It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourist Slave Wages taking Aussie Jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Refugees are a product of western political policy, they go in and bomb the crap out of their country, either killing or displacing people, either that or their countries are ran by dictators propped up by the west, then, we're quite happy to say" hey, come live over here", thus generating a fortune for the private operators of detention centres, ie: Serco, then turning them into western consumers, who can't live without their big screen televisions and band name clothing, so by this point, they either become tax slaves or welfare sponges, they buy their groceries at coles, buy their tv at harvey norman, their energy from any one of the numerous private energy companies, so there you have it, it's not really about helping people, it's just about having more consumers, also diluting the value of existing workers along the way - so when they invade these countries, they don't only go after the natural resources, they are after human resources too, if our country gave a sh!t about these people, wouldn't we be able to help them (and more of them) by getting out of & helping their existing home to progress?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We only need look at what is happening today in South Africa, as a timely and bitter warning:

www.wnd.com...

Known as Boers or Afrikaners, the descendants of Northern Europeans, mostly Dutch, arrived in Southern Africa hundreds of years ago, in some cases as far back as the 1600s. Still, racists refer to them as “settlers,” implying they do not belong there. The eyes of the world were on South Africa two decades ago as the apartheid era came to an end and Western governments helped bring the communist-backed African National Congress to power. However, when Genocide Watch chief Gregory Stanton declared that white South African farmers were facing a genocidal onslaught and that communist forces were taking over the nation, virtually nobody noticed. Few outside of South Africa paid attention either when, earlier this year, the president of South Africa began publicly singing songs advocating the murder of whites.

More

edit on 29-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Janadele

And you think the copy and paste above that you extracted from a website describes what you think will happen to Australia?

That's so funny

Instead of passing a bias journalists work off as your own, why don't you tell us what YOU think is going to happen to your white christian Australia that your so afraid to loose.

Whlie your at it, you can answer my question from the last page..... why as an Australian christian do you not help those in need, why do you turn a blind eye to refugees (gods children in your book) when your god commands you to help them?

Mickierocksman

edit on 19/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: THE EDIT WAS SO I COULD LAUGH AGAIN

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
reply to post by Janadele

And you think the copy and paste above that you extracted from a website describes what you think will happen to Australia?

That's so funny

Instead of passing a bias journalists work off as your own, why don't you tell us what YOU think is going to happen to your white christian Australia that your so afraid to loose.

Whlie your at it, you can answer my question from the last page..... why as an Australian christian do you not help those in need, why do you turn a blind eye to refugees (gods children in your book) when your god commands you to help them?

Mickierocksman

edit on 19/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: THE EDIT WAS SO I COULD LAUGH AGAIN

I don't agree with most of what OP has presented but I'm a white born Australian & I would like to know why people think I should be happy to watch my country degrade year after year. Don't even pretend that the pathetic attempt at multiculturalism & the types of immigrants we are seeing lately hasn't been a significant contributing factor either.
Why should I be happy with ethnic enclaves appearing everywhere?
Why should I be happy being treated as second class in my own country?
Why should I be happy to see my culture destroyed?
Why should I be tolerant of those who are intolerant of me?
Why should I be respectful to those who disrespect me?
Why should I help those who would not help me?
Why should I be happy to let people change this country to what suits them?
Why should we let people in who have no desire to integrate?
Why shouldn't people have to speak the language?

I have a question for those who try to take some moral high ground on refugees that I never get a decent answer to.
Why are you happy to let someone who has done nothing wrong & been patient, compliant & respectful suffer & die in the place of a criminal who was lucky enough to have 10 of 1000's of $?
I'll do you a deal I'll tell the cue jumper that he has to go home, you tell the guy who has been waiting years in line that you just gave his spot to a guy who did the wrong thing, but hay just hang tight when these guys stop pushing in you'll get your turn.

