It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male poses danger to children on Virgin Flight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

so then why does most of the accounts of rape come from somebody the victim knows...

I've said that a number of times in the thread. It's still usually a male.

I don't hate men, I'm just aware they commit the majority of these crimes.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If you would have read it right it says "Child abuse" not "sexual abuse".

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

That type of thinking is ok when it is just affecting you. But if you are a parent, your kids will be affected by who you trust to be around them. If you do not know someone that well its probably not a good idea to let them interact with your kids beyond maybe pleasantries or something. I mean you don't have to be rude about it. In the case of the airline, it makes perfect sense for them to have this measure. If anything happens to a child while it is in their custody they are liable. So to minimize the risk of something happening they created a policy to prohibit men from sitting next to children because they are more likely to be abusers.

but its stupid because how the hell could they abuse a child on a bloody plane even if it was a pedo that sat next to them he could not do anything on a plane

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The tiny percentage compared to men that are in prison?

but how do you know the woman sitting next your kid isnt part of this percentage?

If youre going to be playing it extra safe then its illogical to pass over something because its a lesser number. Its still significant therefore it can be rationalized as a threat. Women often aren't taken seriously as being suspects in various crimes in our society and how many times have we had people say various criminals like murderers seemed like the nicest people and they never thought they would be the kind of person to do this or that?

again a better perspective is needed if we are going to go down this route

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I guess this plane was only a 3 seater hahah.

What about the person across the aisle that is shoulder distance away. I guess it is probably a guy and he is in on it.

People are amusing arent they?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I agree with you to a certain extent. I also think that just having a female sit next to the little bastards is safer and a rather easy fix. I don't understand why anyone would even want to sit next to a kid. Give me that free seat change!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

No, it was not just about child abuse. Here is what happened, first this was written:

No, not really. Straight men are the most likely to molest children. Boys or girls. They are usually family or friends. Props on getting to the second page before replying though!

And this was the response:

The reality is women can be just as sick as men. Dragging men through custody battles and courts is child abuse. Women just do it all in a more secretive way.

To respond to something pointing out straight men are more likely to molest children and start it off with "women can be just as sick as men" clearly implies that you are putting the two on equal footing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

TRUE try 13 being bailed up in the phone box by a 22 year old female. man she trying to kiss me and feel me. I just brushed it off even know I didn't like it.

But come to think of it yes I felt molested by her.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

Why couldn't he? What makes an airplane an unlikely place for someone to sexually abuse a child?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Ive had a similar experience..

But have you gone to tell the authorities about it?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

The reality is that men are more likelt to molest kids. Especially when the child is a stranger. You think women in custody disputes are the only one hurting the child? What about the men? Also thats a different topic.

Statistically men are proven to be most likely to molest children. This is because they got caught. So you have made your point. Women offend and are less likely to get caught. This is because of the the social acceptance of the women. The truth is probably too shocking for you and the general population to digest.

The on topic discussion is about stereotyping of men, relating to a policy by Virgin. When you accept the fact that men and women are equal, your angst will subside.
edit on 15-8-2012 by magma because: spell

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Men and women are not equal. Men molest kids more often. Check out the UCR. Stats wise, men are more likely to offend. If anything you should embrace the policy if youre a guy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Oh but we are equal. Just women get more rights than men it seems in todays age.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Men and women are not equal. Men molest kids more often. Check out the UCR. Stats wise, men are more likely to offend. If anything you should embrace the policy if youre a guy.

Where I come from and in my world men and women are equal. It is arcane thought and policy that attempts to seperate.

- am sorry that you do not view equality.

I am not embracing a policy that clearly discriminates against anyone.

And once again stats suggest men molest more than women. And once again that is because they were caught

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join