It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i the only one who thinks this is supious?????!!!!! I think both were planned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
they have been trying to banned guns throught President Obama. www.foxnews.com... .rense.com... www.ontheissues.org... are some of the link on it. but they have been failing to get support for it..so now just like 1999 when they had colinbine shooting they passed tought laws .. www.nytimes.com... forward to 2012 they need a reason for more laws this happens again in co thats one big condience if this was allready posted i could not find forgive me i think this was all planned both times

what i am trying to say is that both these shooting happens in co and both time the are trying to take gun away from the people of the united states ..are more gun control...i think this is all being set up...
edit on 15-8-2012 by q13ert because: clearer message

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Can you do like a "bottom line" or recap of what you're trying to get across? I can't understand what this thread is about...but, I might be interested...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

So in your opinion, the two instances of mass shootings were in fact planned false flag attacks to put forward an anti gun bill?

I'm all about conspiracies, but my friend, the columbine shooting was done by two (or more) mentally unstable kids with access to weapons. The theater shooting was done by a mentally unstable kid with access to guns.

Beyond that.... the only people calling for more restrictions are people in government, the consensus I've seen from the american public is that gun grabbing ISN'T the answer, and in fact, these shootings made people purchase more guns and request more concealed carry permits.

Trying to remove guns from the streets is like trying to drain the ocean, it just aint gonna happen for so many reasons.

But tougher regulations and a stricter vetting process should be looked at.

You want to own a bunch of fire arms? Go for it. You want semi automatic weapons? Have at it.

BUT.....

Once you start purchasing thousands of rounds of ammunition, in my opinion, someone somewhere should be aware of this and look into it.

If I buy a bag of nitrate fertilizer, no one gives a crap. When I start buying hundreds of pounds of it, I'm on a list, and I will be contacted.

If I buy a bottle of cold medicine, no one cares. If I attempt to buy large amounts of that cold medicine, I'm put on a list and I will be contacted.

Why is that ok for a bag of dirt and a box of pills, but not ok for ammunition?

That said, a lot of school shootings involved kids on mood altering drugs, prescribed or otherwise. To me, that means that my medical records SHOULD be looked at when I'm attempting to purchase a gun. If I'm mentally unstable, or on drugs that have side effects like "suicidal thoughts", I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Which right is more important?

My right to own a gun and have no one know about it
Or your right to not be shot in the face by me while you watch movie trailers?

As I said in another thread, if you honestly think your country is 1 gun law away from a dictatorship, you are the exact type of person who shouldn't have a gun, and also you should probably seek mental health professionals.
edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Im all for the recent "White" killers being a ploy.

This many people going crazy once? aha.

Might be a long shot, but my GUT is telling me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
These shootings happen frequently, even outside the us.
My logic on why this can't be a cover up to tighten gun law is due to the blunt fact people do mental, frequently. I can't see where the belief that people can't go crazy and shoot people comes from?

People are using these tragedies to tighten gun control, exploiting peoples fears. Because of this you accuse them of causing it? You're making assumptions about your assumptions.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Does this comment on Gun Control (concept of staged mass shootings to change public sentiment towards or establish a rationale for gun control) really deserve a separate thread with all of the other related GC threads circulating?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If what you are trying to say is they are pushing for tighter gun control.. You are correct..
. But No it is not a "set up" ..

The truth is the tragedy's are exploited and the average citizen is attacked with a media frenzy.. Not knowing what to believe..

for example I was watching Pierce Morgan the other day.. They had a guest on there, I don't recall his name.. He was Pro guns.. And he could not get a single word in with out Pierce making him look like a fool, and belittling his logic..

It's the way the media works.. They are snakes.

By the way your grammar is atrocious. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
the only people calling for more restrictions are people in government

This kind of helps prove the OP's point. There have been so many shootings lately, and the media sensationalism is almost nauseating. In my opinion, this is being used as a ploy to create new laws that would strip people of their weapons.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
colinbine was 14 years ago then it got quite.....that was thier test run ...look at the past year....happening pretty often.... wow

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by q13ert
they have been trying to banned guns throught President Obama. www.foxnews.com... .rense.com... www.ontheissues.org... are some of the link on it. but they have been failing to get support for it..so now just like 1999 when they had colinbine shooting they passed tought laws .. www.nytimes.com... forward to 2012 they need a reason for more laws this happens again in co thats one big condience if this was allready posted i could not find forgive me i think this was all planned both times

what i am trying to say is that both these shooting happens in co and both time the are trying to take gun away from the people of the united states ..are more gun control...i think this is all being set up...
edit on 15-8-2012 by q13ert because: clearer message

so, in your world of logic, the more mass killings , the more the government is trying to ban guns?....hmm....interesting way of looking at it

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i dont put nothing past the tptb

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

Notice how this happens only when the Democrats are in power?

Things that make you say, hmmm.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

This kind of helps prove the OP's point. There have been so many shootings lately, and the media sensationalism is almost nauseating. In my opinion, this is being used as a ploy to create new laws that would strip people of their weapons.

Absolutely. Guns are our last defense against a tyrannical government. The reality is that gun-free zones, such as schools and the Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado are simply advertisements for those looking for victims. If you are looking to kill people, of course you will choose a location where people are less likely able to defend themselves. It is possible that if someone had a weapon in that theater it would not have made much difference but then again it could have saved lives. The right to keep and bear arms, is both a God-given natural right as well as a constitutional one. It is only nominally about self-defense. The real reason the Founders wanted an armed populace was because they knew it was better for government to fear the people than for the people to fear the government. That is, the gun was meant for self-defense from not only common criminals, but also from government oppression; street thugs as well as government thugs. I couple of more killing sprees in the next couple of weeks or months, and you can bet on gun regulations.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

just seen this one www.abovetopsecret.com... and now in washtion today
edit on 15-8-2012 by q13ert because: link broke

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dave Mustaine, the lead singer of Megadeth, agrees with you. He believes that Barack Obama staged the massacre in Aurora, CO in a sick, twisted plot to pass a gun ban: TMZ

Obama and the DOJ and DHS probably also orchestrated the shooting today: FRC
They are all just a bunch of thugs anyways. May they reap what they sow ten fold.
edit on 15-8-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Holmes was clearly provided with exotic gear HOW DID HE GET THIS STUFF ??????TOLD YOU A SET UP
Continuing from CBS:

"He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were 'something I've never seen.' One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes' car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting."

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

"Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reports Yahoo News (sg.sports.yahoo.com...).

This is not your run-of-the-mill crime of passion. It was a carefully planned, heavily fundedand technically advanced attack. Who might be behind all this

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

None of that sounds exotic in the slightest. The only thing that might be considered exotic would be the 'military swat clothing' which is very nondescript, are they military clothing or SWAT clothing? Even then, if they were actual SWAT clothing, I think that'd be hard to get, but why would they give him identifiable clothing, that will have SWAT all over it. Military clothing, you can get them from almost anywhere.
Complex boobtraps aren't that difficult to make, hell, terrorists in Afghanistan can make IEDs that disposal experts have trouble with. Also, the chief of police isn't somebody I'd really quote as knowing much about explosives and boobytraps, he's probably seen a few but really doubt he has any expertise in the field.

So really, you're suggesting that he had to be brainwashed just because he has gear you don't usually see, but is easily bought, and a chief of police said it was sophisticated.

top topics

join