It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 "Shaking My Head" Fallacies of Posters On This Site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I know its a rant but I love how you tie in several conspiracies that seemingly go against your believe.

Do tell?

You've intrigued me now with your statement, show the way oh great "Sucka"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by gncnew

Sorry for what I'm sure will appear to biased against our liberal brothers and sisters, I promise it's not from a bad place.

How does this relate, at all, to someone being a "liberal" ?

Anyhoo... I do agree with some of your sentiments... but my friend, it actually sounds like you just don't want to here other peoples opinions. Which begs the question:

Why bother joining and using a site solely driving by user submitted opinion pieces?
edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Because, in my experience, liberals tend to react violently negative to anything that nears "criticism" and I used some examples from things they've posted.. .hence the disclaimer.

And - you may be correct. I do find that I'm usually the only person around me with the right answer... and hearing other people's blathering that doesn't agree with mine tends to irritate me.

But I think I come back to evangelize the truth to them so that they may be enlightened by my astounding grasp of the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by gncnew

TPTB are exactly TPTB, greedy evil people on important positions.
Eventually you will open your eyes, it's just a matter of time... Until then, avelanche is triggered, don't try to stop it or you'll end on the margins of history.

Do they have parents? Kids? Or are they just enigmatic entities that exist in a bubble? Do they eat and drink? Or just live off of "evil juice" and other people's cries of sorrow?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
The problem with user content board sites is always logical fallacies.

"I believe in aliens and anyone who doesn't is either an ill-informed sheeple or part of the shadow government!"

It's how it goes.

Separate the wheat from the chaff and pick your battles.

I find it much more pleasurable to point and laugh.. but - to each their own.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
You missed out looped citation, citation that cites somebody else that cites somebody else that cites......and so on.
What about the age old, link to the pseudo news site that has the same beliefs as you. Ie linking an article that speculates about 9/11 being and inside job, and use it as evidence for your belief.
Also, overuse of the word academic or expert especially when their expertise is in philosophy and they're trying to explain physics.
Finally the classic, I don't understand it so you're wrong. Similar to one of your points but (burden of proof). Just because you don't understand the point, how will citing something that says the same thing make it more true?

The last example almost made the list, it's called "Personal Incredulity". It's the idea that if you dont understand something, you make it out to untrue. Usually stupid dummy heads use this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

TPTB are exactly TPTB, greedy evil people on important positions.
Eventually you will open your eyes, it's just a matter of time... Until then, avelanche is triggered, don't try to stop it or you'll end on the margins of history.

I wonder if they have nightmares sometimes... and then I think... whoa, if TPTB are what give people nightmares, I wonder what gives THEM nightmares...

Being that they're pure evil - and greedy - does that make greed evil, or evil greedy? What if someone was greedy but they liked to do nice things? Would they be only greedy and not evil?

What if someone was evil, but wasn't greedy? Certainly couldnt qualify for "TPTB" status then... HA! TPTB would just laugh at them and say "You're not greedy! You can't be one of us no matter how evil you are!"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Nature of the beast...
Don't let it wind you up, it's not like anyone will change.

One day you'll open your eyes and see that all people can change, if we just put our mental energies into it and let the extra-dimensional beings guide us into the ways of the ancients before there was war...

Wait...

That's a bunch of garbage I just thought about when I was high as a kite one time.. never mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Suspiria

I agree with what he says, it doesn't bother me or wind me up. This doesn't mean I can't dislike it.

That's the spirit! There is no reason NOT to get all wound up.... like a wind-up toy. You know, you twist the little lever over and over, and then when you let it go... it starts doing it's thing over and over... until it runs out of magic "wind-up" juice...

then you have to wind it up again.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Xertious

No, quite the opposite, you're brainwashed, taking for granted what TPTB serves you blindly following their agenda.
With that said, in that context, you should open your eyes too

Now you made me get all serious again - the Joker would be pissed at you.

You're making a non-disprovable argument - it's a circular statement because in the premise that your eyes are open, and you see things others do not, you can always claim enlightenment when your views are disputed rather than having to logically defend them.

So essentially - you're full of doodoo and you can't defend it logically.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Maybe you're the one brainwashed into thinking they're all powerful, so you remain fearful.
So, you want me to believe what you tell me, and not what they tell me? I think I'd rather believe what I want to believe rather than you wanting me to believe what you want me to believe that they want you to believe.

