It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississipp​i - The Birthplace Of American Music. Yes!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
King's X - Dogman (Ty Tabor (born 1961), guitarist/songwriter/vocalist for rock band King's X, (Pearl)

I remember these guys, I remember even better some crazy times spent in Pearl. I used to summer there with the cousins. Pearl MS, so close yet so far
:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I remember these guys, I remember even better some crazy times spent in Pearl. I used to summer there with the cousins. Pearl MS, so close yet so far:

I live in Pearl. Truely shop there, find things to do. Used to work in Pearl/Brandon.

I like the people from this one area, they're just nicer to me. Love it still.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
reply to post by tanda7

I remember these guys, I remember even better some crazy times spent in Pearl. I used to summer there with the cousins. Pearl MS, so close yet so far:

I live in Pearl. Truely shop there, find things to do. Used to work in Pearl/Brandon.

I like the people from this one area, they're just nicer to me. Love it still.

The best summers of my life were spent there. I thought it was a fact of life that every summer I lived in Pearl. My cousins there were of varying ages so the experience was always interesting.
When I said so close yet so far, I meant it's proximity to Jackson.
I summered there from age 4 to 13
edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Now here's something from left field,

By the way, this is the first thread I have posted in, thanks for making it so fun.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

When I said so close yet so far, I meant it's proximity to Jackson.

Are you from Jackson? I am originally before moving out here 14 years ago.

Still go alot to the University Hosp. and Fondren Areas. Towards Madison.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thank you too. You've also made it fun.

I'm flattered. I'm having alot of fun and learning stuff I didn't even know existed around me.

edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I really love Ry Cooter, One MS song then another song that I think was written by Woody Guthrie. The second video is pure gold in my opinion

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

One side of my family lived in Jackson but the fun side live in pearl. I'm from H'burg. My fun cousins were professional wrestlers who live in Pearl but wrestled in the Jackson coliseum. We also went to lots of great concerts in that arena. Rush, Foreigner, ZZ, Van Halen, ACDC, Love that place.
They used to make the joke that Pearl was so close yet so far, it was a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

One side of my family lived in Jackson but the fun side live in pearl. I'm from H'burg. My fun cousins were professional wrestlers who live in Pearl but wrestled in the Jackson coliseum. We also went to lots of great concerts in that arena. Rush, Foreigner, ZZ, Van Halen, ACDC, Love that place.
They used to make the joke that Pearl was so close yet so far, it was a long time ago.

I don't think they have concerts in that Coliseum anymore. I've been to one I remember very well. Queensryche: oooh, Lord, I love Queensryche.

You saw some great shows. But still, Pearl is only the Greater Jackson Area. Just a shoot from downtown Jackson up I-55 and you're in Pearl in less than 10 minutes tops.

Queensryche - Revolution Calling

edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
One night I saw Van Halen at the Jax coliseum, and during one particular song someone from the audience threw underwear onto the stage, the crowd went wild. The next night I went to Biloxi to see the same show and during that same song, as if on que, the same person threw underwear onto the stage.
Something in me clicked, and I knew the world was not as I thought it was. At that moment I realized what my father meant when he used the word "incredulous"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There was I time in my life when I would listen to everything I had by these guys, then start over and listen to it again, over and over, till someone would make me stop.
queensryche

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There was I time in my life when I would listen to everything I had by these guys, then start over and listen to it again, over and over, till someone would make me stop.
queensryche

I still do. I remember fighting and pushing my way to the front of the stage and knew the words to every song. One guy beside me just stared at me thinking "That girl knows every damn word of every song" with mouth hanging open.

Looks like you got to go to alot of concerts, lucky you. But it was fun as hell wasn't it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

When the big arena shows stopped happening, I see that as an end of an era.
I still see a decent amount of live music, and I love seeing performances in a small intimate room, but those big shows with the big stage and the big lights that we used to see are getting scarce. They still happen but not every other weekend like they used to.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

When the big arena shows stopped happening, I see that as an end of an era.
I still see a decent amount of live music, and I love seeing performances in a small intimate room, but those big shows with the big stage and the big lights that we used to see are getting scarce. They still happen but not every other weekend like they used to.

And I miss it too. There's nothing to do here and they killed that.

We do have Hal and Mal's downtown. They have some shows. And the Irish Pub Finnians, have some Irish bands come over to perform. I'll have to go sometime. I need to get out. The silence is deafening.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ben honkin on the spoons with Dead Irish Blues (coming to Fenians Pub Aug. 16. tomorrow)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Prepare to have your mind blown, and I'm not even a fan of Guns & Roses

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This makes me so happy. Music is much harder than most people realize, and so much worth the effort. What better thing to teach a child than art. The world will always have room for more art.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Prepare to have your mind blown, and I'm not even a fan of Guns & Roses

Oh my God,
mind is blown. I'm sending this one to my youngest brother who plays guitar.

Saved to my channel that one is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Representing Hudsonville MS, Mr. Junior Kimbrough

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This one is all soul. 8 minutes long but soooo good

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join