It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by r2d246
This is something that's been really bothering me....
Living in a major city up here of about 1 million people. I grew up here. And now in recently years you wouldn't believe the amount of things I'm noticing.
It scares me to even post this. But I figure it's got to be said by someone. Like the amount of crazy things being implemented in and around the city is JUST NUTS.
So I'll cover a few of these items to give you a perspective of how free things use to be, as compared to how there going...
1) TSA at our airports and body scanners (within the last 2 years approx)
2) Mini police stations the size of retail stores, in malls, strip malls, apartment buildings, like all over. Use to be just main ones in each side of the city.
3) Red light cameras in many places
4) Strange new cameras at intersections that are permanent
5) Strange new mini cameras on intersections that's a new thing they're putting everywhere.
6) To get into the local fair you now get a pat down by police. Same with some other major events
7) Police patrolling major streets that are popular hang out places
8) All kinds of strange types of police cars. There marked as follows: RCMP, Police black n white, Police just white, detectives in unmarked cruisers, detectives in unmarked trucks and SUV's, police motor cycles
9) Photo radar in unmarked cars and trucks and mini vans everywhere and anywhere!
10) Tons and tons of new laws like if you're going too much over the speed limit they can take your car. etc etc etc.
11) Police helicopters flying around
12) Check stops much more often and frequent
13) Lowered breathalyzer so if you even have one drink you could get a DUI
14) Baggage check and patdown to get on the greyhound bus
15) Police much more frequently entering bars to check people's ID's
16) Police riding bike around everywhere and at any kind of event
17) Bi law people driving around in all kinds of different vehicles looking for any kind of violation to fine
18) Census checks where they come to your door annually to have you fill out a long document about who's living at the location (census my azz! it's the guestopo we all know this up here)
19) most pay phones have been taken out. So it forces you to get a cell phone. Another great tracking spy device assigned to you personally.
Like these are just what I can think of off the top of my head. All this stuff is new, like within the last 5-10 yrs max. Some in the last 12-24 months. It's madness, shier MADNESS what's happened to our city.
I'm just glad I'm almost 40 so I won't be around for long enough to see what's yet to come. Id actually like to live in a small town just to avoid this madness that's going on. Like it's Nazi germany come to life and right in your face.
Like this is no joke. Same thing happening everywhere, even worse in some bigger cities. Like we're basically following suit with the US in becoming a police state. Like it's out of control, and only gonna get worse. We're basically doomed I know this already. I just can't believe that Canada's freedom has completely gone down the toilet. It's just so sad.edit on 15-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)
You think it's bad there come to Charlotte, NC for the DNC... www.charlotteobserver.com... technologysecurity.wordpress.com... I can only imagine what they have in mind for us when the convention is over
The only time I might bare arms is if we enter into a post apocolyptic era where its' the wild wild west again. Even then I wouldn't rely on the gun. He who lives by the sward will be die by the sward.