It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six teens charged in vicious attack. Claimed they were bored.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
Sounds like they were engaged in the knock-out game which is very popular amongst certain groups of "kids".
edit on 15-8-2012 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)
Please enlighten us on this particular game and help us shed some light

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by irontoad30
Boredom's got about as much to do with it as 'death metal or video games made me kill that person'. IMO.

IMO Big freaking cultural vaccum in the US. Everything else can go south but definitely diminishing family/social/cultural values.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Yeah the whole "blame the parents" argument is old and makes no sense-within reason. Does magic happen when a kid turns 18? As long as the parents do not support that kind of behavior and help them out they should not be accountable for the actions of their kids.

I disagree, I think the lack of parental guidance is the HUGE issue here. That lack can be that there is only one parent, very young parent(s), people who should never be parents, parents whose greatest goal in life is to get at least one more subsidy, reached the high education level of 8th grade...3 times... etc. All of these and more add up to a very good chance to have a very negative impact, and will most likely drive their children down some very wrong paths.

With that said it is hard to blame parents on an individual level since it is society that most likely created their parents to be the way they are, and society as a whole is also a big part in all this. Also, even a kid with the worst upbringing can lead a very productive life, and so one's own actions are one's own responsibility in the end.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I bet you if he shot them he would be in jail.
What a damn shame that the low life scum "teens" will be back on the street in no time.
I hope this man get a gun to protect him self.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by Drezden
If they were white boys attacking a black man out of boredom the headlines would read "hate crime" before the details even came out.. news reporters would be quick to say it's a possible hate crime etc...

Because it probably would be a hate crime genius....

Your logic is so flawed, it's embarrassing for you to sarcastically call me genius. If your white go and walk around the ghetto, see how quickly you are robbed or beaten up for being white.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
So what..? White people's rape/molestation statistics skyrocket any crimes by any other race put together but i still hang around white people..... You guys make everrrrrything about race on here, **** statistics.

You obviously don't understand how statistics work. The number of crimes committed by a race is not the same as the rate, or percentage of people commit crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join