It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Universe exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oystermon
Well there aculy is strong evidence that suggests inside every black hole is another universe.
Please cite this strong evidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
the universe exists because it always has...
majority of matter in the universe is just over 13 billion years old
the universe that contains that matter has been around FOREVER!
there may have been matter in the universe long before the matter we know today (pre-big bang)

but the incredible and only recently discovered "dark energy" may have ripped it all apart long before the big bang...
its possible the big bang from 13billion+ years ago is not the first in this universes history!
and it may not be the last...
as we speak the force of "dark energy" is...
pulling galaxy's apart and pulling star clusters apart
until there is nothing left to pull apart... including atoms!

then when its all pulled apart... and there is no matter left in the universe...
somewhere a "singularity" a point of infinite energy...
bursts from the size off a electron to the size of our sun in 1billionth of a second

that is right the big bang travelled faster than the SPEED OF LIGHT!
but in this early stage of the universe there was no matter to slow down its growth to sub-light speed
it was pure energy...and as Einstein says "nothing can travel faster than light"
energy is nothing so CAN evade the speed barrier
then the first neutrons and protons formed in early universe and its growth slowed down
this was thanks to the speed barrier of matter (SOL)
and gravity...
but.... now it has been discovered that the universe is actually speeding up in its growth
I believe now the universe is "middle-aged" and its gravity isn't as strong as in the early years
and eventually dark energy will overcome any gravitational energy that is left in the universe
pull it all apart and end it ...... (for now at least until matter restarts again with the next big bang)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I wonder if people will stick it out to try and answer this one or cop out and rely on some type of AI...

without curiosity there is no purpose

without purpose there is no curiosity

Changing order indicates intelligence.

Changing intelligence indicates order.

I wonder what Tom Cruise would say about this?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Wow that makes me think alil diffirent on the whole infitly large and small concept... I enjoy being perplexed if it goes against my beliefs or thinking.

Good argument.

I will try to formulate a rebuttal.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Ok let me make very clear that I am not looking here for easy answers, what I am interested in seeing are specifics. If God created the Universe then what were the Physics involved, if if it all happened by chance and again I am looking for specifics.

Good luck with specifics. The birth of the universe, by definition, can not be explained with conventional physics, because the laws of physics are dictated by the universe we are in. simply put, the laws of physics didn't "start" until a few billionths of a second after the big bang, or big crunch, or whatever you want to call it.

One of the ideas I've heard, probably from Brian Greene or Stephen Hawking, is the multiverse theory, our universe is merely 1 of an infinite amount of universes, close together if not ontop of each other, in a larger universal plane.

This universe, the one we are in, exists because it was merely 1 of an infinite amount of variations.

Why does this universe exist as it does would be a better question, and if you followed the theory above, that's because every possible combination of variables has played out.

This one supports our type of life, there fore we are here.

As for time. Time has been proven to be relative to the observer. Mass, speed, these things can manipulate time, this isn't some esoteric notion, it's a proven fact, the faster you go, the slower time passes for you while passing normally for those not travelling at your speed.

So, it could very well be possible that the entire life span of our universe is, in reality, merely a blip in another

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
To someone who is born blind, the universe doesn't exist only their feelings do.
The people who can see only have a very limited way of seeing and they haven't seen the universe yet.
How can you know why something exists if you have never even seen it before?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Why does the Universe exist?

Congratulations

Because that means that you have discovered what you are.

I haven't discovered what I am.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What if life was seeded throughout the universe by an advanced extraterrestrial civilization? A civilization so advanced that it can manipulate space and time. Basically making them seem god like? Our universe is one of possibly countless numbers. My question is what is beyond the edge of our universe. What is out there in the darkness of empty space. Does the universe just end or is it endless?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Kashai

Dear Kashai,

Love your avatar, the fourth dimension if there is one.

Ok let me make very clear that I am not looking here for easy answers, what I am interested in seeing are specifics. If God created the Universe then what were the Physics involved, if if it all happened by chance and again I am looking for specifics.

The physics involved are quantum, they go beyond matter; but, not beyond consciousness. I believe matter and this universe are more fractal. That is to say that they are apparent physical manifestations of consciousness. The thought created the image. Quantum physics has yet to explain matter or why gravity works, yet, we have spent billions to do so. Quantum entanglement also shows that physics fails (at least as we know it today). If we know (as science claims to) that merely observing something effects the thing being observed then why should we deny the power of sentience, it must be included in the equation. Yet, science even denies the NDE while claiming that the brain cannot continue thinking after X amount of time with no circulation or electric activity, yet, it does.

Science is fantastic at showing how nature and the atomic world works; but, it fails on the subatomic level. Why should the mere observance of a test change the outcome? More importantly, why do so many scientists refuse to even ask that question.

Please STOP talking about quantum physics. Just stop. You are talking about something completely different from what the physicians are talking. It gets worse this year I am sure - I have already seen books with titles like "quantum medicine".

You don't understand the physics and are therefore entitled to give it a completely new, not-physical spin, right? No.

Call it "chi" or "umpf" or whatever, but leave the innocent quantums out of the spiritual.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The other day, not so very long ago I had this weird dream...or more of a flash in a dream.

It explained to me why everything that I see is. The answer was because it all comes from me...I have no clue how this could ever work because we all see the same moon and cars driving by. But still this short burst of dream in a dream told me that the entire universe comes from my imagination. This of course will mean that every individual has his/ her own universe expanding from the mind...brain. This reminds me of The Matrix....but without the control by an alien race.

