It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six teens charged in vicious attack. Claimed they were bored.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yet another example of lack or negligence in parenting. Ideal mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste and use. All that energy that could be used for good purposes is being wasted on a daily basis. This is a sure sign of eroding fabrics of values and morals from our society.

Six teenagers are under arrest after police say they viciously attacked and robbed a man as he walked home from the store simply because they were bored.

LINK
edit on 8/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Added EX Tags -- Please use EX tags, NOT QUOTE for external content.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If I had kids, and found out they did this...the court system would be the last thing they ever worried about.

I know there are kids out there doing great things, but kids like this put a huge blemish on the up and coming generation.

Kids from the original story are lowlifes. Judge needs to bring the hammer down on them and make a real prime example out of them.

I like that he called the emergency unit the "life squad", that's great.
edit on 15-8-2012 by MmmPie because: addition of information

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
that's just absolutely ridiculous!! " oh we were bored, so beating up someone sounded fun" wtf! Really?! that bored?! That makes me super sad for the guy and super mad at those kids! When me and my friends were bored we would play a game! I just wonder what their home life is like. And how is it fun to hurt someone?? I don't get it!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

When I was a kid and thought of doing something stupid, the thought of my Mom beating the hell out of me generally brought me back to logical thinking.
Apparently these children have never suffered a comparable beating.
Maybe the judge could put that in these kids sentence, just so in future days they'd think about that.
I thank my Mom for being the heavy when she had to, it probably kept me from getting kiled or even worse, put in prison.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What can you say that hasn't already been said.

I worry about the future but I worry even more about what we have created.

What is wrong in your head that would make you want to beat a defenseless person........because you're bored?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is horrible! I feel so much sympathy for the man.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

that's why i'm losing hope in my generation, i'm a 90s kid and i really worry about the life philosophy of people my age, doing everything so recklessly, not caring for their lives or the lives of others. Really shows how twisted society has become

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My mother always told me that each generation is worse than the one before. Damn was she right. From a tender young age I instilled morals and ethics into my children in hopes they don't turn out like these hooligans. SMH. They need guidance in their lives, that's for sure, along with a strict and brutal punishment because if they're going to commit acts like this at a young age, wait until they get older and their testosterone levels soar. It will be harder for them to control themselves. That is a scary thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I bet one of the little bastards was recording it to post on YouTube or some other website.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by hp1229

When I was a kid and thought of doing something stupid, the thought of my Mom beating the hell out of me generally brought me back to logical thinking.
Apparently these children have never suffered a comparable beating.
Maybe the judge could put that in these kids sentence, just so in future days they'd think about that.
I thank my Mom for being the heavy when she had to, it probably kept me from getting kiled or even worse, put in prison.
Now it would be termed as 'child abuse' unfortunately. I do agree with you as I was brought up the same way by both parents and not just my mom.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscoutI worry about the future but I worry even more about what we have created.
Likewise here as well. It scares the crap outta me that even despite keeping my kids in check, the other elements out there are at large which might alter their intended path to happiness. I agree we weaved our own complex web of life that is to be blamed to a bigger extent.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wtf do the parents have to do with this

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayvewtf do the parents have to do with this
Are you a parent? Parenting has everything to do with the outcome when it comes to social skills.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I bet one of the little bastards was recording it to post on YouTube or some other website.
Perhaps. Sad part is that MSM will not jump on this one even though all the teens were black.

“It was a heinous crime but it was not a hate crime,” said North College Hill Police Chief Gary Foust of the teens, who are all black.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Shame the guy didn't have the opportunity to do what George Zimmerman did.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by dayvewtf do the parents have to do with this
Are you a parent? Parenting has everything to do with the outcome when it comes to social skills.

Yea maybe if your from a town with population ZERO ... Kids roam the streets n learn most of their social skills n behavior from that. All a parent can do is make kids aware of things, its up to the kid to decide to take that route or not. And who knows, this guy could have said something to one of the kids prior to the incident, probably had it commin...
edit on 15-8-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This all stems from the fact that parents have lost so much power in the recent generation. If i did something that was deemed wrong i would have had very harsh words spoken to me and if i thought they were full of crap i'd have probably been slapped and bent over and given a beating. Because of that i never ever did such a stupid thing. This did not rui my life and actually made me a very good person. I respect and love my parents for being parents, not friends.

These days if you hit a kid (on the bum for example) you're a bad parent. If you speak to your kid a certain way, look out, you might not even have your kids if enough people see you talk that way.

When i was a kid the world was my playground, so i'd get grounded and forced to stay in my room without the TV, sometimes not get dinner that night, so i had to use my imagination or be REAL sorry and explain what i did and why it was wrong. And if i didn't mean it, oh boy, they knew!

These days you cannot even ground your kids. Try taking away their iphones, laptop,s televisions, social media and all the rest and they'll just find a way to go online and tell everyone what a bad parent you are (And kids these days make up so much crap, they'll make you look 100 times worse and lie and say they did nothing). and than it goes around that so and so is a bad parent.

The younger generation really are soulless children. NOT ALL, but so many. No will power, no respect no remorse, no care of consequences.

But it all starts with parents lossing power over how they raise their kids. yet, Media, Social Media and big corporations tell our kids every day how they think they should live and most people don't give a damn.

It's very, very disgusting, and i just wonder what is going to happen when tthese kids have kids and what will happen. I expect the "Me, me ,me - attention seeking generation" will probably have kids and expect the kids to look after themselves from day one, or expect their parents to do the jo b while they complain to their friends online how life is cruel

Generalising, but you can't tell me a lot of peope don't feell this way, even from their own generation.

Heck, for the first time in a very long time, maybe the first time we're actually witnissing a generation gap within their very own generation.

i mean i hate some people my own age, but i could/can relate to them. I can imagine a lot of young people looking at others there own age and thinking, what the hell are you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Very well put. I agree %100 with everything you said.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
This all stems from the fact that parents have lost so much power in the recent generation.

Sounds good but not true. Youth violence was higher in the past.

Homicide. The average teenage homicides today is older than at any time in at least five decades as the odds of younger teens committing murder have dropped sharply. The peak in young-teen murderer proportions occurred in 1961, when 9.4% of all teen homicide arrestees were under age 15, and 10-14 year-olds were 0.167 as likely to be arrested for murder as all teens (FBI, 2009).

Are Teenage Criminals Getting Younger and Younger?
edit on 15-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The violence wasn't the real issue i was getting at.

It's this souless, lack of any chacter kind of thing.

When i was with my ex we had 3 teens around the house, they had the world and all they did was mope around the house (like all teens, yes), but they hardly ever smiled, laughed, had FUN. Everything was doom and gloom. Even when they watched what the liked, they could never express themselves.

Fact is, as a child you smile laugh many timesm ore than an adult. You enjoy life. Whats going to happen to these kids when they are adults and they neglected the [point of childhood/teenager years and took everything so serious.

One of the teens friends kicked my dog once and laughed like no true laugh sounds like....They didn't see me but when they did it, They knew i was their when i took action.

THIS isn't something that was common place a generation ago. I laughed my arse off and had a blast. Sure we all knew someone that was the depressed durp, and they were the stand out as the probably serial killer in the future.

This might seem random, but it all comes from an issue. I've never need so many people just do things like this because they're bored crap as often as i have before.

There was an attack tonight (was on the TV) about teens setting a homeless on fire person because they thought it was cool and there was nothing else to do (the bored line)! When i was bored I'd get my skatboard a broke a leg if i was lucky. Not someone elses.
edit on 15-8-2012 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join