It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Universe exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Simple...

It exists because we can observe it.

No Humans = No Universe

so before humans existed the universe didnt exist?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I didnt notice you're avatar at first. Good choice in brew mate, that ones got kick to it!
now only if it wasnt like 8$ a bottle ha! If you get a chance, check out "Great lakes brewery - commodore perry IPA". Its my fav

And to answer you're question. I dont think anyone knows. Its not really something you can test i think? Personally, I do believe that the quantum world existed before the big bang.

IMO, one of the biggest mistakes in human thinking is the duality of "something vs nothing".
What if,, just what if "nothing" is actually something? In the sense that it has a value. what if, whatever existed before the "big bang" actually had a value, and wasn't just nothing? food for thought

As humans, we live in the newtonian world. We are governed by the laws that govern "large" bodies of newtonian matter. And yet we have realized that there is a level below this, the quantum world, which appears to play by a different set of rules.

What if the quantum world was always there? It was the substrate on which matter was imprinted?
Universes dark matter skeleton spotted for the first time

Instead of thinking "Something vs nothing" think "something vs something else"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Kashai

"Suggesting the the relevant matter-antimatter interactions resulted in a variance. It brings up the question as to why there exist a disparity here? "

no it brings up the question why matter- antimatter exists?

Implying what caused the cause, that is what I am looking for. Opposites are an apparent obsevable, but I am asking for explations beyond that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
Ok let me make very clear that I am not looking here for easy answers, what I am interested in seeing are specifics. If God created the Universe then what were the Physics involved, if if it all happened by chance and again I am looking for specifics.

I am going to begin by offering a conclusions that, as far as I know has never been brought up.....

The Universe is the result of approximately 10 to 30 Galaxies existing upon another scale, and within the equivalent to 1 light year to each other, respective to this alternative scale.

Within one light year there respective super massive black holes are interacting and specifically our Universe exists, at the La Grange point referent to all the galaxies involved in general. This phenomenon is occuring,upon another scale, in relation to our equivalent to the central region of galactic super clusters.

Literally I am presenting that univers's exist at the mentioned location inside our own universe...

Any thoughts?

edit on 14-8-2012 by Kashai because: modifed content

edit on 14-8-2012 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

The universe is infinitely large, as it is infinitely small. As subatomic particles make up atoms, atoms elements, and those elements the cells of life and earth we live on. So are the stars, the solar systems, the galaxies, and universe, it goes out so far as to entire universes, being a component of something much much larger.

When you really think of it, we may seem an insignificant speck in a colossal symphony of energy and matter, but all matter an energy is composed of equally seemingly insignificant specks. With out the universe we would not exist, with out us nor would the universe.

We are all notes, living harmoniously in a beautiful symphony. At times this may not seem so, but it is the way it is.

youtu.be...
edit on 8/14/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No pandas no Universe?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This stuff is hard for me to completely wrap my brain around. I recently watched a NOVA episode on the Multiverse(link below) that really blew me away. It did a great job of explaining the concept but still leaves me scratching my head a bit. If it's a topic that interests you should definitely check it out.
youtu.be...

edit on 14-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Kashai

"Suggesting the the relevant matter-antimatter interactions resulted in a variance. It brings up the question as to why there exist a disparity here? "

no it brings up the question why matter- antimatter exists?

Implying what caused the cause, that is what I am looking for. Opposites are an apparent obsevable, but I am asking for explations beyond that.

well try to think back infinite universes ago? was there a first time something ever existed? where would that something have occurred? was there first only space? how large was that space? if there was only nothing, how did something ever come from that? if there was "always" something how far back in time does the history of something go? try to come up with an answer,,, there can be no begging to something because something exists now and could not have come from nothing, because nothing by definition is not and never something,, but if there is not a beginning to something and something has "always" been, what was it like as early as time can possibly go back? and does that mean time goes infinite infinities earlier then that?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

There has always been a 1 of something because there can never be a zero of nothing. The universe exists simply because a state of absolute cannot exist.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Why there exists a disparity?

the matrix glitched. You got deja vue.

it was erroneous.

And that glitch caused a cascading effect, loosening matter from its eternal recycling between particle / anti-particle pairs.

its beautiful how a simple glitch could be so meaningful.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

"we may seem an insignificant speck in a colossal symphony of energy and matter, but all matter an energy is composed of equally seemingly insignificant specks. With out the universe we would not exist, with out us nor would the universe. "

I really like this

because it made me think of the reflection of this on the human level..,,..,..think of medieval times,,, the king depended on a bunch of different people ( parts) to make his existence mean the grand triumph it meant.,,..,

there are millions of specs of atoms in our body,, but without them we would not be,.,.,

just like it takes many people to build the living organism of civilization,, something not possible without all the people,, just like the ways the people are are not possible without the civilization,,, it is like a perfect balance of evolution,,, taking steps into different places of being,.,.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well I see lots of fluff answers but no science answers....
ATS, ATS, ATS...... (shakes head)

Okay so lets get you on the right path first.
SO this is NOVA on PBS (PBS is awesome btw)
This is a multi-episode series called Fabric of the cosmos from NOVA
First
The Fabric of the cosmos: What is space?
Second
THe Fabric of the cosmos: The illusion of time
Third
The Fabric of the cosmos: Quantum leap
Last but not least
The Fabric of the cosmos: Universe or Multiverse?

The video's were meant to be watched in order, but not absolutely necessary.
I think that should get you more on the right page, once you have watched all of those.
**Just should add that sometimes the videos don't always load the first time, so just reload your page and that usually works for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Well, my line of thinking in response to that is as follows:

Your car breaks down. Someone tells you how to fix it and it works. That doesn't prove the ultimate cause of success at all...

