It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros has been revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As a large shareholder of the once infamous Facebook.

I state once infamous as the worst thing any company can do is go public. Zuckerberg should have stayed the course on the subjects he knew all to well instead of offering the second highest IPO in our history next to VISA, allowing the bigwigs to swoon and croon him into the loss of tens of Millions of dollars. "Soros takes Zuckerberg and rests his hand on his shoulder, and points to the sky and says, "I love watching it crash and burn". That is precisely what Facebook did today closing at $20.38/share, that is a 5.65% loss. I said it 3 years ago when Zuckerberg first posted that he wanted to go public and offer an IPO. I said it would kill his company. OF course the bigwigs wanted in on the action. I mean who is going to let a 26 years old kid run a multi-billion dollar corporation on his own? NO ONE, thats who. Now I find out George Soros is a major Shareholder with 341.000 shares of Facebook, Currently valued at just under 7 Million, if he bought in during the peak, he would have paid over 14 million. an overall 50% loss. since the IPO of around 40$

Soros and facebook

In related news Warren buffet exits INTEL and buys 10.7 Million of IBM!
edit on 14-8-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
I state once infamous as the worst thing any company can do is go public.

Years ago I used to work for a medium sized computer company. Solid company. Growing company. Years of solid business behind it.
In July one year they went public. Their previous years of good business meant that they were instantly flood with cash. And they spent it. A local magazine touted the owner of the company as "businessman of the year".

Seven months later, February, bankrupt, the recievers had moved in and I was watching the company car I used be towed away, reposessed. We all, every one of us, were let go as the company shut down forever.

We were just lucky they put enough money aside to pay us retrenchment payouts.

edit on 15-8-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Please forgive me, and I'm willing to take an off-topic penalty, but when I saw the headline "George Soros has been revealed" I reached for the largest bottle of eye bleach in the house.

new topics

join