It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: 'Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by nunyadammm

I see it very fair and balanced. Xuenchen starts the threads providing current electorial news and you provide the other side.

See...thats the problem. I don't see this as "news" of any sort. That is the irony. Romney...and by extension...this OP...hasn't said anything at all about policy, positions etc.

He just made an emotive comment. Willard saying that Obama is about "division, anger and hate" actually tells no one anything, and doesn't make it true by saying it.

All politics aside...this is the nonsense that appeals to idiots....which admittedly means it appeals to a minority chunk of the electorate, but it aint news and doesn't give us any more light into Romney/Ryan plans for the country.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Wait till the "official" nominees are certified.

Then the real "campaigns" will begin.

The details and policies will come out for debate soon.
(at least on the Repub side....don't know about Obama's policies)

Everything is generalized for now. They need to gauge and nurture the attention span first.

But you must admit Indigo that this one single statement by Romney has in fact hit the beehives with sticks. Yes?

Just look at the swarms already on this thread alone

Not to mention the brand new "Ryanoia" that started over the long lost weekend

edit on Aug-15-2012 by xuenchen because: send in the
s

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

See what I'm talking about .....

great example

there are threads about that very issue, not much discussion.

just denial.

A view which differs than yours does not signify denial. One could easily claim the other side is denying the reality of the Ryan budget plans and it's effect on health care for future seniors.

One group perceives a decrease in costs and the transfer of what they describe as entitlements to the private sector resulting in a smaller government, the other see private insurance companies denying treatments and demanding premiums that are higher than the vouchers leaving seniors without health care coverage.

One side sees the vouchers as freedom, the other side sees it as a death sentence.

The thing is that both sides are partially correct. Privatizing Medicare will lower costs, but seniors will have to deal with the private insurances companies that are well known for denying needed treatments.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here it goes again
Remember the whole cross-hairs B.S. from when Giffords was shot? The "connection" made the media rounds as encouraging the shooting and we got that talking to about civility? Today [or a few days ago] we have the VP in the south making a comment about Romney putting people in chains
Like that was not meant to invoke images of slavery?? It was to play on that history to stir up the black vote and to stir up white guilt for the white folks in the audience. This was a calculated statement I have no doubt.
Realspoke you really went their w/Beezer? When did the black community become a hive mind? No one is allowed to have a dissenting opinion without being a "sell out" ? That kind of thinking does more harm then good.
AS for pajoly what were Obama's qualifications for president? Voting present in the senate? Romney has been in a executive branch position, being Gov. of Mass. That is actual experience, Obama was voted in based on appearance and "history" making potential. Look at how enlightened we are we voted for a "black man" to be the president. The quotes are because he is not strictly speaking a black man, African and white is his lineage. But one seems to overshadow the other due to the simple method of judging by appearance.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2012 by hangedman13 because: Dang x2 post

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ahahahaha, and that coming from the GOP

That's like the school bully complaining about being bullied

Bunch of laughable clowns...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

great example

just denial.

A view which differs than yours does not signify denial. One could easily claim the other side is denying the reality of the Ryan budget plans and it's effect on health care for future seniors.

One group perceives a decrease in costs and the transfer of what they describe as entitlements to the private sector resulting in a smaller government, the other see private insurance companies denying treatments and demanding premiums that are higher than the vouchers leaving seniors without health care coverage.

One side sees the vouchers as freedom, the other side sees it as a death sentence.

The thing is that both sides are partially correct. Privatizing Medicare will lower costs, but seniors will have to deal with the private insurances companies that are well known for denying needed treatments.

The Paul Ryan solution came from democrats.

It's a bi -partisan solution.

Freedom is always better the Death Panels.

--------------------

Have you heard that the NHS in Great Britain is rationing care?

Need knee surgery? Fly to the USA.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

great example

just denial.

What we need to do is get the average cost of Medicare per person that each person pays today.

Money is deducted from SS checks every month now.

Medicare people must also pay for the "supplemental" policies as well, or get Medicaid in their State.

Are there co-payments in some cases too?

Do you know that Medicare uses contractors to do much of the "administration" work ?

What does PPACA do to Medicare and how does it affect each person?

We know PPACA delegates most of the "power" to HHS.

What are their current and future policies and changes and costs?

I bet Romney knows all this and will be presenting his versions and visions soon enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I see it very fair and balanced. Xuenchen starts the threads providing current electorial news and you provide the other side.

See...thats the problem. I don't see this as "news" of any sort. That is the irony. Romney...and by extension...this OP...hasn't said anything at all about policy, positions etc.

He just made an emotive comment. Willard saying that Obama is about "division, anger and hate" actually tells no one anything, and doesn't make it true by saying it.

All politics aside...this is the nonsense that appeals to idiots....which admittedly means it appeals to a minority chunk of the electorate, but it aint news and doesn't give us any more light into Romney/Ryan plans for the country.

Everything is generalized for now. They need to gauge and nurture the attention span first.

But you must admit Indigo that this one single statement by Romney has in fact hit the beehives with sticks. Yes?

s

Obama has 22 days to Drop Biden.... We need to get a little pool going to see if Biden makes the cut... Ryan has them shaking in their boots and Ryan will school Biden in the Debates.

Who is their ace in the hole??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

another example of what I'm talking about .....

see what i mean?

jeesh.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

RealSpoke,

The only white people who are considered racists when making such a fool hardy statement would Joe Biden and the real 1st black president Bill Clinton. Taken either way the remark was stupid while said to a room full of blacks, whites or 7 foot purple tella-tubbies.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama has 22 days to Drop Biden.... We need to get a little pool going to see if Biden makes the cut... Ryan has them shaking in their boots and Ryan will school Biden in the Debates.

