Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mississipp​i - The Birthplace Of American Music. Yes!

page: 12
6
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by tanda7
 





I don't really believe this is something that actually occurs.


I have a feeling it occurs much more than we realize, perhaps not at the crossroads ,though I'm sure it happens there on occasion.

You may have been joking, but I think you may have touched on something that is actually very real , especially in other genres of music.

but...back to happy thoughts, or at least the appreciation of the southern influence in certain music genres.






You are probably right. Honestly I spend very little time thinking about that sort of thing. For better or worse, I tend to see the world through rose colored glasses. Hopelessly optimistic I am.

Your video reminded me of this jewel By Louis Armstrong and believe it or not this song gets sung out loud in my house at least once a week. For me the sentiment expressed in this song helps banish negativity.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling




posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Omar Kent Dykes - Omar & The Howlers - Mississippi Mud ( McComb, MS )




posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Omar and the Howlers used to play at a little joint in H'burg called Tal's Corral. I never got to see them because I was too young to get in the door. Another band that I thought was from somewhere else. I thought they were from New Orleans.

By the way, is that a photo of the MS river bridge in New Orleans that is displayed in your mini profile?



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Omar and the Howlers used to play at a little joint in H'burg called Tal's Corral. I never got to see them because I was too young to get in the door. Another band that I thought was from somewhere else. I thought they were from New Orleans.

By the way, is that a photo of the MS river bridge in New Orleans that is displayed in your mini profile?


Yep, the picture says it's the MS river bridge with giant moon. I have another of a steamboat on the MS river too.

I've never seen these guys live. I'm discovering lots of new stuff. H'burg seems the place to be. It's a college town for sure.
edit on 17-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Correction; the bar was called The Stoned Toad. When the owner moved the operation north of town, he changed the name to Tal's. His was the first bar in MS to have a mechanical bull, at least that's what he told me. I can't verify that but I have no reason not to believe him.

I did get into The Stoned Toad one time because my uncle's band was playing there and I was his Jr. roadie for the night. They opened up for Willie Nelson. I was about 15 years old. Even went to the after party and was in the same room with Willie for a while. My brush with greatness.



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Correction; the bar was called The Stoned Toad. When the owner moved the operation north of town, he changed the name to Tal's. His was the first bar in MS to have a mechanical bull, at least that's what he told me. I can't verify that but I have no reason not to believe him.

I did get into The Stoned Toad one time because my uncle's band was playing there and I was his Jr. roadie for the night. They opened up for Willie Nelson. I was about 15 years old. Even went to the after party and was in the same room with Willie for a while. My brush with greatness.



You met Willie Nelson, that's alright now. Have you ever heard of an Irish bar called Shenanigan's on 49 South before you go under the bridge and come to Southern University? I've seen it travelling many times and never been in.

I've never been to any bar or outing in H'burg, only pass through going to Destin, Fl. or the Coast.
edit on 17-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Have I heard of it? Boy have I. I returned to H'burg for a few months several years ago and embarrassed myself quite thoroughly singing karaoke there.



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

Have I heard of it? Boy have I. I returned to H'burg for a few months several years ago and embarrassed myself quite thoroughly singing karaoke there.


I need to stop in there some time in the future. Sounds fun.
edit on 17-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
]Downtown H'burg, The Pinebelt Pickers

Can't make the video link, Will get back to it soon

edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)


Got it now I think.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
H'burgs very own Jimmy Buffett cover band

You know Jimmy Buffett went to school in H'burg right? USM, he got expelled for smoking you-know-what in his dorm room.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
H'burg's Wes Lee & Friends
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Some pretty solid blues from T Bone Pruitt from Ellisville playing The Shed in H'burg (have we posted this guy yet?)

edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
H'burg's South Bound Crescent covering the epic "Into the Mystic"



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Vasti Jackson, from McComb. Serious electric blues live from H'burg.
edit on 17-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It doesn't get more MS than this



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
It doesn't get more MS than this


This one video made me


It reminds me of when my family comes all together at one time and that's not easy to do, but when it happens it's special. I loved this video. That's how we do it in the south. No better party, some drinks, guitar, snacks and singing. That simple.



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 

I am so glad you liked it. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, They look just like my aunts and uncles.



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Cary Hudson from Oxford MS



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
Cary Hudson from Oxford MS


Very nice.

Loved that one..



posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Chris LeDoux - Hooked on an 8 second ride, country (Biloxi, MS)






top topics



 
6
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

log in

join