My Top 10 "Shaking My Head" Fallacies of Posters On This Site

page: 3
22
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


Interesting list and honestly...great examples...

I also noticed how almost every politician (repubs and conservs included) and MSM agency is guilty of all 11 of those every second their mouth is open...

Fact is, its extremely hard to be convincing to the populace and not use some of those listed "tactics"....people are so conditioned to being swayed by those tactics (because we live in a propaganda sustained society) for so many years now that if you don't use them...people just don't "get" what your trying to say...

I see these tactics being used and get annoyed as well...unfortunately I know that I also "unknowingly" probably use some of these tactics as well...they are that ingrained into our debate culture its almost involuntary...

good post though...

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: because 11 is more than 10 LOL




posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
[].[]

wow nearly fell for your cia mindtrick
luckily i pulled out in time
anyone reading this may be offended DONT BE or the mintrick worksd



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by gncnew
 


My top pet peeve is someone who says they have 10 (as in TEN, or one higher than nine) petty complaints and then lists ELEVEN.




FINALLY!!!! I wondered how long it would go... Well, you've discovered my little "joke"...

You get the chocolate factory.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


Great, it started out somewhat reasonable but it ended in a propaganda piece, lol.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by gncnew
 


what a clever way to spread dis info, hiding anti conspiracy propaganda descised as rant, you must be one of the more experienced ones


Disinformation Angent? Hell, I'm Batman!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


Gotta smuggle it in, now that the 911 forum is closed.

Right?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Advantage
I generally have a nice time on here. UNTIL some jerk is a jerk to me when Im attempting to be nice even though they are a jerk and then I get a jerky mod response.Ive resolved not to be nice anymore.. and when called on it I will forward the private message I received.


It is funny how some can say whatever they want, but some can say nothing horrible at all and be threatened with a post ban. Must be a conspiracy.


Fallacies.. fallacies.. there are a LOT of fallacies.


You're avatar is hot. You can be a jerk to me, and I like jerky - tough to chew but it sure is yummy!

Can I send a private message to your avatar or will it be forwarded because I'm being a jerk?

You're not very nice btw.


LOL!! I wasnt the jerk, I was the "behavior not becoming an illustrious ATS member" person... the other guy was the jerk. Im soft and squishy.

Youre not nice either. Im gonna Foe you.. dont tempt me. Then there will be that whole stalking thing and the restraining orders.. court appearances.. itchy electronic ankle monitors that dont match ANYTHING in my closet...


I feel like saying something whitty and coy now... How about "the game is afoot!"

Nothing says I



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest because now you just sound like a hypocrite


ZING


Oh neat! Like a comic book! Ok,

At least I had something to get OFF my chest!!

BAM!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by gncnew
 


Use a better example than "Obama is a Marxist", because he is indeed a Marxist, and there is almost 4 years of economic, redistributive proof to back it up.


You missed the point. One ill-truth about him does not discredit all things he says.

Example: Obama the dirty Marxist days "GNCNEW is the sexiest poster on ATS."

You can't ignore that simply because he wears Karl underwear.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by gncnew
 


Interesting list and honestly...great examples...

I also noticed how almost every politician (repubs and conservs included) and MSM agency is guilty of all 11 of those every second their mouth is open...

Fact is, its extremely hard to be convincing to the populace and not use some of those listed "tactics"....people are so conditioned to being swayed by those tactics (because we live in a propaganda sustained society) for so many years now that if you don't use them...people just don't "get" what your trying to say...

I see these tactics being used and get annoyed as well...unfortunately I know that I also "unknowingly" probably use some of these tactics as well...they are that ingrained into our debate culture its almost involuntary...

good post though...

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: because 11 is more than 10 LOL


Sigh... What a boring "well reasoned" post. Especially because you utterly agreed with me... I'll go yawn some more now.

P.s.
Thanks, appreciate it, and I get what your saying about our society... Very true - maybe we are all just well trained?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


Excellent and well thought out rant

I thought you gave us a bonus rant with number 11


I truly love the TPTB arguments because WE THE PEOPLE are truly the TPTB. We can exercise our right to vote and vote out of office any politician who does not listen to his constituents but too many people don't pay any attention to what is going on in Washington.

In November you will have the chance to be TPTB and exercise your right to vote....So go exercise your power !!!!!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
[].[]

wow nearly fell for your cia mindtrick
luckily i pulled out in time
anyone reading this may be offended DONT BE or the mintrick worksd


But I did trick you into misspelling mind trick...

And I'm not CIA, I'm TPTB... Duh!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit
 





In November you will have the chance to be TPTB and exercise your right to vote....So go exercise your power !!!!!


I can't believe that people who say this actually believe their own bull.

Voting, lol. It's all the same thing in a dffferent package.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
reply to post by gncnew
 


Great, it started out somewhat reasonable but it ended in a propaganda piece, lol.





Well color me confused. Your ambiguous statement leaves much to imagination.

Or was that the point? To make an unsubstantiated and undefinable claim that shows you dot like my shoes?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
reply to post by gncnew
 


Gotta smuggle it in, now that the 911 forum is closed.

Right?


Smuggle?? Shhhhh... Someone will catch on that we smuggled the C4 into those towers and the guns to the drug lords....

And to my previous post: I now reply:
"I see" said the blind man.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by TechVampyre
If you have such major issues with the majority of the poster's.. Simply leave.. You are part of the reason I don't come to this site as much anymore..

Every single time i click the new topic fire hose, It's cluttered with all these damn rants.. How about this.. Stop wasting your time ranting.. ( not just you op) and start posting relevant content..


I dont only post rants, just the occasional one here and there...

So you're saying I should stop coming here because one of my 100's of brilliant posts wasn't to your liking? Hmm, seems a bit unfair to me!

Hundreds of brilliant posts hmmmm,Be aware of yourself so you know you exist



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
reply to post by gncnew
 


Gotta smuggle it in, now that the 911 forum is closed.

Right?


And your right, this whole thing was an effort to bring BACk up a subject long dead just to FURTHER discredit
It... Damn, I've been discovered.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyPenfriend
 





I can't believe that people who say this actually believe their own bull. Voting, lol. It's all the same thing in a dffferent package.


It's just that type of apathy that has led this country to this point



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


You seem to be quite the dandy. It's not really working for ya brother. You are trying too hard to sound smart. It is clear to see that you are a full body hair growing big feeted cave dwelling being.
edit on 15-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edged1

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by TechVampyre
If you have such major issues with the majority of the poster's.. Simply leave.. You are part of the reason I don't come to this site as much anymore..

Every single time i click the new topic fire hose, It's cluttered with all these damn rants.. How about this.. Stop wasting your time ranting.. ( not just you op) and start posting relevant content..


I dont only post rants, just the occasional one here and there...

So you're saying I should stop coming here because one of my 100's of brilliant posts wasn't to your liking? Hmm, seems a bit unfair to me!

Hundreds of brilliant posts hmmmm,Be aware of yourself so you know you exist


I'm not sure if it's hundreds or tens... Inget those darn zeros interposed all the time.

And my ego is a direct (and proportionally accurate) reflection of my....

Wait for it

Cock-e-ness.

Hahaha!

Oh, I've got a cramp from laughing.





 
22
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join