This is what I would like to contibute to this thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The end of the universe is expanding so we will never get far enough away to turn around and observe it.
There's a lot of mass unaccounted for in the parts of space that are visible with telescopes(Dark matter)
I think theres objects out there made of totally undiscovered elements, these physical objects don't even interact with any spectrum of light that we know about.
We don't see the universe, we only see what our eyes have evolved to see. To know what the universe is doing we have to find a way to see it all.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

To Add: Screw it lol! The universe was loaded into a skyrocket, we are part of some extra dimensional firework display in Gods backgarden birthday party. We exist because were halfway through exploding in a different time zone.

When stars collapse, they are just sparks falling back down onto the garden path. We see a blackhole because it pulls the smoke and gas down with it. Soon the explosion will be over. I've been waiting for my fair share of solitude in oblivion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by ImaFungi

I think what you are saying is that you want a metaphysical interpretation of why the universe exists, not a factual one.
I guess it could be explained like this.

The question you posed is similar to asking, why does someone win the lottery, because variables line up and probability determines that someone will win.

In the same sense the Universe exist because of probability.
It is probable that, given the right amount of numbers, that a Universe would come into existence, actually many Universes (Multiverse), given that other Universes did not come into existence.

Laws of Probability

The only reason we know the Universe exists is because it does.

the concept of metaphysics only exists because science has not discovered everything...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

To someone who is born blind, the universe doesn't exist only their feelings do.

If they exist and have feelings, the universe exists. I know, the concept of absolute nothingness is really beyond the grasp of human intelligence, but the very act of having feelings requires a universe. Sure, they can't see it. There's plenty of stuff we can't see, it still exists.

I can't see air. Yet, I breath it, there fore air exists.

But really, there is no answer to "Why does the Universe exist?". It just does, it's beyond our scope of intelligence to even approach it.

Science can eventually tell you the processes in place, but it can never tell you "why" that's up to philosophy

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The Universe exists only insofar that it is a word and a concept invented by man. Does the word or idea fully encompass what is out there? No. It cannot. Why does the universe exist? Because we needed a name for every and all things. We are in the habit of naming things.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Prove we are discussing a universe at all.

Two words.

Gravitational lensing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You know how the principle of arithmetic is invisible, intangible and yet we know it exits.

Well, in the same way, an ultimate principle, first principle, universal principle stands invisible behind this universe. A principle that always was and always will be, without beginning and without end. Outside of the symbols (tangible time-space-world) that represent it.

We all understand how we can use the principle of arithmetic because we are using the symbols, numbers that stand for the principle behind the numbers.

Well, we know it is true that this principle of arithmetic does actually exist, even though we cannot see it.

We use it all the time, we know it is real. The principle cannot be harmed, destroyed, changed, touched, or seen.

Even before human's knew how to use numbers, the principle existed. Then humans started to work with symbols, words and numbers which made the principle plain. The numbers are the evidence of the factual principle.

We can see the principle by way of the tangible forms that represented the unseen fact.

Another thing about principles; no matter where we go or what we do or what we do not know, even if we land on a foreign planet, where they are using totally different symbols, still it will be true that 2+2=4.

The alphabet is the same sort of thing; an invisible principle which we can see as tangible letters.

Ok, so I say all that, because we know that unseen principles really do exist, even though we have not actually seen the principle itself. We still know it is there and it is real.

We know it is always, in fact, right here, right here. present and working, even if I am not doing any arithmetic equations or counting things. Principles (and there may be many we do not even know about yet) are here always.

So, my idea is that the tangible, seen, visible, time-space matter Universe is like the visible numbers, the tangible symbols of an ultimate, first and single and only perfect principle of universe total and all that is real and does exist. This ultimate principle, first principle, which always was and always will be, is invisible and absolute. It is unseen and absolute so therefore it is changeless and always, without beginning and without end.

The principle-of-universe, or principle-of-being is real and forever and always here.

We see and live the absolute principle of life-as-universe-seen. We are experiencing or walking around in the symbols. We are sort of mesmerized by the symbols, when it might do us much better if we realized there is an unseen principle right here behind all this. It would do us better to see this world of tangible-time-space represents this actual, factual, unseen eternal, infinite, omnipresent, omniscient, reality.

Just like an arithmetic equation, we can erase and change the universe, the things we see, we can destroy all matter, big and small---- but the principle that stands behind the symbols is not changed.

As humanity goes, the general populations seems to have placed the value in the symbols and missed entirely the fact behind this tangible world of people, places, and things.

It seems we are not even aware there is am absolute, perfect principle, a real, actual, factual, invisible, prefect, unseen principle of life here.

We might do better to figure out that there is a first principle, an unseen principle which is right here seen and evidenced as the universe----and then, we'd do really well to understand this omniscient perfect principle and how it works.

I added a sentence at the top, to explain a little better where I was going with this.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Originally posted by AQuestion
More importantly, why do so many scientists refuse to even ask that question.

Things aren't what they seem...

"...if you ask questions you’ll be working at McDonalds tomorrow”

Dead-Scientists

Updated List of Obviously Murdered Scientists

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

“So University of Berkeley has been sitting on giant skeletons for 90 years and has yet to file a paper? Why? Being excited about my find I called someone I knew who had just finished her archeological degree to which I received “oh that…yeah I know, we are told not to look into this, it’s pretty well communicated if you research into giants or other races they will end your career immediately, we are told to say it’s all 1800’s media fraud regardless of the evidence, in fact they think they have found a living tribe of Neanderthals in northernmost Canada, but I don’t know anymore about it, it’s pretty controversial, again if you ask questions you’ll be working at McDonalds tomorrow”. Source

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Simple...

It exists because we can observe it.

No Humans = No Universe

Well, and as it pertains to Uncertainty, the deeper we peer into the origins of the universe, the more we are seeing ourselves (or, so i read in an article recently).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

In Reality, it doesn't exist. But what seemingly exists is eternal delusion and confusion of Reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join