P.S just cause I'm white & an Ozzy bogon doesn't make me a racist & I have lived in other countries & suffered "TRUE" racism not the crap half the people here claim.
Ohh he told a racist joke/Ohh he has a southern cross tat/Ohh he has a problem with people calling his wife a slut for wearing a bikini.
Get real come see when they nail your dog to ya front door & we will talk about racism.

I don't have a problem with backpackers coming here for a working holiday & picking fruit etc but I do have a problem with big business actively targeting overseas applicants so they can save themselves a $

I saw a guy selling units north of Brissy to a Singapore family & 1 of things that got me was he how they were heavily advertising this place in Singapore with the notion that at least 40% would only be sold to singaporeans & with such a large number of them in business in the area they would all have good job prospects for them & their kids as their fellow countrymen would hire them over an Aussie any day, and how they could make it just like their little Singapore not have to worry about english or differant food. That disgusted me to no end as does the one sided media portrayal of racism & refugees in this country.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You’re not happy I believe because you don’t understand yet WHY the world has to change for our species (that means all of us) to survive.

Let me step through your posted response:

I don't agree with most of what OP has presented (Good, most of it was foolish)

I'm a white born Australian & I would like to know why people think I should be happy to watch my country degrade year after year. (Being white means that you or your family were also an immigrant to this country, a land taken from the traditional owners – you can call it home but it’s not your land)

Don't even pretend that the pathetic attempt at multiculturalism & the types of immigrants we are seeing lately hasn't been a significant contributing factor either. (Not sure if I understand this, do you not like a particular person or race? Is that based on their religion, ideals, education or the colour of their skin?)

Why should I be happy with ethnic enclaves appearing everywhere? (Aussie Ex-Pats do the same thing in all other countries, I agree it’s not right and needs to stop, but it is not only a human trait - animals do it too in nature too)

Why should I be happy being treated as second class in my own country? (Are you? Please tell me how because I have not seen or experienced this at all)

Why should I be happy to see my culture destroyed? (What culture does a white Aussie have? Is that football, BBQ’s, freedom and beer?, How is it being ‘destroyed’)

Why should I be tolerant of those who are intolerant of me? (Again, please tell me how immigrants are being intolerant of you)

Why should I be respectful to those who disrespect me? (See above, and replace intolerant with disrespect)

Why should I help those who would not help me? (That’s an easy one! If you’re a humanitarian that cares ‘even just a little bit’ about those less fortunate than you, if you have compassion for those families that will die if they don't leave – then you should help)

Why should I be happy to let people change this country to what suits them? (Again, who is changing the country, and into what? I live in the middle of our biggest city and I’m not seeing it change? & believe me, I notice everything)

Why should we let people in who have no desire to integrate? (Sounds like you don’t give them either time or any understanding to do so - so why should they want to be like you?)

Why shouldn't people have to speak the language? (Just wondering, how many languages do you know? How many years would it take for you to learn one if you have never had an education before?)

I have a question for those who try to take some moral high ground on refugees that I never get a decent answer to. Why are you happy to let someone who has done nothing wrong & been patient, compliant & respectful suffer & die in the place of a criminal who was lucky enough to have 10 of 1000's of $? I'll do you a deal I'll tell the cue jumper that he has to go home, you tell the guy who has been waiting years in line that you just gave his spot to a guy who did the wrong thing, but hay just hang tight when these guys stop pushing in you'll get your turn.

(Complain to your government; ask them that question because they are the ones accepting the money and allow it to happen - Mickierocksman)

P.S just cause I'm white & an Ozzy bogon doesn't make me a racist & I have lived in other countries & suffered "TRUE" racism not the crap half the people here claim.
Ohh he told a racist joke/Ohh he has a southern cross tat/Ohh he has a problem with people calling his wife a slut for wearing a bikini.
Get real come see when they nail your dog to ya front door & we will talk about racism.