Why would the powers at be let me go to this site when jedi masters such as yourself help me open my eyes.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Xertious because: missed a word

Maybe he's a TPTB and actually wants you to believe what he believes which is what they want you to believe, believing that if you believe it they believe that they can do what ever they believe is going to achieve their goals, which many believe to be evil... and greedy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Xertious

Sheeple, they are powerful because you give them support, you enjoy to be abused, you need someone to think instead of you cause clearly you aren't capable to think on your own.
I don't care, it's not my fault for your dumbness, just trying to point out that they does not wish you good.
In the end, I'm not superior, I'm not 'jedi master', just know that something is wrong with the system we living in.

What's wrong with it? You have the all-seeing eye. And calling you a jedi is just silly, we all know Jedi can get killed by TPTB (Duh - Darth Vader anyone?).

I think TPTB are really trying to do good for us all, but people like you wont support them and instead cause the world have lots of "dumbness". If only everyone would open their eyes and see TPTB are just trying to telepathically help us see the chemtrails!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by gncnew

Well said! I agree with your rant and it is irritating - but it's all part of this site and freedom of speech in general. I wouldn't want my opinion silenced just because some people disagree with me - so I would also have to fight for the rights of free speech to those who disagree with me and those who post the types things in your rant. It might actually be boring if we all agreed and in fact it is due to people debating against a lot of my beliefs that have forced me to rethink a great many things. But then again they presented facts or well thought out opinions so I guess it's not the same.

Oh, and I did not mean to imply that you were calling for having the things you ranted about silenced - I don't believe that was your point at all. Sometimes you just have to rant to get it off of your chest and there's nothing wrong with that.

I use Veet to get hair off my back, and ATS to get it off my chest... but I digress.

I really dont want the end to all free speech. I think we should have to pay for it. The biggest problem today is that speech is free, and we all know that when you get something for free, you tend not to take care of it very well.

So - count this thread as a mission statement:

NO MORE FREE SPEECH - $0.25 a word
** But it can go on special for $2.50 a sentence if we want?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

No, because the powers at be made me make those posts.
If I was brainwashing people, I'd let them think they weren't brainwashed and give them some false sense of superiority just so they're lulled into a false sense of security whilst all the time making you buy hot pockets.. Muhahahhahahaha

You're evil...

And greedy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by gncnew

Is your top ten list related to Spinal Tap?

The procedure or the music? The procedure, not sure, never had it done, hear it's fun though.

The music - not a fan, a bit like mindless guitar riffs mowing through what could almost be called "music"....
I know I just offended you - sorry... kind of.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I generally have a nice time on here. UNTIL some jerk is a jerk to me when Im attempting to be nice even though they are a jerk and then I get a jerky mod response.Ive resolved not to be nice anymore.. and when called on it I will forward the private message I received.

It is funny how some can say whatever they want, but some can say nothing horrible at all and be threatened with a post ban. Must be a conspiracy.

Fallacies.. fallacies.. there are a LOT of fallacies.

You're avatar is hot. You can be a jerk to me, and I like jerky - tough to chew but it sure is yummy!

Can I send a private message to your avatar or will it be forwarded because I'm being a jerk?

You're not very nice btw.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

what a clever way to spread dis info, hiding anti conspiracy propaganda descised as rant, you must be one of the more experienced ones

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

My top pet peeve is someone who says they have 10 (as in TEN, or one higher than nine) petty complaints and then lists ELEVEN.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Advantage
I generally have a nice time on here. UNTIL some jerk is a jerk to me when Im attempting to be nice even though they are a jerk and then I get a jerky mod response.Ive resolved not to be nice anymore.. and when called on it I will forward the private message I received.

It is funny how some can say whatever they want, but some can say nothing horrible at all and be threatened with a post ban. Must be a conspiracy.

Fallacies.. fallacies.. there are a LOT of fallacies.

You're avatar is hot. You can be a jerk to me, and I like jerky - tough to chew but it sure is yummy!

Can I send a private message to your avatar or will it be forwarded because I'm being a jerk?

You're not very nice btw.

LOL!! I wasnt the jerk, I was the "behavior not becoming an illustrious ATS member" person... the other guy was the jerk. Im soft and squishy.

Youre not nice either. Im gonna Foe you.. dont tempt me. Then there will be that whole stalking thing and the restraining orders.. court appearances.. itchy electronic ankle monitors that dont match ANYTHING in my closet...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest because now you just sound like a hypocrite

ZING

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Use a better example than "Obama is a Marxist", because he is indeed a Marxist, and there is almost 4 years of economic, redistributive proof to back it up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join