It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters blogging platform hacked, false Saudi blog posted

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Reuters blogging platform hacked, false Saudi blog posted

www.moneycontrol.com

The blogging platform of the Reuters News website was hacked on Wednesday and a false posting saying Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal had died was illegally posted on a Reuters journalist's blog, the company said.

Reuters News did not report the false story and the fabricated posting on reuters.com has been deleted.

Reuters had no immediate information on who was behind the hacking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The first thought that comes to my head is who would be behind such an act. My first guess is a Saudi Arabian hacker or perhaps someone from a neighboring enemy state.

The details are slim right now and Reuters does not seem like they feel like disclosing any information, or perhaps they have no idea.

My other guess would be that this is an Iranian or Israeli hacker but this is all speculation on my behalf.

Maybe this was someone's attempt at humor?

Who knows

There have been lots of cyber attacks against MSM news agencies lately so maybe they should improve their defenses against these types of attacks.

www.moneycontrol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Reuters is trapped , IMO.

There is no news confirming whether he is alive or dead.

Or it should have reported the false news.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That's interesting. I also heard on the radio yesterday that Sky News was hacked as well, and a story
about Margret Thatcher dying of a long term illness was posted. Then minutes later it was retracted. That's pretty interesting to me that these hacks are taking place. I mean, why? Is it just for fun? Or is there some other reason? And who's behind these? I wonder if the same people are responsible for both.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Perhaps there is a cover up, I don't know.

Maybe he is dead and the Saudis are denying it...I have no way of knowing.

I guess we will never know until he confirms that he is still alive.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

You raise some good points that also went through my head.

Is this all a practical joke or is this being done with a group with deeper agenda than just jokes?

I wonder if Reuters or Sky will elaborate on these incidents in the coming days.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The news agencies could be doing it to dis credit one another. After the News International phone hacking scandal I wouldn't be surprised at anything the Mainstream media get up to.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Do you think these agencies are purposely fabricating these stories then blaming it on hack attacks?

If so that certainly is a possibility, anything is possible.

Either way I find these incidents to be rather peculiar.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

They could be feeding each other with disinfo, a bit like this place sometimes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel

They could be feeding each other with disinfo, a bit like this place sometimes.

I certainly understand your point though

Too bad I didn't get paid a dollar every time someone on here purposely fed me some disinfo, I would be filthy rich!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You think the reports of Saudi ordering it's citizens to leave the lebanon immediately may also be false. Seems a bit strange

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I wonder if he was assassinated while in a foreign country ?

Has there been any "negotiations" going on involving him ?

There was a report a few days ago that he had some kind of minor surgery.

Also story from March 31st 2012

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal on Saturday said it was a “duty” to arm the Syrian opposition and help them defend themselves against the daily bloody crackdown by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad.

“The arming of the opposition is a duty, I think, because it cannot defend itself except with weapons,” Faisal said during a joint news conference with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The United States and Gulf Arab states on Saturday urged envoy Kofi Annan to produce a “timeline for next steps” in his peace plan for Syria if President Assad fails to stop the bloodshed......

Saudi foreign minister says supporting Syrian opposition is a ‘duty’

Maybe Kofi Annan is behind the hack

He is a jealous one he is !!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There are a lot of strange happenings in the media on a daily basis (more than ever) so even those of us who consider ourselves "informed" must question everything while still maintaining a rational thought process.

There are many interesing possibilities with all the conflicting media reports as of lately.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You raise some good points

Thank you for sharing that link about the Saudis supporting the "opposition" as it might help shed light on the situation.

Great contribution, thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the saudis believe the current syrian government isnt muslim enough - so using our help they are going to create another enemy of the us - yea!

top topics

join