(Why did they nail your dog to your door? Further to that, I am certain that many Aussies do just that to the people ‘they don’t want here’ so again, people are not really learning are they? - Mickierocksman)

To end off..... I believe that most of the world is starting to realise that borders should not exist. Millions of people are displaced, many millions more want to move and work around the globe, this is the world we created for ourselves and I don’t see anything wrong with that (except for the wars)

Refugee families (through no fault of their own) must and will leave a war-torn nation in a hope to just survive and want for a better quality of life somewhere else – we should not turn a blind eye and just let these people die.

I for one cannot stand by, nor can I allow or let others believe its ok to let them die…… I do not hate people for coming from a different culture, or if they have a different colour skin.

One day the entire world will just be full of people that are ‘human’ and they all come from the same place that we call earth, if we can’t do that as a species – then we are all doomed to perish under our own misguided sense of what people believe is right for THEMSELFS rather than everyone.
edit on 21/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Stuffed up the 'reply to' oh well, no bother really......

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
media.smh.com.au...

Racist rant filmed on London bus(01:27)
Police are investigating a video that caught a woman yelling at London bus commuters about how she 'hates white people'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Quit moaning and work hard... How many people moaned when whites stole jobs from Africa

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is what Australians have done to Europe for about 15 years, come here and take all our service jobs. It is really good to see it happening to you. Long may it continue.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janadele
media.smh.com.au...

Police are investigating a video that caught a woman yelling at London bus commuters about how she 'hates white people'.

Deep sigh....

I would loose it to if I had to deal with racist whites..... oh wait, I do.

Here is a case of a white woman doing the same thing, she got put away for quite a while thankfully.

news.yahoo.com...

Are people learning yet its not acceptable for anyone to do this?

Mickierocksman
edit on 21/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Edit to add link and scratch my nose.....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
OK, I can't hold back here when it comes to asylum seekers... Answer me this... Asylum seekers pay 10's of 1000's of dollars to get a people smuggler to pretty much send them on a suicide/detention mission... If those people have enough money to pay someone to do that, why don't they just pay to do it the right way?

Now I know it may take a few years to process but it would certainly beat putting your life into the hands of someone who is either going to get you detained or killed... The asylum seekers are not the poor people yous think they are. They are not the poor people your goverment want you too believe... They have the money to pay a criminal, why can't the just pay to do things the right way? Get here freely on a plane, walk through the airport risk free?

They continue to support criminal networks who really don't care whether they get here or not... I have no sympathy for them. If they are prepared to break the law (getting into our country like a mexican crossig the US border), then I dont care what happens to them... They have the money, all they have to do is be patient and they could possibly get here lawfully.

No matter where they come from, their background, their ethnicity, those people have some sort of money.. If they done things the right way, they would be in our country right now and not bumper to bumper o Christmas Island...

Sorry, I have no sympathy for them... They put their children at risk, themselves at risk when they most likely know they will never see the insides of our country. Yet they keep coming, and coming, and coming....

As for the rest of the foreigners who have done things the right way, got visas etc.. Congratulations, enjoy your stay and if your here for good, good luck.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Asylum seekers do not pay 10’s of thousands of dollars, you have been listening to mainstream media again….. some do agree to dowries and some do hand over all money, property and valuables before departing, some don’t pay much at all either and they are the ones that are thrown overboard at the first sign of trouble or just for the hell of it.

They pay every cent, everything they have so they can ESCAPE NOW they don’t have a choice to wait and do it the right way, it takes years as you say, they don't have that amount of time to wait.

Do you think, if you had a family and needed to flee a country quickly that you would not do anything and everything that you could to leave immediately? I know I would.

A chance on a leaky boat is better than no chance at all…. Do you realise how bad it is for them, they are not doing it for fun, they do it to escape death.

Here is a good example: My organisation just paid $10,000 to get an employee’s family out of Syria into Egypt, each day my staff member would come into my office crying saying she has been on the phone to her sister and her family all night and all she could hear is gunshots and explosions in the background.

