It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we grant Asylum unconditionally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Greens party in Australian politics wants to love everybody. And it is a grand notion, and one that i would love to be reality. But where they fail, is they think that if they believe it then it must be reality. I say this in relation to their Asylum seeker policy and how they want to treat the illegal boat people from Indonesia coming to Australia.

So many boats are arriving in our waters every month it seems now. It is because labor and the greens have a soft policy that give the poor desperate Indonesian's seeking refuge the idea that if they get into Australian waters they will become Australian's or at the very least, be processed on main land Australia.
My issue on top of this is the greens want to let every refugee in. I wish we could, but its the risk's involved with such a policy that they never pay attention to. If we allowed everyone asylum, imagine how many would be attempting the voyage on rusty boats, imagine how many may die. There is already blood i believe on Labors hands due to their week policy, but if the greens ever got their way, i cringe to think of the consequences. Of course the greens would just say it was the right thing to do.
Now one more aspect i almost forgot, if you were to grant them all asylum, imagine the light bulb going off in the minds of Islamist extremists, of which they don't have a shortage of in Indonesia. And the worst thing is, the greens have a stranglehold on the youth of this country, mainly in the cities, and mainly because they do have solid environmental policies, albeit always a little irresponsible. I used to vote for the greens, but never again. They one mined views are dangerous.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
To be able to understand,one must understand that one is too a inmate in a asylum him/herself.So how would one like to be treated?

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No, just plain and outright no.

The greens policy is just wrong.

Money - Asylim seekers cost us money, and would cost us a LOT more if they are just "let in". Pretty much we already have housing problems here, where would we put them? Tent cities? Most of them elect to live in the cities

Government Services - Given the massive influx we would recieve it would cripply government services (and private services like power, water and sewer services) since our cities where not designed for massive influx of people

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Yes it is a terrible situation. But what would you do? Would you let strangers into your house, maybe you would, and maybe it would be ok, at first. By now many people have come into your house because they have heard you allow entrance, many hundreds of people come through your house, and everything is ok. But one, only one evil person heard of your generosity and saw it as an opportunity. He enters your house, and you smile at him, and then he strikes your home.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by australianobserver

It's just a cross ploy to get people worried about invasion (of a lesser sort) to keep people distracted while the bigger issues go unnoticed by the Australian population. We are becoming the world's first slave state before our very eyes while we bleat on and on about the damn boat people.

The truth is more people arrive in Australia illegally every year by plane than by boat. While I don't think it's fair to imprison them indefinetely at the taxpayer's expense regardless of how they come here, there's no reason each person or family can't be processed quickly, within a month or two. If you're a legitimate refugee, and can contribute to our society and not be a taxpayer drain, or are genuinely fleeing deadly persecution in your home country then great, come on in and enjoy your stay, if not, send 'em back on a plane at their own countries expense says I.

It's like Kevin Bloody Wilson always says;

"If you're a refugee, welcome. If you're illegal, # off."
edit on 17-8-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join