It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Strikes Damascus Near U.N. and Army Sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Looks like more peaceful protesters practicing their peaceful protests

A bomb exploded in central Damascus on Wednesday near several military buildings and a hotel housing U.N. observers, wounding three people and sending a pillar of black smoke into the sky above the Syrian capital.

No U.N. staff were hurt in the blast, which occurred exactly four weeks after a bomb killed four of President Bashar al-Assad's top security officials, including his brother-in-law.

You might accuse me of jumping to conclusions on blaming this incident on the "Peaceful FSA Freedom Fighters" but this was clearly directed towards Assad's forces and perhaps even the UN envoy.

Perhaps all you FSA supporters will try and say this is a false flag on Assad's behalf, but I highly doubt it due to the current situation and he would have nothing to gain by pulling such a stunt.

Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad told reporters at the scene that the bombing proved "the criminal and barbaric nature of those who carry out these attacks - and their backers in Syria and abroad".

Groups calling themselves The Descendants of the Prophet Brigade and the al-Habib al-Mustafa Brigade said on a Facebook page they were jointly responsible for the bombing, which they said had killed 50 soldiers. Competing rebel groups often claim attacks and it is usually unclear who was actually behind them.

Link

This certainly appears to be an act aggression by an outside force. I have never heard of The Descendants of the Prophet Brigade and the al-Habib al-Mustafa Brigade but it sounds like they may be a group of foreign terrorists who are in Syria causing unrest while trying to bring down the Assad regime.

These terrorists are bragging about killing soldiers, which is not an honorable way to act. This group, and many others in Syria are obviously blood thirsty criminals out to kill, including civilians. This is not what the people of Syria want so these people are not fighting for the citizens of Syria.

Regrettably I cannot access FaceBook from my work computer due to FaceBook "not recognizing my device" and they are asking for security questions which I can't answer...
@ FB.

Anyone who can find more information on this group or even link to their Facebook page I would much appreciate it.

Here is a news clip of the situation:

Peace.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Difficult to call. The Saudi's have recent form there, they allegedly blew up some of Assad's cabinet a while ago and as retaliation, Bandar Bush the Saudi intelligence chief was killed. This could be retaliation for the previous retaliation. One thing you can depend on is there will be retaliation.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Have you ever heard of these groups who have claimed responsibility?

I would like to see if there is a Saudi connection.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Never heard of them, they could be mercenaries posing as freedom fighters, they pick names that go with their brand image.

The traditional descendants of the prophet are Sharifs (Sunni) but they're generally cool, I don't think this lot are kosher.
edit on 15-8-2012 by abdel because: Added the Sharifian bit

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

There are no freedom fighters in Syria, so it would be pointless to pose as them. The world has woken up to the lie about these "peaceful protesters" or "freedom fighters" being completely false.

These people are terrorists in every aspect of the word, and are backed by foreign entities such as Israel, the US, and the UK among many other factions including Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

The whole Freedom Fighter illusion died off in 2011. Anyone who still believes these "rebels" are fighting for the people of Syria needs to wake the # up.

I'm not saying you believe this but I'm just pointing out the obvious.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I agree, it isn't just governments that use New Speak. Any group of cut throats can call themselves freedom fighters.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Can you really blame them? After all everyone wants a turn at bat.....even if it isn't their game to play in. And frankly.....destablization causes such rifts in a war setting....everyone wants a excuse to kill someone for no good reason.

I cant say i blame them..hell its what I would do.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Can you really blame them? After all everyone wants a turn at bat.....even if it isn't their game to play in. And frankly.....destablization causes such rifts in a war setting....everyone wants a excuse to kill someone for no good reason.

I cant say i blame them..hell its what I would do.

Please forgive me but I would like to understand the true context of your post before I fully respond.

Are you saying you would participate in a foreign backed coup attempt funded by the world's elite in which thousands of innocent people are massacred?

Would you blow up things in certain areas to cause instabillity while killing civilians?

Is that what you do?

As I said please forgive me if I misread your posts but I am under the impression that you said you would do what the FSA and what these other foreign groups are doing. If so...I rather not comment any further.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So every terrorist bomb that goes off is attributed to FSA?

That would mean all of Al Qaeda in Iraq was in cahoots with Iran and every bomb they set off is directly from Ahmadinajad or to extrapolate further...Ahmadinajad is Al Qaeda. Ok fine, Iran is Al Qaeda if you use your logic.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

That would mean all of Al Qaeda in Iraq was in cahoots with Iran and every bomb they set off is directly from Ahmadinajad or to extrapolate further...Ahmadinajad is Al Qaeda. Ok fine, Iran is Al Qaeda if you use your logic.

No, it would not mean that at all, whatsoever

Your delusions are comical yet worrisome.

And you claim to understand my logic...

Keep on grasping.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Geez you act like you never saw a war before.....sorry if Im a wee bit desensitized to that type of thing. And yes...if I was in the shoes of a rebel group or other likewise party engaged in battle...all the rules are out the window. War in its simple form is vulgar in nature..and there really are no rules of war other than some loose morality that nations like to pretend they follow in the first place.