The family was squatting in a rundown apartment block, hiding in a small room with stuff stacked up around them for protection. If we did not help them escape, they would have died for sure & within a couple of days…… so were we right in helping this family?

Feels right to me, they now have a chance at surviving and the kids may just grow up without a constant fear of death…. But they will never forget and it will affect them for the rest of their lives….. but at least now they have a small chance at peace and freedom.

Don't people like this, families, kids, deserve a chance to have what we have and take for granted?

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Look, I understand the point you have made about the family in Syria.. Fair enough. But the thing with the asylum seekers is that we don't know where they are coming from, whether they are honestly escaping oppression etc, they could be just chancing their arms for all we know...

They have to be paying something to get on them boats. The smugglers wouldn't do it otherwise especially knowing that their lives are at risk also. It would not be a cheap fee anyway. I do not agree about the leaky boat though... Don't they get feedback about others and their unsuccessful journeys? I mean come on, they should know the minute they leave that they are going to be detained and most likely never enter our country.

Is it really worth sitting on an island which is fenced like a prison for the rest of their lives? I think I would rather stay.. Someone must be telling them porkies when they sign up to get shipped over.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Look, I understand the point you have made about the family in Syria.. Fair enough. But the thing with the asylum seekers is that we don't know where they are coming from, whether they are honestly escaping oppression etc, they could be just chancing their arms for all we know...

They have to be paying something to get on them boats. The smugglers wouldn't do it otherwise especially knowing that their lives are at risk also. It would not be a cheap fee anyway. I do not agree about the leaky boat though... Don't they get feedback about others and their unsuccessful journeys? I mean come on, they should know the minute they leave that they are going to be detained and most likely never enter our country.

Is it really worth sitting on an island which is fenced like a prison for the rest of their lives? I think I would rather stay.. Someone must be telling them porkies when they sign up to get shipped over.

You seem like a really nice young Aussie (I don't mean young in a demeaning way - I'm just old and wish I was young again) becauseI like you, I will give you my time (even though I am busy at work today) because I want you to know what's inside my mind.

It's the same point, just a different tune.....

I don’t think it matters where people come from or the reasons for them wanting to risk death to come here, that’s the point – they risk death to come here – that should say a lot to you, I don’t think people would risk their own life’s or that of their families on the ‘off chance’ they may have a slightly better life in Australia.

They see us as a shiny beacon... like 'heaven' if you believe in that stuff.

Yes they do need to pay, but it’s obviously a sliding scale - they would not just say 10K or you don’t go….. It would be like bidding for bargains at a discount store. “5 places left on my boat that leaves in 10 mins – who wants to bid for it?” and 100 families start shouting 'take me, take us please'

Money, possessions, sex…. hell, I have even heard of families giving up one of their children to slave labour just so the rest can survive (could you imagine doing that? As a loving father, I could not even fathom how they feel to do that?)

The reason why you see more men on the boats than women or children is because they are sold a ‘story’ a man thinks he can spend every cent to come here (can't afford for the rest of the family to go) then they think they will get a job (lucky country) a place to live and then send for his family and they wait (forever or until they are killed) meanwhile he is in detention for 5+ years…. and he can’t even send word back to his family to say where he is or if he made it – so the family eventually gives him up for dead.

No, I believe that the people smugglers tell them lies, saying they will reach Australia easily and we will welcome them with open arms (If only we did)

No feedback at all (maybe small rumours) about people not making it, but most don’t have radio, TV or media and the people smugglers are certainly going to paint a lovely picture to them to secure the money or asset.

They are simple people living under a blanket of war, hostility, little to no food or water - most are uneducated, wanting to escape to somewhere, anywhere where it is better….. and some Aussies think that it’s better if they die, and that makes me want to puke.

Sitting on an island, in gaol (because it is) is the most barbaric thing we could do to them and I am ashamed that we do this, I truly am. But when I think about the other possibility – like them, I believe that anywhere that is ‘safe’ for their children where they can have food and clean water is obviously better than where they were and what they were going through.

