It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting home if tshtf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm lucky enough that I'm in college for eight months out of the year and that the campus is in the middle of nowhere. I'm also lucky enough that, despite the campus being a twenty minute drive from the family farm that walking would mean walking through farm land. I don't drive so I won't have loads of supplies with me but I always carry a small first-aid kit and an Altoids survival kit. They aren't any bigger than my pencils case and don't take up much room in my backpack. The only issue I might have is the lack of communication with my family, who is my ride to and from school. I still have to make it known that in case of a SHTF event I'll be hoofing it

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

It is good to be ready just in case. Most college students would think you are crazy to make plans like this, good for you. My son is in college and has a plan to get home if necessary some of his friends things he is nuts.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

After responding to this entry I made sure to add to my backpack. I've got an emergency blanket, some power bars and a bottle of water. It's still not much but I'd be ready if something hit the fan. I've been a prepper for a while so it's nothing new for me to want to step up my preparedness. There is always room for improvement!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join