Scientific law could just as much be based on mass acceptance as it is on a truth of chemistry/physics.

Accepting truth in science based on the scientific method is similar to a Christian accepting God because their child defeated sickness after a prayer. Sure, our scientific maxims are tried and true to a higher extent and they work consistently. But we should also remember than truth in the small moment of human existence on Earth should not be applied to eternity.

A paradox to think about is how modern science is based largely on the ideas of God obsessed occultists like Newton. The greatest scientists in history have a personality more similar to Deepak Chopra than Stephen Hawking.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I would have to disagree that the universe is INFINITELY large and small.

small - "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_scale"

Large - "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers'_paradox"

If the universe was infinitely large and small. It would also have to be infinite in time.
If the universe was infinite, there would be an infinite number of stars.
If there was an infinite number of stars, and an infinite amount of time for light to travel, then the night sky would be light, and not dark as there would be a star in every single pixel in the sky.
On top of this, an infinite amount of stars would also continuously heat up the interstellar material (dust) to the point of thermal equilibrium, at which point that dust would then begin to radiate the energy it receives from stars at the same average temperature.

edit on 8/14/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by Ilyich

I would have to disagree that the universe is INFINITELY large and small.

small - en.wikipedia.org...

Large - en.wikipedia.org...'_paradox

If the universe was infinitely large and small. It would also have to be infinite in time.
If the universe was infinite, there would be an infinite number of stars.
If there was an infinite number of stars, and an infinite amount of time for light to travel, then the night sky would be light, and not dark as there would be a star in every single pixel in the sky.
On top of this, an infinite amount of stars would also continuously heat up the interstellar material (dust) to the point of thermal equilibrium, at which point that dust would then begin to radiate the energy it receives from stars at the same average temperature.

would it be infinite if the amount of stars right now that exist,,, will not only change in number,, but the actual star changes as well? what i mean is new stars are created... making there not being a finite amount of stars?
edit on 14-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

God is a force of such unimaginable power that it is able to reach back into time and prod us into reaching the omega, or end state of the universe in which it resides

Thanks for the response with the 'attractor' explanation. I got it open in a new browser tab. That's I think another way of looking at some of what I was expressing. I'll read more about it, it's peaked my interest. These explanations I resonate more with because they bridge the gap between the physical Universe and the transcendent instead of many other ideologies that have the physical world as more of an inconvenient barrier to 'God' and not an integral component.

My model of thinking (and perhaps the attractor) also solves many moral issues and inconsistencies of traditional 'God'. If God is omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent a whole host of problems occur. But if on the other hand, on the temporal level God doesn't exist 'yet', but only in the transcendent 'Universe end state' then issues like why doesn't God intervene, why doesn't God prevent evil, etc, would be erroneous questions.

As for quantum fluctuation existing before BB, and nothing rather than something... I personally believe that both the physical Universe is eternal (infinite regression of bangs to crunches, or some cyclic system) but also a transcendent state beyond space and time that is also eternal which is the result of the end state of physical creation. If God is to be thought of as the 'end state' then I suppose the Universe can be thought of as infinitely producing eggs without ever haven been a chicken. So I don't believe nothingness has ever played a role in our ultimate reality... save perhaps for the death of individual conscious beings? Essentially the physical Universe creates God versus the traditional understanding that God created the Universe. So God doesn't have an intervening role, it's the state that exists after the perfect culmination of the evolution of creation. Or something

I love beer that punches you in the face. Now anyways, I used to hate it. Stone has another one called 'Sublimely Self Righteous' which is great and has a really complex taste. I'm not sure if I have tried that brewery..I'll make a note on that

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Never thought I would read so much talk about God in a pretty deep discussion involving physics, quantum theories and flux compositors...

I believe the universe is pure energy. There is negative energy and positive energy. The energies can work together and create life, planets, solar systems and life force. Or the energies will work against each other and create black wholes, super novas, temporal rifts etc.

When you die, there's no heaven and there's no hell. There's just energy. Look around, everything is energy in one form or another.
Energy can combine with other forms of energy to create even bigger forms of energy. Energy is ever changing, evolving, continuing to grow.

Two earth magnets reverse polarity , no matter what you do you can not put them together. The closer they get to each other the greater the energy force. You can't see it but you can definitely feel the power that energy has at such a minuscule scale. That energy times infinity is the Universe. So in that prospective we are all brothers and sisters being that we are all pure energy.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Im sorry I really dont understand what you are asking?

Are you trying to translate into english?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

a lot of your post was trying to prove this

"So God doesn't have an intervening role, it's the state that exists after the perfect culmination of the evolution of creation. Or something?"

when if you do something thinking about the intervening issue,, i think it solves it self,, if god created the universe,,, and there is seemingly no sign of god,,, we can assume god wanted it that way,,,,, if he were to intervene the wild universe,, and life would not be the same as it is right now,,,, if god intervened we might as well be existing in heaven,,, and never take the baby steps into doing things ourselves,, being ourselves,, making mistakes,, and getting messy,,,

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

you said you do not think the universe is infinite because there are not an infinite amount of stars,.,.

im saying there are an infinite amount of stars,,, because the amount of stars that exist right now ( if it were a finite number ) would be the same stars, and same amount of stars that have always existed and always will,,., that is not the case,,,, stars die and are born,, and change,., so there are an infinite amount of stars,,

one word at a time,,, take your time,,, english

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Well I see lots of fluff answers but no science answers.... ATS, ATS, ATS...... (shakes head)
reply to post by KingAtlas

Um, I didn't see any science answers in your response either, just several links. One of which I think I already posted. (shakes head)
I agree. The NOVA series is really cool.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join