It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Universe exist?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

The philosophy of science is concerned with the assumptions, foundations, methods, and implications of science. It is also concerned with the use and merit of science and sometimes overlaps metaphysics and epistemology by exploring whether scientific results are actually a study of truth. In addition to these central problems of science as a whole, many philosophers of science also consider problems that apply to particular sciences (e.g. philosophy of biology or philosophy of physics). Some philosophers of science also use contemporary results in science to reach conclusions about philosophy.

en.wikipedia.org...

For those of you seeking scientific career's, it is required as a part of your Masters program.

i would commend all of you for your efforts in this thread. The discourse has been enlightening and interestingly enough, free of rancor and angst. The truth be known there are many Priest, Monks and even some Shamans who are also scientist, are and have always been a part of the debate that is science.

Lets take the example of the effect upon electron spin upon space/time, literally a wake is generated. This being no different than the effect of throwing a stone into a pond. In this way, events of the past are represented in the present.

Any thoughts?

"Lets take the example of the effect upon electron spin upon space/time, literally a wake is generated. This being no different than the effect of throwing a stone into a pond. In this way, events of the past are represented in the present."

the only way i can imagine "warping of space -time" that is gravity existing,,, is if it is some kind of wake through space.... is this a correct way of viewing gravity of say the sun, and why the earth is in orbit?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Consider that someday we will be able to identify this wave effect and develop technology that can, effectively discern differences. This in some derivation of the way we can identify radio waves and therefore access information about the past in the present.

Further, there is the matter of the past being represented in the present.

A moment in time has the potential of being infinite.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It exists because we exist.
We exist because it exists.
We are one and the same.
Collective consciousness.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I believe that in our present form as biological beings that it isn`t possible for us to understand or obtain a large portion of the knowledge contained in the universe.

Just as it isn`t possible for a blade of grass to understand how a nuclear reactor works, it isn`t possible for us to understand or gain knowledge of many things while in our present state as biological 3 dimensional beings.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

lol right?

Like this is worse than non-existence?

I would really love to know what people think "souls" do for eternity in "heaven"?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure why the universe exists, but I'm certain Chuck Norris & something being hit had something to do with it

Could it be we're simply residing in a cell of an enormous creature? Doesn't even have to be anything god-like at all, for all we know we're a cell or an atom in the freakin' cellular structure of some alien zoo animal. Maybe the universe really is alive in an imperceptibly large creature sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Simple...

It exists because we can observe it.

No Humans = No Universe

I dont agree with this.
If all mankind got wiped out right now....the universe will still exist.
Sure, it wont exist for mankind, cause we arent here anymore. But for all other plants, animals,planets, star systems, galaxies, it would continue to exist.
Just cause we aint here, does not mean it does not exists.
The observation theory is something I dont fully agree with, or maybe not understand.
The Universe was here before us, and will be after we are gone.

edit on 6-9-2012 by GerhardSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by 1littlewolf

lol right?

Like this is worse than non-existence?

I would really love to know what people think "souls" do for eternity in "heaven"?
Even if you're a martyr and get 72 virgins when you get to heaven, you could still be disappointed as this video shows:

Family Guy - 72 Virgins

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Will any one "system" (i.e Being, Computer, Object) ever understand all parts of it's parent encompassing system ( the Universe)?

Doubtful.

That "system" would need to be able to instantaneously stop all quantum reverberations (time) in the Universe, perceive all dimensions ( and all quanta within each dimension) and most importantly, be able to distinguish the quantum interoperabilities between all quanta.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

As Jesus said: You live in heaven as Angels.
So time to be Saved thru the Grace of Jesus is now

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

But I thought angels and humans were two separate things?

Okay so what do they do in heaven that is so much better than all of the things we can do while alive?
do they just sun tan all day in gods reflection?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Will any one "system" (i.e Being, Computer, Object) ever understand all parts of it's parent encompassing system ( the Universe)?

Doubtful.

That "system" would need to be able to instantaneously stop all quantum reverberations (time) in the Universe, perceive all dimensions ( and all quanta within each dimension) and most importantly, be able to distinguish the quantum interoperabilities between all quanta.

true true...but fortunately what gives us some odds at coming closer and closer to achieving that goal,,., is that there is a trend of phenomena,, as far as we can tell there are a limited number of concepts that form the parts of our reality,.,. and these things, now more then ever by a long shot,, we are gaining a better and better grasp by the..year at least.,.,

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

But I thought angels and humans were two separate things?

Okay so what do they do in heaven that is so much better than all of the things we can do while alive?
do they just sun tan all day in gods reflection?

