agency you're trying to promote as evil.

I finished the OP with the statement that if this post sat wrong with you - you were probably the one doing most of these...

Odd how that's worked out rather well eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join