It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Universe exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

In esoteric thought, the concept of zero is treated similarly. There can be nothing. NOthing can not exist. Once you recognize it as "nothing" then you have a quantity something, which you choose to call "nothing".

similarly, there cannot be 1 with other. It is like a triangulation going on between 0, 1, and 2. I can observe nothing, and make it something. But without another to observe me, how can i be certain that I am something other than just nothing? What defines 1, without other?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Your first mistake is to assume that gods or a god created the universe. From my limited understanding of quantum mechanics, the Universe exists because it must. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, right? Well, If there is nothing, a void, there has to be something. We are the outcome of the equal and opposite reaction from nothing! If you look into the quantum world, particles pop in and out of existence all the time, who is to say our universe isn't a particle that popped into existence? To an observer it would seem instantaneous, inside that particle universe, it could be billions of years. Time is relative, after all.

Just my 2 cents!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
why? because Jackie Chan needed to make his movies. So in order for Jackie to make his movies he needed to exist and in order for Jackie to exist everything else needed and needs to exist. In the Future, God knows when, there will be another actor similiar to Jackie Chan. So in order for that Future "Jackie" to exist we are needed to exist and everything we do and everything the Universe does will decide wether or not Future Jackie will exist.

So if you guys want Future Jackie then you better make the right choices becuase one little mistake from our actions, or the Universe actions, can cease Future Jackie to not exist at all.

BUT THEN AGAIN.... our little mistakes could be what made Jackie Chan in the First Place. So in a way things worked out for Jackie.

Hope i made myself clear
edit on 15-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Dear ManFromEurope,

Please STOP talking about quantum physics. Just stop. You are talking about something completely different from what the physicians are talking. It gets worse this year I am sure - I have already seen books with titles like "quantum medicine". You don't understand the physics and are therefore entitled to give it a completely new, not-physical spin, right? No. Call it "chi" or "umpf" or whatever, but leave the innocent quantums out of the spiritual.

"Physicians" no, physicists. Do you have any idea what the Large Hadron Collider is for and what they are attempting to discover? Do you have any idea why quantum entanglement is spooky and bizarre? As for spiritual, the OP asked a question and he put it out for spiritual and non-spiritual answers. I gave mine and I will determine what includes not you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Dear Murgatoid,

Thanks for the links and imbeds. I am a big science promoter and love how non-quantum physics has allowed us to do so many amazing things. Quantum physics shows the limits of our understanding; however, I do not believe science can be used to prove or disprove the existence of God. I also believe that Darwinism tells us quite a lot about how species progress; but, not how they evolve from one to another. What bothers me is people's ignorance in thinking that science holds all the answers when scientists themselves say they only have more questions.

In the end, I don't think science should attempt to disprove what it cannot nor do I believe religion should attempt to disprove science. I think both fields should be as intellectually honest as possible. Peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Your question prefexed by "why" makes a presupposition that there is a purpose to the universe......

.....that is a human desire to express such a wonder in that fashion.......

..............however.........

A more distrubing thought is the fact that just because we have the ablity to ask "why" does not necessarily mean that an answer exists................

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Let me just first mention that I have read every post prior to my last response

The possibility exist that emotion what, to us is a subjective experience upon some fundamental level is objective. While proving that is another story the complexity of reality as a whole, I feel such a possibility should not be excluded. With respect to the "challenge"I would point out that observed, are quasars that are apparently 28 billion light years from here.

The known Universe is about 13.7 billion years old but that is not how large it is, estimates range to a sphere,approximately 185 billion light years in circumference. We can only see to 13.7 billion light
years because, that is how old the Universe is, so that is far we can see.

Consciousness need not necessarily be restricted to its ability to perceive. That after all is what we are doing, we are using technology, based upon what we understand to be possible, to understand our surroundings.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but in effect such limitations could in consideration. Be some equivalent to four blind men, approaching and elephant from four different angles, then asked to describe what an elephant was?

The question of consideration to the idea that quantum mechanics has something to do with consciousness is not new. The idea that what we are capable of perceiving of reality is inconsistent to quantum mechanics. Could very well suggest that. Our inherent capacity to perceive is more related to survival, that to the intricacies of how we are structured.

Let me also point out that a quantum fluctuation is a variable that is consistent with a black hole interacting with another one. After all black holes contain matter, presumably in a some kind of stasis. Perhaps until the black hole it is inside, interacts with another.

Any thoughts?

edit on 15-8-2012 by Kashai because: added content

edit on 15-8-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

edit on 15-8-2012 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In my signature, there is a link to my theory of existence. I explain the quantum mechanics of the Bible by the Axioms we know today. If you look at my past threads, you will see the last 10 or so devoted to the subject. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

ONE of the reasons that THIS universe exists is because when the
phrase: "Positive, Negative, Neutral" is anagrammed you will get:
"It gave Universe potential"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

A rather interesting point to the Bible is in respect to Ezequiel where God presents that his army would return the Israelites to the promised land. That is where Israelites today have a country and it is because of the United forces of the world organized after WW 2.

Yes 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons make up a carbon atom and everything from tree's to humans are made of carbon. Offering potentially that, nature itself is a threat to humanity, especially given if we threaten the survival of how we originated.

IMO an interesting point to the Anti-Christ is the potential that it is mankind.

Any thoughts?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Kashai because: Modified content

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks
reply to post by Kashai

ONE of the reasons that THIS universe exists is because when the
phrase: "Positive, Negative, Neutral" is anagrammed you will get:
"It gave Universe potential"

Fundementally that is very logical.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it's difficult for humans to comprehend a definite beginning and an end to the universe, because in our sphere of life, everything has a beginning and an end. Plants, animals, friends, concrete even wont last forever. Im not saying I believe this to be exact, but perhaps the universe has and always will exist?

edit on 15-8-2012 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

In the context of the multiverse we do perpetually exist....probability suggest we as we know ourselves, to exist perpetually.

