Mississipp​i - The Birthplace Of American Music. Yes!

page: 7
6
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
Representing Hudsonville MS, Mr. Junior Kimbrough


I liked both of those. Simple, heartfelt, blues.

All music is just about the same....feelings...hurt,happy,sad etc.;




posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Holly Springs MS, some rockabilly from Charlie Feathers



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

Originally posted by tanda7
Representing Hudsonville MS, Mr. Junior Kimbrough


I liked both of those. Simple, heartfelt, blues.

All music is just about the same....feelings...hurt,happy,sad etc.;

For sure, all that and more. Artistic genius seems to manifest no matter what. Born from pain and pleasure simultaneously.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just curious, do you have an artistic outlet? You seem very tuned in and emotionally connected like most of the artist I know.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   





edit on 15-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds



That was awesome! Thank you. Just when you think you've heard it all. I know this artist but never heard this song.
It's amazing that this state (or river) has inspired so many songs.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
Just curious, do you have an artistic outlet? You seem very tuned in and emotionally connected like most of the artist I know.


No, not really. I do pluck/play piano. I have a Soprano voice which my mom tells me I'm letting go to waste. I sing like Julie Andrews "The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music" did that one day at work and people were like "Go Daphne" We didn't know you could sing like that. But, I like all genres of music, even foreign. :



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds





edit on 15-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

I know Ry Cooder but Seth Edwards? Where are you finding this stuff? I love it.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7
 




So happy you enjoy it..


I know I do..



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I hear ya, I'm the quintessential music fan but could not carry a tune in a bucket. I do art but it sure isn't music.
If you sing anything like Julie A you should give us all a taste.

edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I hear ya, I'm the quintessential music fan but could not carry a tune in a bucket. I do art but it sure isn't music.


I like art too. But, can't paint/draw to save my life.

What kind of art do you do? I like the Prado, Francisco de Goya, Bernini, etc;




If you sing anything like Julie A you should give us all a taste

I'm too shy. I only did it then because I was the boss. And knew everybody around me.
edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I have had a little commercial success with my photography but it's mostly a hobby. I design and build furniture, I also have a frame shop where we make "art frames" for a local clientele. By art frames I mean one of a kind moldings and such for original art. But to me it's all art if you are conceptualizing something and then making it real.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I have had a little commercial success with my photography but it's mostly a hobby. I design and build furniture, I also have a frame shop where we make "art frames" for a local clientele. By art frames I mean one of a kind moldings and such for original art. But to me it's all art if you are conceptualizing something and then making it real.


That's great. Beautiful art pieces need gorgeous frames to accentuate them. Like crown molding to a home, it makes it pop. You're a photographer. You have alot to practice with in New Orleans.

Why don't you post some of the pics. If you want to that is. Vive le art..... in all it's forms.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I know what you mean, I frame for a gallery here that displayed my photos and I suddenly became so shy and anxious that I could not go to that gallery while my stuff was on the wall. Something like embarrassment overcame me anytime I was forced to be there.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I know what you mean, I frame for a gallery here that displayed my photos and I suddenly became so shy and anxious that I could not go to that gallery while my stuff was on the wall. Something like embarrassment overcame me anytime I was forced to be there.

Aww, that's terrible. I know how you feel though.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


I can't figure out how to upload a photo from my hard drive. Can you tell me how?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7
 


Sure . I'll try to anyway. Go to your pictures. You may have to convert them through Photobucket.com then right click, click save to, window will pop up ( you can name the file if you want to) then click save.

Go to Tools at the top right of ats page, click uploads, click upload picture, find pic open it, click green button to upload. Should be on your uploaded pics once you do that.

Click on picture you've uploaded to your ats portfolio, then copy and paste first link.

Should load.

Hold on I'll link a page for you to learn real quick. I would like to see your art .

A place to practice linking and embedding

edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I guess I need to upload it to a photo bucket type site first. let me work on that and get back to you.





new topics
top topics
 
6
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join