Yes, I guess I would do the samething......you may now commence with yer "your a monster blah blah blah if you like"

History is writtne by the winner friend...and often that history isn't the full truth of the matter. And if your watching the media coverage one side or the other...I'd take it with some salt..chances are its all propoganda.....unless your there in the action......yea, I didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Geez you act like you never saw a war before.....sorry if Im a wee bit desensitized to that type of thing. And yes...if I was in the shoes of a rebel group or other likewise party engaged in battle...all the rules are out the window. War in its simple form is vulgar in nature..and there really are no rules of war other than some loose morality that nations like to pretend they follow in the first place.

Yes, I guess I would do the samething......you may now commence with yer "your a monster blah blah blah if you like"

History is writtne by the winner friend...and often that history isn't the full truth of the matter. And if your watching the media coverage one side or the other...I'd take it with some salt..chances are its all propoganda.....unless your there in the action......yea, I didn't think so.

You act as if these are actually "rebels" fighting a legit war for the people of Syria so your perception of the situation is flawed from the get go.

The fact that you admitted that you would participate in these atrocities says enough for itself so I won't bother calling you a monster since you have already demonstrated that for us.

You also seem to consider this as a conventional war, and yes I know history is written by the winners but that does not mean we should accept these lies that the winners fabricate. You go ahead and listen to what the "winners" say while the rest of the world does what they can to stop this murder and corruption based on lies.

I'm watching the media coverage from both sides and I am taking it with a grain of salt, but there is an obvious side who is doing most the media manipulation, I will let you figure it out, even though you may be part of the manipulated judging by your posts on this thread.

Sorry if my post comes off as harsh but what you call being desensitized, I call being completely brainwashed. You have condoned the slaughter of innocents due to lies you have been fed so as I said there is no need for me to call you a monster, you have proven my point.

Have a good day.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Dear Kastogere.

I comprehend your post. I am sure you are only a rational man. If no one had hurt or harm you and your loved ones, you, just like any other human, will never think of fighting others and even joining one.

It is only when others had hurt and harmed you and your loved ones, and even future, would you strike back, first with justice by law if it exists, but if not , justice will come from your own hands specifically against those whom had caused the hurt and harm.

This is exactly how the Syrian Free Army troops are responding now, driven to the extreme, after 17months of non stop bombardment by heavy weapons of war by the Regime, they are fighting back, seeking justice by their own hands, as the mass murderer himself is the judge, thus the rule of law exists no more.

Many here and readers will understand your point. ATS is not made up of fools.

It is just trolls and the HumanSlayer Assad bootlickers that do not want to understand,but to continually sought to paint the rebels as horrible as possible, WHILE casting the regime's animals (whom they call 'soldiers) as angels.

They can fool some, but not all. Even UN right now has issued its findings on the massacre of Homs, and had found evidences that it was the brutal HumanSlayer Assad soldiers (thugs and beasts) that had committed the worst and most despical crimes ever against humanity, majority of them civilians.
edit on 15-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As Sated in another topic,

could always be traced back to the 'Iran Trained Milltia'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ok, rebels, the army, the lolipop guild...whatever you want to call them....who ever they are it doesnt matter. This war doesnt matter if only to the people trapped in it.

And really you do read way to much as my post was generalized in the sense that i can understand that level of violence. And like it or not, unless you have been in war, only then can you understand the level of chaos that ensues in war. Doesn't matter what side your on, civilian, combatant, medic......your a target period. usually to someone else who feels slighted from one side of the other.

And no, im not watching the coverage of the war...cause i don't care. There will likely be another war next week so you can drop the bleedin heart crap. Once man becomes truly civil then and only then can we avoid war in the first place. And rid ourselves of the hypocrites on both sides that create it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Sorry I cannot view videos at the moment. Could you please give me a brief synopsis of what it is your posted? Some context would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I hate to play rent-a-mod but I believe terms and conditions require that you provide a brief explanation of videos that are posted.

Perhaps I'm wrong...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You are very correct....in many ways...regular people have been subjected to the regimes terror for over a year now....how would someone feel in their shoes? Wouldnt you want to join up with the band wagon and give em a what for?

War is hell.....and no sense of moral compass is gonna change someones spin on it to justify it one way or the other.

Personally each side deserves their licks....live by the sword...die by the sword. And I fully understand who is behind what and for what motive......this isnt really about Syria Im afraid.....its about the assertion of global control from the western nations to buck the east and gain a foothold in areas where the east has resources.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Personally each side deserves their licks....live by the sword...die by the sword. And I fully understand who is behind what and for what motive......this isnt really about Syria Im afraid.....its about the assertion of global control from the western nations to buck the east and gain a foothold in areas where the east has resources.

Finally, a portion of your post I can agree with

I don't personally agree with the whole post, but that part I quoted was well written.

In my opinion, this portion kind of contradicts your previous posts so I'm not sure what to think, but that's just my opinion and probably doesn't mean too much to you anyways.

This domino effect that began post 9/11 is exactly what you explained where the West is trying to get a foothold in certain areas for regional domination, it has NOTHING to do with Syria other than it's the current theater of their master plan.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TinfoilTP

No, it would not mean that at all, whatsoever

Your delusions are comical yet worrisome.

And you claim to understand my logic...

Keep on grasping.

Al Qaeda in Iraq was killing US soldiers with bombings, therefore I used your logic perfectly. Iran was backing the Shia militias who were at that point fighting US soldiers. Al Qaeda = Iran using your logic, not mine.

Now the Iranian backed terrorists are using bombings to undermine the FSA, I see no difference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join