This in the context of Parallel Universes outside our own.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I used to loath the song by the Rolling Stones linked below. What I have come to realize is that we are all the Beast in a way. Jagger said it himself. The song was about his idea that Lucifer is actually the one doing the damage. In every case, it is a human wearing Satan's will to take. God's will is to give and receive only. Will there be a final Beast? I think so. The beast must be overcome individually, nationally and globally. One final Beast my arise, but the final Beast kingdom is already here. It is the system of trade based on fossil fuel (Carbon). No nation can purchase anything apart from the energy to drive their technology (Fruit of Knowledge). Babylon is the system of commerce, but the Mystery School Religion (Cult of Reason) is the Mystery of Babylon. It will be destroyed and mankind will be free. What is the sign of this happening?

When Jesus entered the temple on Passover, he overturned the tables of the moneychangers and the benches of the ones selling Doves. Doves are peace and benches are for rest. Do the peace peddlers have any rest? No, because their tables are turned. What did they use to pay for peace? Petrol Dollars. The tables (Financial Balance Sheets) are turned to debt. Has Christ entered the Temple?

Originally posted by Kashai

A rather interesting point to the Bible is in respect to Ezequiel where God presents that his army would return the Israelites to the promised land. That is where Israelites today have a country and it is because of the United forces of the world organized after WW 2.

Yes 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons make up a carbon atom and everything from tree's to humans are made of carbon. Offering potentially that, nature itself is a threat to humanity, especially given if we threaten the survival of how we originated.

IMO an interesting point to the Anti-Christ is the potential that it is mankind.

Any thoughts?

edit on 15-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There actually are Roman and Greek gods that were alleged to raise the dead, so why could they not acknowledge Jesus? Could it have been that from the perspective of the resident authority of the time,
there was no way a person of Jewish decent, could possibly be able to do the same thing??

The old testament makes clear that God understand that his son would be sacrificed, could it be because God knew mankind would react this way? No way a particular race creed or color could be capable of being in Gods graces? What is then implied in respect to Revelations and Gods wrath, for a son who died ,because he was rejected, because of who he descended from???

Creation is subject to interpretation as are ancient writings.....

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

LISTEN CAREFULLY....

Why don't you pray to God and ask him personally? He'll show you. Everything is just energy. It's a beautiful universe that God has created for us to enjoy. Cuz he loves us and he wants us to do exactly what you've done. Look up into the stars at night and wonder what a powerful God could create all this just for us to enjoy. But he wants us to get to know him too. You just got to decide that you want to do that. The more you reach out to him, the more he'll reach out to you. Eventually you'll get to know him. You'll understand him. You'll realize he's the only one in the whole universe who's got your back. You can't even rely on yourself as you're bound to make mistakes. But he won't make any and he'll always be there watching over you. But again it helps if you get to know him. If you just know about him and don't really build a relationship with him it's not the same thing. You want to invite him into your life. Any being that can hold the universe in his hand is worth getting to know. Is worth inviting into your life. Just think about the power in that. Think about the security in that. Knowing that you don't even fear death anymore cuz you know where you came from and also where you're going when you die. It's got a good sleep factor. He's a loving God. He loves you. He created you in your mothers womb. He knows you better than you know yourself. He wants to be your friend and your closest alie in life. You just got to reach out to him. It's your ultimate number one highest priority calling in life to get to know your creator. The easiest way to do that is just to pick up a bible and start reading. And make it a habit to pray at night before you got to sleep. That's all you have to do. Right away he'll start to show you things. He'll show you who he is very quickly. It's the best experience life has to offer, over career, loved ones, travel, or anything in life, knowing God is the best time you'll ever have as you'll know you've finally made it and understand what this thing we call the universe and our lives are all about. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Being trained in Tummo allows human beings to to survive conditions that kill humans who are not trained in the methodology that is Tummo.

That is a for lack of a better term a quantum difference that has been verified by western scientist....Had humans throughout the world had been trained in Tummo, what would that do to the clothing industry???

There is more to God than the Holy Bible, fundamentally all religion that preach love acknowledge very similar things.

It is apparent in every respect that creation is beyond our physical senses... with the proper training we can cross Antarctic, wearing only a thin silk cover.

Implied is a physics that is the subject of this discussion

Any thoughts?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

edit on 16-8-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

edit on 16-8-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

One cannot understand how God created the universe using such inferior methodology as humans currently have in their arena of understanding. To answer the question as to why the universe was created, that is simple. It was created to give Glory to the Creator. See, if you existed, just existed, and there was nothing, but you alone had power to change everything, than you would want things to be an expression of you, different parts of you, and eventually just have it all be about you. It would be best that way. Eventually though I do think you would find new forms of fulfillment than just creating things. Seeing what you create, and the ramifications of that could bring both joy and great pain. Anyway, the answer in my opinion is still simple. The creator created everything to eventually give himself Glory.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
anyone see this?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If God created the Universe

What if the linear experience of space and time is the unfolding of the process of how God was created? In a temporal sense God doesn't exist yet, but on the transcendent plane God always existed as space and time don't exist in that eternal state. So chicken and the egg came first.

*puff puff pass*

The issue with an atemporally emergent God is that by definition, He would be in competition with Himself for primacy (and by the same process there would end up being infinite numbers of Him. Watch the movie "Primer" for an explanation of why this would be the case).

God, as revealed in the Bible is both uncreated and primary. There is no other God (or instance) above Him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join