It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradigm shifts: Natural or Planned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah, you and I can agree that lying is wrong. We can also agree that our position is in line with the common paradigm. But I'm unwilling to concede absolute truth to a statement like "lying is wrong." That has been the general point of my last few posts: that basically anything can be argued effectively in a way that is contrary to the original statement, so deciding on truth is sketchy.

A lot of people lie, and a lot of people would probably say that deception provides some benefit. That is not my opinion or the common paradigm, but it exists and shouldn't be discounted.

But in a popular sense truth tends to be accepted blindly, so I suppose Im off track. I guess was trying to illustrate a way that I feel most people fall short in developing paradigm, which is to not question enough and consider all sides.

Anyway I'd really like you to elaborate on what you've been saying because I'm not sure I'm getting your main point...

Is it that words are discreetly being used as a tool of deception which ends up clogging the mental process? Do you have a theory as to what the goal is of thought manipulation?

Try and get me back on track if you've lost me.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

Good morning MassOccurs,

Yeah, you and I can agree that lying is wrong. We can also agree that our position is in line with the common paradigm. But I'm unwilling to concede absolute truth to a statement like "lying is wrong." That has been the general point of my last few posts: that basically anything can be argued effectively in a way that is contrary to the original statement, so deciding on truth is sketchy.

I respect and understand your position. I think it was much harder to understand a lot when I was younger.... when we are younger. much of what we rely on depends on the truthfulness of those who teach us....teachers, parents etc. I learned quite young not to trust man (people) blindly.

A lot of people lie, and a lot of people would probably say that deception provides some benefit. That is not my opinion or the common paradigm, but it exists and shouldn't be discounted.

Lies are only beneficial to the liars and their cohorts in my opinion. They cause much pain and suffering on innocents. I would say it is a primary factor in much of the pain and suffering in the world today.

But in a popular sense truth tends to be accepted blindly, so I suppose Im off track. I guess was trying to illustrate a way that I feel most people fall short in developing paradigm, which is to not question enough and consider all sides.

Again, I don't see truth being told in the first place..I would argue that big lies are being accepted blindly...and even when the results show there may have been deception...people will ignore them so their bubble doesn't pop. To be blunt, I see the most evil of characters rising and thriving in the world while everything that is simple and honest being devalued and our children destroyed.

Anyway I'd really like you to elaborate on what you've been saying because I'm not sure I'm getting your main point... Is it that words are discreetly being used as a tool of deception which ends up clogging the mental process? Do you have a theory as to what the goal is of thought manipulation?

Yes, Bingo! and yes. My main point for this paradigm shift in thinking is that people are being manipulated and lied too, they are being brainwashed and conditioned to meet the needs of the state, like cattle I guess I would say.

To get a little familiar of what I will explain in next post please have a look see at some of these keywords and their definitions ok. This will help you as we talk about this issue, I think you will find it interesting.

1. dissociation.... Psychiatry separation of normally related mental processes, resulting in one group functioning independently from the rest, leading in extreme cases to disorders such as multiple personality:
2. behavior modification...the alteration of behavioral patterns through the use of such learning techniques as biofeedback and positive or negative reinforcement.
3. Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness..Adderall , Concerta , Dexedrine , Daytrana , Metadate , Methylin , Ritalin, Vyvanse, Aripiprazole (Abilify) Clozapine (Clozaril), Lurasidone (Latuda) Olanzapine/Fluoxetine, Quetiapine (Seroquel), Asenapine Maleate (Saphris), Iloperidone (Fanapt), Olanzapine (Zyprexa), Paliperidone (Invega), Risperidone (Risperdal), Elavil, Norpramin, Pamelor ,Tofranil or other tricyclic antidepressants, Catapres, Duraclon, Kapvay, Nexiclon, Tenex, Wellbutrinetc etc.
4. behavior therapy..the treatment of neurotic symptoms by training the patient’s reactions to stimuli.
5. mind control...refers to a process in which a group or individual “systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated”.[1] The term has been applied to any tactic, psychological or otherwise, which can be seen as subverting an individual’s sense of control over their own thinking, behavior, emotions or decision making (basically the target becomes a puppet).

I have a busy day today, I have much information regarding how these tools are being utilized in the public arena. Fire away any questions and I will do my best to answer if I am able. Most of my knowledge is in regards to the American system of education and some in medicine and psychiatry. I could have probably listed dozens more keywords so if you have any questions or need an example let me know... I will be back in the evening .... Have a wonderful day.
edit on 18-8-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Looking forward to your next post...you'll be happy to find that I know a decent amount about mental health and was already familiar with all of those terms aside from a few of the more obscure medications...your take that they promote illogical thinking differs a lot from the doctors that handle them. I'm very skeptical of meds as well.

Yes, Bingo! and yes. My main point for this paradigm shift in thinking is that people are being manipulated and lied too, they are being brainwashed and conditioned to meet the needs of the state, like cattle I guess I would say.

