It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirtland AFB UFO: [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So no one interested in the seeding of the ioonsphere with metal oxides?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've often said that many so-called UFO photos don't even look like "objects" though the "O" in "UFO" is supposed to stand for "Object". The photo in the OP is a case in point...it doesn't look like an object, and sure enough, it turns out to be a cloud of particles.

Originally posted by SkepticExterminator
So no one interested in the seeding of the ioonsphere with metal oxides?
I'm not sure what you mean. Obviously they are interested enough in it to spend 3 million dollars performing this test, with the hope they can figure out a way to improve communication. I suspect improved communication is also one of the research goals of HAARP. Communications can be improved, and of course there is interest in doing so.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

So you KNOW it was identifiable and yet you still posted it here to ask people what it was as if clueless. Obviously, this does not belong in Aliens & UFOs since you KNEW it was not a UFO....it is absolutely identifiable.

Sounds like you were trying to pull one over on ATS members!

Im sorry, but the dishonesty in the creation of thread is incredibly bothersome....
edit on August 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It is not the original. It is edited......and you gave little to no information.

Exactly, and note the heavy pixelation on the "clouds" or whatever the hell is in the background. Honestly, this looks like a bitmap from 1996.

This is 2012. My phone has an 8 megapixel camera. This is a cropped, edited and zoomed in image that literally could be anything, anything.

Without the original image, with all of the tagged information embedded in the picture intact, it's useless, I could be my foot, it could be a giant herpes sore, it could be someone lighting a fart.

Or, it could be a half assed pixelated image of nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Wrong. I asked whether any of you knew what it was. I did NOT SAY that I didn't already know.

So you just admitted to trying to troll ATS while also admitting you are an administrator on some other forum?

You know what.....

You should be banned asap. You are the type of user destroying ATS. You wasted everyone's time merely for your own entertainment. And, which is kinda funny, you got pissy about it too.

You are very lucky my friend that ATS is smart enough to never make me a mod, you'd be gone so fast your other forum would crash.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Im sorry, but the dishonesty in the creation of thread is incredibly bothersome....

Bothersome? Or as close to a T&C violation as you can get without actually violating the T&C?

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

So right there, that's already a violation. The user knew this wasn't a ufo, knew exactly what it was, and still posted misleading comment after misleading comment.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

ATS T&C
edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

And this is an important thread for folks who want to know about UFOs precisely because many will be what is in this image. It also illustrates one or two other things which will not be lost on all of the members.

It only illustrates what most of us already know. There are 3 types of UFO "researchers" on ATS.

Type 1 : unsure, curious and want to know
Type 2 : positive they exist and every image is a ufo
Type 3 : people who just get off on wasting peoples time.

You are type 3. You are not helping the community.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
You know that now, your opening statement in the OP...

The following image, which I received by email, was taken by personnel at Kirtland AFB. Do any of the researchers on ATS have any clue as to what it is?

That question infers you don't know what it was. As does the title of your thread...
No it clearly asks "Has anyone seen one of these or know what it is?" in the title and then "Do any of the researchers on ATS have any clue as to what it is? " in the post. Anyone clear minded neutral can see you are trying to put words into my mouth to make you look less foolish or make me look dishonest. I have been completely honest in every single post without exception.

I never claimed whether I knew what it was. I also never claimed that I didn't. I was trying to use the picture as a device to start a discussion and share some information regarding misidentified "red blobs" or colours in the sky. They are probably plasma clouds caused by HAARP like devices frequently misidentified as UFOs. Surely that is obvious.

At least one member who knows me well enough, made the point that I rarely post anything without an interesting reason. It would have been so much better for all concerned if moderators on ATS were a bit more moderate, as one of the other members has already pointed out. Anyone familiar with my long term contribution to ATS knows I am an honest critical thinker. I'm not always right or universally agreed with but I am honest.

edit on 15/8/12 by Pimander because: sort colour formatting

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So you KNOW it was identifiable and yet you still posted it here to ask people what it was. Obviously, this does not belong in Aliens & UFOs since you KNEW it was not a UFO....it is absolutely identifiable.
I already explained that I posted it because many UFO's are probably the same thing. This is a forum for discussing UFOs, or used to be when I posted here regularly. You know, where you discuss things that are of interest to UFOlogists so the picture has a place here.

Also any UFO is identifiable, if we can get enough information about it. That is why we research them and rely on more than image analysis as you probably know. In order to try to identify what they are. If they are not identifiable then there is no point trying.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So you KNOW it was identifiable and yet you still posted it here to ask people what it was. Obviously, this does not belong in Aliens & UFOs since you KNEW it was not a UFO....it is absolutely identifiable.
I already explained that I posted it because many UFO's are probably the same thing. This is a forum for discussing UFOs, or used to be when I posted here regularly. You know, where you discuss things that are of interest to UFOlogists so the picture has a place here.

Also any UFO is identifiable, if we can get enough information about it. That is why we research them and rely on more than image analysis as you probably know. In order to try to identify what they are. If they are not identifiable then there is no point trying.

You baited members into thinking this was some UFO - the title says it all.
Yet you KNEW what it was and that it was absolutely not a UFO and did not belong in that forum.
You also deliberately left out pertinent information and argued with people over it.

^^That tells me all I need to know.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think you want to hide the fact that some of you were just too keen to debunk INSTEAD OF INVESTIGATING. This is not a hoax PERIOD, whether anyone was "baited" or not. My opinion I admit but many would agree..

At least none of you claimed that an unedited image of a UFO balloon was a Photoshopped UFO in this thread. That would be really embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by GAOTU789
You know that now, your opening statement in the OP...

The following image, which I received by email, was taken by personnel at Kirtland AFB. Do any of the researchers on ATS have any clue as to what it is?

That question infers you don't know what it was. As does the title of your thread...
No it clearly asks "Has anyone seen one of these or know what it is?" in the title and then "Do any of the researchers on ATS have any clue as to what it is? " in the post.

Anyone with a bit of critical thinking can see you did try to bait members here with the title and opening post. Had you been "honest", you would have posted this in another forum saying what it was exactly or in this forum with an explanation on why it could be misidentified as a UFO. But you didn't do that did you?

Anyone clear minded neutral can see you are trying to put words into my mouth to make you look less foolish or make me look dishonest. I have been completely honest in every single post without exception.

No, no you haven't. As a matter of fact, I am not sure you have been honest in ANY post on this thread.

I never claimed whether I knew what it was. I also never claimed that I didn't.

Actually you did claim you didn't know what it was, by the title of your thread...

Kirtland AFB UFO: Has anyone seen one of these or know what it is?

What does that say? UFO. So you labeled it a UFO yet you knew what it was? Hmmm...... As someone else has pointed out, that's skirting a very thin line at ATS.

It would have been so much better for all concerned if moderators on ATS were a bit more moderate, as one of the other members has already pointed out.

Ad homs again mate. You know that is usually a sign of desperation.

Anyone familiar with my long term contribution to ATS knows I am an honest critical thinker. I'm not always right or universally agreed with but I am honest.

You showed no honesty nor critical thinking with this thread. You showed the exact opposite in fact. It might be interesting to delve into your "long term contributions".

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thread is closed for review by the Owners.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join