Sarah Palin says Hillary (no kidding, there's a news story about it)

But she also hopes they don't do it !!

Palin calls on Obama to dump Biden in favor of Hillary Clinton

This is a good signal.....shows that Palin is confident of a Romney victory (I think)

edit on Aug-15-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

s

If it's not Hillary Clinton then they will have to promote Debbie Wasserman Schultz

to Vice President.

She will not be able to explain why Obamas economic policies have failed but she

does have the ability to - filibuster - and - change the subject - when the moderator

throws out a question to her and Paul Ryan during the VP debate.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

another example of what I'm talking about .....

see what i mean?

jeesh.

I think you are mistaking "anger and hate" with "pointing out facts"

Like the FACT that Ryan voted for all the things he now criticises Obama for

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hillary scares me worse than;
Clowns
Olives
Clowns serving olives
Naked pictures of Nancy Pelosi
Naked pictures of clowns giving olives to Nancy Pelosi
The wrath of Skeptic Overlord
Ninjas
Bicycle pants on clowns serving olives to naked Nancy Pelosi

edit on 15-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Hahahahahahahahaha!
2nd... hahahahahaha!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

Originally posted by nunyadammm
reply to post by xuenchen

You can say there is a plan all you like but you have no idea what it is do ya?
The only ones that are lying about medicare are the Republicans who want to destroy it.

What is their motive to destroy it? Please stop ingesting and regurgitating left wing blogs and the MSM talking heads. Ryan understands the budget (your POTUS praised him in 2010 for this very reason, as did Biden. Google - many libs have praised Ryan until now).

The current entitlement system, across the board, is not sustainable (including Social Security). We are broke. Ignoring this fact is only going to make things worse. I'm sure you have heard or maybe even seen the problems in Greece. The riots in the streets. We have towns declaring bankruptcy, soon it will be whole states. When that happens, the cushy government jobs go away, the ridiculous pensions, the ability to retire in only 20 years to receive that money, etc. Then we are Greece and people riot in the streets. Then you will say "wow I wished we had actually fixed this mess when we had the chance".

No one in the GOP wants to destroy anything. They want to FIX it - and not just be printing more money and throwing that against a wall.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Attacks over rhetoric? It's just another diversion to distract from discussing facts.
The debates will be interesting I guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Attacks over rhetoric? It's just another diversion to distract from discussing facts.
The debates will be interesting I guess.

Joe Biden blew it again. In Virginia he said he wants to lead us in the 20 th century.

----------
I guess it leaves it wide open for President Romney and VP Ryan to lead us in the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The current entitlement system, across the board, is not sustainable (including Social Security). We are broke. Ignoring this fact is only going to make things worse.

This is where both sides of the debate obfuscate the truth.

Social Security and Medicare are not losing money...the government is.

When folks contribute to those programs the government chooses to "invest" those funds in the form of Treasury Notes (IOUs). When SS or Medicare need to be paid each year...the Gov. has to pay up on some of those IOUs.

This year’s report by the trustees who oversee the fund found that, if left alone, the Social Security system will continue to be able to pay its bills for at least the next 40 years — thanks in part to a $1.4 trillion nest egg of Treasury securities that has been stashed away over the past several decades. (A separate analysis by the Congressional Budget Office figures the fund is in good shape until 2052.)

www.ssa.gov...
www.cbo.gov...

The issue is that our government (Mostly GOP) is looking for ways NOT TO PAY BACK the money they took from SS, Medicare etc.

After the Bush tax cuts and the expensive military outings...well, we are in debt.

What the GOP would like to do is DEFAULT on the money the Gov has borrowed from SS and Medicare...AND send a whole lot of business Wall Streets way in "Privatizing" what is left of it when they are done by way of handing the contributions over to the same morons that collapsed the economy.

This is like saying you are going to reduce your debt by telling your Parents who loaned you 50k to go ef themselves...and acuse them of being the cause of your debts.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is a good signal.....shows that Palin is confident of a Romney victory (I think)

Really Xue?...Sarah Palin is your political oracle?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The current entitlement system, across the board, is not sustainable (including Social Security). We are broke. Ignoring this fact is only going to make things worse.

This is where both sides of the debate obfuscate the truth.

Social Security and Medicare are not losing money...the government is.

When folks contribute to those programs the government chooses to "invest" those funds in the form of Treasury Notes (IOUs). When SS or Medicare need to be paid each year...the Gov. has to pay up on some of those IOUs.

This year’s report by the trustees who oversee the fund found that, if left alone, the Social Security system will continue to be able to pay its bills for at least the next 40 years — thanks in part to a $1.4 trillion nest egg of Treasury securities that has been stashed away over the past several decades. (A separate analysis by the Congressional Budget Office figures the fund is in good shape until 2052.)

www.ssa.gov...
www.cbo.gov...

The issue is that our government is looking for ways NOT TO PAY BACK the money they took from SS, Medicare etc.

After the Bush tax cuts and the expensive military outings...well, we are in debt.

What the GOP would like to do is DEFAULT on the money the Gov has borrowed from SS and Medicare...AND send a whole lot of business Wall Streets way in "Privatizing" what is left of it when they are done.

This is like saying you are going to reduce your debt by telling your Parents who loaned you 50k to go ef themselves...and acuse them of being the cause of your debts.

Well, that sounds wonderful but i think just to be safe we will raise the retirement age to

67 anyways. I'm sure Canada did that for a good reason.

Early retirement age will be 65. People are living longer.

-----------

MediCare is plagued by waste, fraud and abuse. We can do better.

VP Paul Ryan says so.

VP Paul Ryan also says ObamaCare is full of - smoke & mirrors -.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join