It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male poses danger to children on Virgin Flight?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow. Moderated. I kinda wish the lipstick comment was still up, I lold.

Uh, on topic. I'm kinda just arguing for the sake of arguing again. I don't think the policy makes much sense, but I don't think it's some anti man agenda. I'm just feeling argumentative and my dog isn't talking to me right now. He's still pissed about the laser pointer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Haha. He says to embrace the policy that says he as a male is deemed a pedophile upon arrival.

So therefore he is agreeing that in fact he is a pedophile.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by magma

Abuse is abuse, wow. Please do not procreate and if you already have I hope your children are being raised by someone with some sense.

Abuse is abuse. What part of that do you not understand?

Wow

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by magma

Haha. He says to embrace the policy that says he as a male is deemed a pedophile upon arrival.

If you use my name as a header show decency and please include quoted text

Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Haven't you heard? Abuse against men is legal and is encouraged now.

We had a meeting about that last week lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

The part where apparently you think rape is equal to beating a child.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
ATTENTION

The subject of this thread is "Male poses danger to children on Virgin Flight?"

Please keep all posts and comments directed at the OP topic or to whatever closely related side steps that normal discourse might allow.

Thanks,

Hefficide
ATS Moderator
edit on 8/15/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

I did noy say nor imply that

Your interpretation of abuse is where the problem resides. But you are not alone.

You really should research abuse and all the things that constitute it. You will be very surprised at what you find.

edit on 15-8-2012 by magma because: spell

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

reply to post by magma

Thanks

Ooo im soooo scared. Hahahahaha. I thought u were on my side. Now u made my list...

I replied to what you said. That's why they have the reply to button and not just the quote button.

But I did it JUST for you

On topic... virgin airlines is a joke and I will not fly with them in my future if im being stereotyped as being a pedophile.

My mistake sometimes reply to ommits the full pic

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Thanks

Ooo im soooo scared. Hahahahaha. I thought u were on my side. Now u made my list...

I replied to what you said. That's why they have the reply to button and not just the quote button.

But I did it JUST for you

On topic... virgin airlines is a joke and I will not fly with them in my future if im being stereotyped as being a pedophile.

My mistake sometimes reply to ommits the full picture

And I have never like virgin airlines because hey have sold their image on sexy hostess

Oh the irony

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

well were and how could somebody molest a child on a plane ,there would only be the toilets and i am sure somebody would see a child been forced in to the toilets

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

*scratches head* Was that an apology?

If it was then I take back my rude post.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Your interpretation of abuse is where the problem resides. But you are not alone.

You really should research abuse and all the things that constitute it. You will be very surprised at what you find.

Oh wait, no, I am wrong. My example actually makes you look a little better. What you actually implied was that any emotional issues a child may face as a result of a custody battle is as severe as sexual abuse. You said abuse is abuse, thus implying all abuse is equal. What constitutes abuse is irrelevant because im talking about a very specific type of abuse that there is zero grey area for. You are talking about perceived abuse which holds no water unless a child sees a psychologist. So even if the definition of abuse is up for discussion, your end has the problems, not mine.
edit on 15-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

*scratches head* Was that an apology?

If it was then I take back my rude post.

Yes it was

My mistake

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Mistake accepted.

I deleted the mean post.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Oh wait, no, I am wrong. My example actually makes you look a little better. What you actually implied was that any emotional issues a child may face as a result of a custody battle is as severe as sexually abusing a child. You said abuse is abuse, thus implying all abuse is equal. What constitutes abuse is irrelevant because im talking about a very specific type of abuse that there is zero grey area for. You are talking about perceived abuse which holds no water unless a child sees a psychologist. So even if the definition of abuse is up for discussion, your end has the problems, not mine.

A child is a child and abuse is abuse.

The child does not know, understand or rationalise trauma

It just is. Severity is determined by the adults.

Whilst the law says molestation is worse than custody trauma,in the childs eyes it may in fact be the same emotional outcome for the child

Of course molestation is a very serious and disgusting invasion, the child may not be able to rationalise it until they realise through adult intervention that it is bad.

So as a father and a person who respects other people, any form of abuse is wrongn regardless of the severity

I trust this Post clears that up and I am sorry for the confusion

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Whilst the law says molestation is worse than custody trauma,in the childs eyes it may in fact be the same emotional outcome for the child

Of course molestation is a very serious and disgusting invasion, the child may not be able to rationalise it until they realise through adult intervention that it is bad.

So as a father and a person who respects other people, any form of abuse is wrongn regardless of the severity

No sir, not at all. You are only thinking about the repercussions it would have on the child now. People do not magically forget abuse after they grow up, in most cases it severely affects them for the rest of their lives if there is no intervention through counseling. A child witnessing a custody battle and maybe having a parent ripped away from them as a result will experience some trauma. But the long term effects of that memory will be less severe, especially if they are able to reconcile the situation with both parents later in life, than it will be for someone who was sexually abused. That type of violation takes a toll, mentally and emotionally, its really hard for them to form normal healthy relationships later in life. That's with counseling.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

No sir, not at all. You are only thinking about the repercussions it would have on the child now. People do not magically forget abuse after they grow up, in most cases it severely affects them for the rest of their lives if there is no intervention through counseling. A child witnessing a custody battle and maybe having a parent ripped away from them as a result will experience some trauma. But the long term effects of that memory will be less severe, especially if they are able to reconcile the situation with both parents later in life, than it will be for someone who was sexually abused. That type of violation takes a toll, mentally and emotionally, its really hard for them to form normal healthy relationships later in life. That's with counseling.

You can not say that all children experience trauma and recover according to the perceived severity of abuse
One child may lose a much loved toy and that has an effect. This in no way is to negate the severity of molestation
On topic and if men are victimised because of a stereotype minority, then it really needs to be adressed.
In parting, abuse is abuse and no abuse isthe desired outcome.
The guy on the virgin plane was a victim of abuse
edit on 15-8-2012 by magma because: oops

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Lol, now being sexually abused is akin to losing a toy, wow. You obviously do not understand the things people who are raped go through, its rough even for adults, especially if it happens by someone that earned their trust. On topic, no one was being victimized by this policy. Men were not kicked off of airplanes because they were seated next to a child, just asked to switch seats. That is completely harmless and I feel like any reasonable person would acquiesce. The numbers don't lie, men are more likely to commit sexual and violent crimes across the board. I mean men pay more for auto insurance because the numbers say they are more likely to drive recklessly. Is that discrimination to? Or just looking at the reality of the situation and adjusting things accordingly?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join