It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six teens charged in vicious attack. Claimed they were bored.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I thought I'd try to find some numbers on the question of inter-racial violence. I found one old report (2005) which is interesting. I don't know if things have changed since then. I have not read the entire report, the following are some of their findings, summarized.

•Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
•When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
•Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.

Interracial Crime
•Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
•Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
•Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
•Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

www.amren.com...

Also old, but also interesting is this pdfon colour/crime worldwide. The last page on evolution is quite revealing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I grew up in a predominately black area which was about 85% black so I believe "I have had a few conversations"
with black people. You on the other hand generalize people and talk about something you know nothing about it seems.

As far as whites committing more crime on blacks..... back that up with statistics or proof. I would LOVE to see those figures.

Like I said in my earlier post. Either black on white crime is escalating dramatically or the media wants you to think so. Either way it is not good.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Im not one of these stat goons that needs to back up every statement i make, cause i really dont care im just bored. But i state faaaacts. Your the ones complaining about the media not mentioning they where black, "if they where white, it'd be mentioned and be considered racism" That's a lame ass thing to say, like your the victims of society. Thats how the kkk think....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by mwood

Im not one of these stat goons that needs to back up every statement i make, cause i really dont care im just bored. But i state faaaacts. Your the ones complaining about the media not mentioning they where black, "if they where white, it'd be mentioned and be considered racism" That's a lame ass thing to say, like your the victims of society. Thats how the kkk think....

Now you're making excuses because you can't back up the faaaaaaaacts. Numbers don't lie, especially when they're spread out not only amongst countries but Continents. Sometimes the truth hurts, Bro. Get off you're racially motivated horse and make a difference. I've seen your posts in other threads, Grow up, MAN up, BRO.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No it wouldn't. In order for something to be a hate crime it has to be motivated by solely race alone.

To be honest I think we use "hate crime" way too much. For me the motivations for the actions should take a back seat to the actions themselves. We are lazy to use the term "hate crime" since there are many motivators involved than to just some generic term. If a group of black, white, hispanic etc teens are roaming the streets looking for some action I find "hate" as a copout to the real issues why they are roaming the streets.

This doesn't mean that there isn't any true "hate crimes" but I think this would be a much narrow band than what it seems we use it for, and I see it more a flavor of the week type of statement today. Also the color of the person means little to me where social, family and economic issues would be much better way to categorize crime motivation.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Media will mention whatever sells the story. Take Zimmerman as a great example where they right away said a white guy killed a black kid. Zimmerman is as white as Obama is since they both have about the same amount of white in them...hehe but Obama is our first black president and Zimmerman is a white guy that shot a black kid.

AND we are stupid to argue the point either way....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by mwood

Now you're making excuses because you can't back up the faaaaaaaacts. Numbers don't lie, especially when they're spread out not only amongst countries but Continents. Sometimes the truth hurts, Bro. Get off you're racially motivated horse and make a difference. I've seen your posts in other threads, Grow up, MAN up, BRO.

Your the one makin every story about race, not I... If your horse isn't racially motivated than drop the whole race bs. If the guy they beat up was black it would just be "black on black crime' and the story would not be here on ATS. Fact.

link   

The first five arrestees were: twin brothers Tyree and Terrell Mizzell, Lamont Champion and Daquan Cain, all 13-year-olds; and Michael E. James, 14.

Im waiting for this to turn into the next major "race" issue

edit to add:
oops it appears it is already happened
edit on 16-8-2012 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

link   
double post sorry
edit on 16-8-2012 by Superhans because: dp

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Child abuse or not, if it was my kid, I'd kick his ass off the planet...and then when I got outta jail i'd do it again because Im stupid like that.

Kids today are frineds with their parents.....they are not taught their place in the great order of life.

If caning was legal in this country, perhaps we'd have less stupidity.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

If the guy they beat up was black it would just be "black on black crime' and the story would not be here on ATS. Fact.

But to be fair that is not really "breaking news" to anyone is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Mother of the Mizzell twins, Latasha Alford, 32, said that while not excusing her sons’ actions, they did feel peer pressure to go along with the other boys.

Her twins are 13 so she would have been 18-19 or so when she had them. Another reason why people should not even think about having kids until they are at least 25. There is no way she was prepared to raise and parent twins at that age. She blames her kids actions on peer pressure. Why didn't she teach them self respect and love for other humans.

You can not let your kids roam the streets on their own at any age and not expect them to get into some kind of trouble. Now I know this is not always the case, but it is your responsibility to raise them, so why take the chance?

These boys could have been out mowing lawns for the elderly or disabled, visiting elders in a nursing home, playing basketball, baseball or some other sport. Not to mention all of the different clubs available for teens. Most of which normally have some type of assistance if you are unable to afford to send your kids. There really is no reason for a teenage kid to be out running the streets with a bunch of other kids. It is an open invitation to trouble.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

If the guy they beat up was black it would just be "black on black crime' and the story would not be here on ATS. Fact.

No it's not, but it is brought up to show the racial inequality. I said it, it's taboo, I know, but it needs to be heard. and before this thread gets 404'd, hit up some of our South African members for their opinion.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Media will mention whatever sells the story. Take Zimmerman as a great example where they right away said a white guy killed a black kid. Zimmerman is as white as Obama is since they both have about the same amount of white in them...hehe but Obama is our first black president and Zimmerman is a white guy that shot a black kid.

AND we are stupid to argue the point either way....

I get what your saying about media and race, and i like it. It brings out the real bigots in people. And the zimmerman thing was blown outta proportion. People blame the media for not mentioning blacks in a negative way, good, anyone who says its not fair, needs to take off their white hood and do some history.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by mwood

Your the one makin every story about race, not I... If your horse isn't racially motivated than drop the whole race bs. If the guy they beat up was black it would just be "black on black crime' and the story would not be here on ATS. Fact.

You are clueless and Naive.

second line

Y dont you go back and read what you posted, and tell me who's clueless. Dont get all butthurt cause you cant win this disagreement.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Naturally, My post was edited. How convienent.

On topic, these "youths" need supervision and extensive counseling, and I can say the same for the parents of said children, it wouldn't hurt. If it would, please correct me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Truth hurts and stats don't lie bro.

On topic, The judicial system needs to implement some type of system for these kids. Kind of like a half way house for repeat juvenile offenders, also the parents, they need to be held accountable for repeat offender children. I think that would help the unemployment rate significantly. In my region, it would create alot of jobs for people that deserve it, that's including the BS AA quota that has to be met, which in turn neglects people that are "right" for the job over less qualified individuals.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

No it's not, but it is brought up to show the racial inequality.

Im not seeing the racial inequality here, the kids attacked a man and are getting sent to jail. If white kids did that to a black guy the result would be the same. How is this racial inequality?

I said it, it's taboo, I know, but it needs to be heard.

Anyone attacking anyone is "taboo", i believe there are laws against it.

hit up some of our South African members for their opinion.

Why?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

On topic, The judicial system needs to implement some type of system for these kids. Kind of like a half way house for repeat juvenile offenders, also the parents, they need to be held accountable for repeat offender children.

I have to disagree. Just like the son is not guilty for the sins of the father, I don't see why the father should be guilty for the sins of the son. Let every human own up to his own actions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join