I'd like to establish exactly what this paradigm shift is and when it started. What was the original belief, and what is the new belief?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hi MassOccurs,

I'd like to establish exactly what this paradigm shift is and when it started. What was the original belief, and what is the new belief?

Good luck..... I am not interested in getting into the age old discussion. My interest is in how and what interferes with a clear and healthy mind. My first psychology class began with the statement given to us that, "every person in the world has some sort of brain damage". I wondered what would cause and perpetuate this. So I went the route of searching for the reasons for this circumstance.

The more we know about the mind, the more weapons have been utilized to attack it, why is that I wondered. I see there is one element that wishes to deny that humans are more than just animals alone. Based on what experiments are being done and what weapons are being made....I see an effort to control all humans and process them like cattle. This includes a sophisticated electronic data base that records all data from birth to grave, including how one thinks, what methods of control work best.

One objective would be to teach people that they are just animals and the spirit within them is a delusion that is created in the mind that dies with the body nothing more. It is much easier to control a people who have no faith in anything outside of the state and its power. When we teach truth is a matter of opinion and disregard or demonize actual effects/results rather than consider them at all.
New shift.... A desire to limit opposition by limiting freedom of speech.
Take the shift of being "politically correct"....a set of behaviors masked as etiquette (another word changed by doublespeak) that promotes polite behavior over and at the expense of truth. Think of how quickly one who demands political correctness interacts with someone who violates this new speech code? I have personally witnessed some 360~ turn around when one does not meet the expectations of the politically correct....Can anyone say "Sibyl"? This is not always the case but, in a lessor extent those who do not stick to this code are labeled ignorant, objectified (forms of control).

Politeness can be achieved without sacrificing truth....this political correct code is a crafty deception that has been taught, forced and accepted, in my humble opinion. We create discord among the minds of the people, with no more than the claim of higher intelligence without one iota of proof...in fact we all can see humans getting dumber which causes a further disconnect, a division of the people. I must say, If anyone read "the art of war" and is able to see how it is utilized against the mind will understand there is indeed a war going on and it is the mind that is being held in captivity by the enemy.

They have however figured out which methods would be profitable and efficient to meet their objectives. One method is to interfere with the brains natural functioning/built in protections as soon as possible. Cause the brain to go into dissociation asap. ...the younger the better.
If neurosciences and psychiatry were doing as their stated intents, we would be curing and not creating damaged minds. There is a conspiracy indeed.

I finally understood "the wolf in sheep's clothing" parable like I never did before. I see a concentrated effort of processing humans like cattle...a clear and ruthless effort to destroy the spirit or manipulate it into total compliance and for worship of the state. Every aspect of the mind controlled if possible. If the mind can be conquered there is no need for prisons.

Do you follow what I am saying?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I follow but disagree to some extent.

There is still plenty of opportunity for those born in the common class, despite some challenges. I think the individual still has the chance to develop their mind to full capacity. I'm not sure if people are really getting dumber, brainwashing elements existed 50,100, and 1000 years ago. We have the internet now, information is highly available.

I think the majority of people will always conform, regardless of what the common paradigm is. But for those who wish to go beyond conformity and better themselves, nothing is really stopping them. In fact, I think the situation is actually one where the leaders are trying to create better thinkers where you believe to goal is defeating intelligence.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hi MassOccurs,

I follow but disagree to some extent. There is still plenty of opportunity for those born in the common class, despite some challenges. I think the individual still has the chance to develop their mind to full capacity. I'm not sure if people are really getting dumber, brainwashing elements existed 50,100, and 1000 years ago. We have the internet now, information is highly available. I think the majority of people will always conform, regardless of what the common paradigm is.

I am not sure we disagree, I too recognize that not all children and adults are subjected or locked into any single condition of influence. The internet is also a big shift that I see as a great contributor towards breaking the chains of ignorance and deceptions.

But for those who wish to go beyond conformity and better themselves, nothing is really stopping them. In fact, I think the situation is actually one where the leaders are trying to create better thinkers where you believe to goal is defeating intelligence.

I know of a selection process being done in the public education of Americans...so I speak of America's system...I am not aware of the systems in education being utilized elsewhere...although I understand the objective is to have a universal system of education so, at some point the whole world would be processed and raised the same... That's the goal anyway. So, yes..I agree some are selected for areas that require a great amount of knowledge.. without trying to pinpoint exactly what traits are celebrated and which are discouraged (eugenics is prevalent but, I have not looked into what they are doing exactly).

To say there is nothing stopping those who do not conform, there I guess we disagree. I know they will label children as "special needs" simply because they will not succumb to pressures designed to promote collectivism and conformity. They have various techniques to deal with those rejected. This begins in early education mind you. Try making waves in areas that matter in the government system and watch how quickly your life appears to go downhill lol. When you mentioned they are trying to create better thinkers, you might want to get a hold of some of the lesson nuggets used ...it is controlled thinking (guided thinking) ...at least in the public education system in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join