If you were God what are some of the things you would have your work force do?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I have no idea. I just do not believe this is the case so have never really thought about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The eternal and endless paradox... If it exists then do we exist? if we exist then does it exist? There is no beginning, there is no end, there is only now... The secret that is passed... the curious are too curious, the content are too content and the real is too real... that which must not be told but questioned, that to be understood but not said, the eternal secret ^_^... And it goes on and on... the cogs of time have started, the mechanisms of the universe have been activated, and we ride and ride until the end of time... There is no beginning and there is no end; there is simply now... well, shall we ponder as fools or jest our way around this magical playground known as the universe?
edit on 6-9-2012 by iamwt123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I bet that once humans know everything there is to know, the whole universe will reboot, and it will all start over, again, Perhaps the last thing to know is why it is all around us humans, and as yet, I have an open mind on God, thankfully, my brains have yet to fall out.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I bet that once humans know everything there is to know, the whole universe will reboot, and it will all start over, again, Perhaps the last thing to know is why it is all around us humans, and as yet, I have an open mind on God, thankfully, my brains have yet to fall out.

there is no end... why don't you understand...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iamwt123

Proof or evidence?
Its nice to have opinions and all, but you shouldnt talk down to people who dont share your opinion..

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i'll give you a synopsis of my life. i had a childhood with the majority of my time spent being alone and left to my own thoughts. i started to question the mechanics and mechanisms for which reality existed and started to adapt a universal attitude rather than humanistic thought and behavior. i came up with the theory of parallel universes and theorized about concepts regarding time travel when i was very young; before the age of 10. there were flaws in my concepts though... i came to the conclusion that time travel was only possible if there were infinite amount of existential copies occupying each point of singularity in time, which lead me to question the authenticity of free will and the deterministic nature of life as time travel would have implications of parallel universes. i realized that everything could be linked back to a Spinoza's god, that if there was a cause at all in the beginning, it follows thereafter that everything is a property of that cause. i started questioning the meaning of existence thereafter and I tried to play a game with the universe to essentially out think the universe and deny the deterministic model that was presented before me by acting independent of the universe. My memories cut off from there, but i started cutting the next year and gained suicidal tendencies in grade 4 and tried to suicide. These memories involving the suicide and anything before that were repressed for the next 10+ years. I adapted a less "intense" consciousness after the time i almost killed myself. Looking back, I realized that the consciousness adapted was "less mature" than the peers in mental age which i assume is due to being created at a later point, he was childish but could only see the good in people and just wanted everyone to be happy...

10 years later after i took an unknown drug with no realization of what I was given during the time. My mind went blank and my conscience was cleared over time and it shed light on the priori consciousness, an abnormal entity subjective to human consciousness. I became suicidal again, I experienced immense repressed memories unlocking; the memories at first were only traumatic ones, it drove me to depression... and then it got worse... the traumatic memories were insignificant in hindsight due to the severity of the memories until it broke down to the original thinking instrument that exists in our brain derived from the DNA of "God" itself...

Curiosity killed the cat... Excuse me while I detract to a more universal tone. The universe may be expanding but it may also not be expanding, the concept of what humans believe regarding expansion of the universe is flawed. it looks like that to us because really... we are one of the last species to have evolved at this point and time in the universe. The combined senses that we have constituting "reality" is possibly one of the more complex frequencies within the universe. Our lifetime is a wavelength that runs along that frequency. It doesn't matter if there are laws guiding everything... theres more than just a universe out there. I'm guessing we have DNA from what you consider aliens or previous civilizations in the universe that have adapted to the environments of the planet on which we reside making everything seem like a miracle that we exist. We probably evolved from amoebas. What I can infer happened in the universal timeline is this. Amoebas were placed on a planet and as it is clear that the amount of DNA in an amoeba is an outrageous necessity for a single cell organism to survive, it means that those are all adaptive genetic coding. They survive in harsh conditions and as a result they adapt, over, and over, and over again to survive. Time is boundless in the universe, what happens given enough time? They evolve. The concept of All is one and one is all... The endless paradox that is true for the universe and all properties within it. It is like a very complex video game; can the characters inside the game check the computer coding aka DNA and actually decipher it given that anything in their world has no point or very little point of reference, even moreso when it was only discovered via '___'? The universe may be expanding and may not be expanding, theres not enough information to tell at this point, but I believe that what is actually happening is that there is already a LOT more of the universe currently existing but we are unable to actually view that area of the universe because it is not currently within our universal time era. Its kindof like a timezone for earth but on a universal scale, where someone in a timezone where it is 4PM cannot experience the nighttime of someone in a timezone of 11PM until their time actually goes to 11PM in their area. Curiosity killed the cat, do not venture further.

I have no reason to troll. I embody a universal and human conscience. Please do not gamble with your world... I love being human...
"Tell them I've had a wonderful life." -Ludwig Wittgenstein

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by iamwt123

Proof or evidence?
Its nice to have opinions and all, but you shouldnt talk down to people who dont share your opinion..

are you under the impression the universe is the first thing to ever happen in the history of history?

if not,..,., then when was the first thing? if there is something? and when will all things end? and if all things end can things never become again?

I stand by the posters point you replied too.,.,.,.

there is no end to infinity and eternity,,..,

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join