I don’t think you have your own family yet? But when you do you will know what it means when I say…. you will kill for them and you will die for them in a second to give your kids a small chance at life, even if it is in a detention centre, it’s better than terrible suffering or no life at all.

Think about it from a refugee side, what would you do if you lived in a country that has fallen apart. You have no food, water, home, no education, no job, your confused and all you want is for your wife and kids to be somewhere safe.... you want to see your children smile rather than them crying and hungry..... what would you do for them?

When my children rush at me when I open the door, when my children smile at me because they see and feel my love, when I hold them tight and kiss them goodnight...... I sometimes think about the fathers that look at their children sleeping in the cold dirt, the fathers that know their 5 year old boy saw a man hacked to death today..... and my heart goes out to those fathers, because I am lucky, it could be me.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A more sinister side is the radical Islamic terrorist agenda to infiltrate, populate, and spread their fanatical beliefs.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

A more sinister side is the radical Islamic terrorist agenda to infiltrate, populate, and spread their fanatical beliefs.

Struth..... I see its unsubstantiated fabrications time….

Please provide proof of your claim, or actually any evidence at all….. But please not another circumstantial uneducated raciest viewpoint.

PS: If you replaced the words ‘radical Islamic terrorist’ with the word ‘christian’, then your statement is clearly and profoundly correct

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

media.smh.com.au...

i have worked in areas of england where it really was spot the white man you could cut the racism with a knife there was times where i could have thought i was in the middle east .
In birmingham a shopkeeper was stunned by my politness as he had never heard someone white say please & thank you before ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yes, I know, my impression of Birmingham was similar. I was treated with hostility because I was not wearing a burka. It is sad what has happened to England all because of immigration :-( Many British have fled to Spain, and would like to come to Australia but are being discriminated against in favour of refugees, Africans, and Asians.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Janadele because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Many British have fled to Spain, and would like to come to Australia but are being discriminated against in favour of refugees, Africans, and Asians.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Janadele because: (no reason given)

Just wondering if you will ever back up any of up any of your claims? Even just one?

Once again, please provide proof of your claim, or actually any evidence at all…..

You may link any government document or statement that proves Australia is favouring other countries and not accepting as many Brits.

Until then, your statement is worthless, along with all the others.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
I saw a guy selling units north of Brissy to a Singapore family & 1 of things that got me was he how they were heavily advertising this place in Singapore with the notion that at least 40% would only be sold to singaporeans & with such a large number of them in business in the area they would all have good job prospects for them & their kids as their fellow countrymen would hire them over an Aussie any day, and how they could make it just like their little Singapore not have to worry about english or differant food. That disgusted me to no end as does the one sided media portrayal of racism & refugees in this country.

You sure you saw and heard that? I bet that guy is a very poor salesman not understanding his target customers at all.

Just to clarify English is the 1st language in Singapore and Singaporeans use it daily to communicate. All textbooks in Singapore schools are in English. A 2nd language is taught and everyone is free to choose from Chinese, Malay or Tamil as Singapore is a multicultural nation mainly of Chinese/Malay/Indian races. You can even choose a 3rd language if you want to like Spanish, German, French, etc. In fact one of the reasons Singaporeans choose to migrate to Australia is because English is commonly spoken. Other reason is the proximity to Singapore.

As for food, Singapore has about 3.5 million citizens mainly of the races I mentioned above plus 1.5 million foreigners and permanant residents from all over the world; as such you can find all sorts of food in Singapore. Yes even Western crusine that you have in Australia, it can be found everywhere on the little island.

Perhaps the salesman was confused between Singapore and China.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Mickierocksman , I return to you all of your insults with interest

I have been told personally by many British and American Anglo-Saxon / Caucasians that their applications to migrate to Australia have been rejected.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join