1) TSA at our airports and body scanners (within the last 2 years approx)
I have traveled Canada more than 99% of people. Never noticed this at all.
2) Mini police stations the size of retail stores, in malls, strip malls, apartment buildings, like all over. Use to be just main ones in each side of
These have always been here and are called outposts because of the land mass.
3) Red light cameras in many places
20 yrs ago. Nothing new.
4) Strange new cameras at intersections that are permanent
Same as above.
5) Strange new mini cameras on intersections that's a new thing they're putting everywhere.
Same as above
6) To get into the local fair you now get a pat down by police. Same with some other major events
Never experienced and I have been to 10 outdoor events this summer.
7) Police patrolling major streets that are popular hang out places
Always been the same for a long time. Called street patrol.
8) All kinds of strange types of police cars. There marked as follows: RCMP, Police black n white, Police just white, detectives in unmarked cruisers,
detectives in unmarked trucks and SUV's, police motor cycles
Always been here. Called unmarked cruisers.
9) Photo radar in unmarked cars and trucks and mini vans everywhere and anywhere!
10) Tons and tons of new laws like if you're going too much over the speed limit they can take your car. etc etc etc.
Never heard of one instance.
11) Police helicopters flying around
Big Country and they have always been there.
12) Check stops much more often and frequent
Traveled from East to West 2 times this year. Not stopped once.
13) Lowered breathalyzer so if you even have one drink you could get a DUI
Many years and differs from province to province.
14) Baggage check and patdown to get on the greyhound bus
Never heard of this...at all. Proof please
15) Police much more frequently entering bars to check people's ID's
Always happened. Just say no.
16) Police riding bike around everywhere and at any kind of event
Called security at large events.
17) Bi law people driving around in all kinds of different vehicles looking for any kind of violation to fine
18) Census checks where they come to your door annually to have you fill out a long document about who's living at the location (census my azz! it's
the guestopo we all know this up here)
I say no. They go away.
19) most pay phones have been taken out. So it forces you to get a cell phone. Another great tracking spy device assigned to you personally.
Payphones are disappearing BECAUSE people want the latest cell.
Are you Canadian? young? waking up? paranoid? misinformed? looking for what isn't there? Fear mongering? Looking for stars? Flags?
You are apparently living in a different Country than I am tho. It ain't all good but certainly it isn't what you describe. Look at my threads and I
am usually the first one to call conspiracy and encroaching police state.
Although some of what you say is true, it's nowhere near how you paint it. But give it time.
edit on 15-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)