It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's & Extra Terrestrials. Would the public be informed of irrefutable proof that they existed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Absolutely correct.

Finding microbial life would be a "wow" moment for the public for about 5 minutes, then it would fade into obscurity. BUT, if you said there were dudes just like us or superior in some way and had lovely shiny technology that made ours look like a joke, then your in for real problems.

After all, on this world any person or country viewed as superior in some way is closely watched with suspicion and attacked if their is good reason enough to think they would attack.

We lock people up who are considered a threat, because it some how makes us feel safe.

To have dangerous unknown superior beings hanging around our airspace, being allowed to go here or there as they please..............nah, it's not going to happen. There would be wide spread panic.

Just place a few Iranian Air-force jets into US airspace sit back and watch the news .

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Interesting Opening Post and thread !

If one of these UFO's actually landed and Extra Terrestrials emerged then this would be irrefutable proof but to date we have no authentic report of one landing, crashing or being shot down. But, is there one and has it been kept secret and if so why?

I think there is an overwhelming collection of circumstantial evidence showing hypothesis that some UFOs crashed or were shot down. It may have been kept secret to gather intelligence on the technology. The USA have had their share, so did Russia. But that's just my take on it.

Would not irrefutable proof of Extra Terrestrials who admitted to genetically changing our DNA in the past cause world wide panic?

I don't think so. Something happening in our ancient past would not affect the present as to cause a world wide panic. People have a funny way of reacting to the long time past. And so easily they forget. If something happened in the present, well, that'd be a totally different story. Just my opinion.

What effect would this have on the numerous religions throughout the world? Wouldn't the millions of people who rely on their religion as their rock be in suicidal mode?

Good question. Again, I think that the heads of our religions have already mentioned that an extraterrestrial life being found would not alter their views. I could be wrong. I don't think it would lead to suicide but would lead to deep questioning, which wouldn't be a bad idea, as far as I know. Again, just my opinion.

Good questions. S&F.

P.S. To answer your question in your title, the public is on a no need to know basis.

edit on 15-8-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Without a doubt, yes.

Bill Clinton, when given half a chance, declared that martian microbial life had been found. Any politician is, by definition, totally non self-effacing. They WANT to be in the history books as the person that announced the discovery! It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I do think they would keep it secret from us, for several reasons. Reverse engineering, security, scientific testing. It would be quarantined. We'd have no way of knowing what sort of microbial bugs might be crawling about if the ufo landing was actually piloted and not remotely controlled.

I just, think it's the other way around. We are purposely left in the dark, I suspect. By these non-human intelligences. Whatever they are, and where ever they come from. We just aren't in their league. Why should they even want to communicate with us, when history has shown them that they are treated as gods when they do disclose themselves? We then fall down in worship and plead for them to fix all our problems. I'd leave us out of the loop! We have no business in a galactic community, when our own world community doesn't function properly. We shouldn't need an outside force, coming in here to take care of us like unruly children. It's ludicrous.

The reason no hard, tangible proof can be recovered, is because they don't leave it behind to be. They are very likely scientifically more advanced, spiritually more advanced, and socially more advanced. Is it really that hard to believe, that we are insignificant to them, and that they just ignore us? After all, they can disable our weapons. Once that was established, the flap calmed down and the sightings became the normal, timeless reporting we have had since the beginnings of recorded time.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

My personal opinion is that if an Extra Terrestrial life form visited this planet the last thing they would do is land as we have treated this planet like it belonged to somebody else and have plagued it with disease. Being seen in the sky above our planet would be irrefutable proof of another life-form. If they had visited this planet before and carried out experiments on us I do not think for a minute that they would be pleased at what they saw. I think they would destroy us once and for all.
To say that we may have an Extra Terrestrial craft and have used 'reverse engineering' is an interesting theory (I believe Bob Lazar touched on this) but surely IF we had one wouldn't their fellow Space Travelers have come looking for it before now?
Should they have the ability to travel through space then I am sure they have the ability to observe us from afar and also the ability to make contact.
Whereas I have an open mind I find the advancement we have made over the past few thousand years (after a very primitive way of life for the previous quarter of a million years before that) to be such that I believe that something very extraordinary happened on this planet effecting our development.
Like the pyramid questions I am yet to find an answer.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If it is an alien parasite they would have to give it out. Before it expands.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I believe it would be practically impossible to keep proof of extraterrestrials secret for any length of time. It would be a thing so big that even people sworn to secrecy would have to realize was beyond their obligations or allegiances to any nation. Such information would almost instantly require an army of people to address it, and the more people who know about something, the more difficult it becomes to keep it contained.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I believe it would be practically impossible to keep proof of extraterrestrials secret for any length of time. It would be a thing so big that even people sworn to secrecy would have to realize was beyond their obligations or allegiances to any nation. Such information would almost instantly require an army of people to address it, and the more people who know about something, the more difficult it becomes to keep it contained.

I don't think it would be that difficult and some people suspect that it is happening now.
It is very easy to 'debunk' the claims of the likes of Georgio "The Hair" Tsoukalos and Erik Von Daniken and even others (Ancient Alien Theorists) by making them look like idiots and some of their claims laughable.
Zecharia Sitchin may (and I emphasize MAY) have just struck the odd chord but his claims of Nibiru were (forgive the pun) totally off the planet.
Hebrew scholar, Michael Hessler (spelling) and our own ATS "Mentor of those who have eyes and brains but who cannot see or understand", 'harte', have enlightened us as to the true meanings.
Nevertheless, it would be so easy for the 'powers-that-be' to discredit any claims by simply ridiculing them in a way that would see them laughed off. However, there are some that simply will not go away or are continually being resurrected by new people who are intrigued by them and will not accept the established explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I think disinformation and propaganda are more effective tools than people realize. Particularly in keeping projects and studies shrouded in secrecy when contracted to the private sector. Our system is set up, to keep secrets.

I still maintain, that there just might not be anything left behind, by our mysterious visitors to find. Who and whatever they are, perhaps they are better than we are. At everything. If they don't want us to have definitive proof of their existence, we aren't going to get it. All we have left is trace signatures, witness testimony, and conjecture - and that isn't enough to interest mainstream science or enough evidence to ascertain what the phenomenon is.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Only way to know if Aliens are real is when they arrive in mass and start slaughtering humans live on tv. Im a abductee , so i can say that

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Think About It

Why would any national government come forth with information about something they have absolutely no control over? If you are waiting for any government to answer your questions, you're probably going to do a lot of waiting. I believe, that if you want answers, you must do the research yourself, and find those answers. I'm going to add two very interesting videos as links. Some of your questions may be answered, supposing you have any. Enjoy.

A Most Fascinating Radio Talk Show (Recording)

Contact (A Full Documentary)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join