It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Exclusive ATSNN Interview With 2004 Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned

Jesus! I didn't know he'd been arrested! What the hell is this country coming to when a presidential candidate can't participate in debates???
This is not a democracy at all!!!
The first thing I noticed is, this doesn't seem to be getting any coverage by anyone except independent journalists! What in the hell is going on? This should be mainstream media news!!!

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Damned]

Remember BOTH parties were responsable for that. In the Arizona debate they saud they would CANCEL the debate before they let Badnarik in.

Vote your heart but for me just voting for kerry because he is not bush is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. The same goes for voting for bush because he is not kerry. Both are short term solutions for long term problems and playing right into the big twos hands.

The ONLY way we will see ANY change is to get third parties into the race, they will always be one made up emergancy after another to keep you voting like they want you to.

By voting Libertarian this time we run a good chance of getting the 5% mark which will get us matching funds AND a for sure spot on the next debates.

How much do you want to bet BOTH parties would refuse to debate then?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsopranos
Hey Damned...you should first check to see whether or not your in a swing state (there are about 10).

How do I find out? Where would I look that up to know for sure?

The chance of your one vote swinging the election to Bush if you vote Badnarik however, is extremely scarce (you might as well play the pick 6). The fact is Kerry will win this hands down, trust me. There are so many new voters coming out to vote anti-Bush (not pro-Kerry) it's rediculous.

Well, if Badnarik can't win, I sure hope you're right.

But I'm voting my conscience...the effect of our votes for Mr. Badnarik is insurmountable compared to how they would get lost in the frey of votes for either of the Republicrats. Help to make it that much of an easier task when Badnarik pulls > 1-2 million votes. There's a good chance Badnarik can cost Bush this election in close states. Help add your vote and voice to those totals. Take care...one of many libertarians here in NJ

I just don't see how I can vote for Badnarik. Although I really want to, it's definitely more important to get rid of Bush, once and for all, IMO. If I didn't feel that he's as dangerous to America as I do, I'd vote for Badnarik in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
TrueLies he may be coming onto the board in the coming weeks and make some posts and maybe answer questions live.So keep your fingers crossed!!

Good I hope he does stop by, he needs to set the record straight about the war. I know too many republicans that "would" vote for him but see him as an isolationist president which is a danger to our country. They think we should be on the offense instead of defense in this time of "islmaic extremists" trying to kill us....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Michael Badnarik:The US should open up immigration entirely -- no visas required. Just
come in at a Customs and Immigration checkpoint, submit to a
background check to ensure that you aren't a terrorist or criminal,
and you're free ... work... in the US without
restriction.

Reminder : the first candidate that challenged the illuminati with an agenda against immigration and against anti-semitism was Pim Fortuyn. He got 30% of the votes immediately and he was immediately ... murdered.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I would really like to vote for him, but I feel it's more important to just get Bush out of office, this time, before he ruins the country. The quickest, and most realistic way I see to accomplish that, is to vote for Kerry, unfortunately. Bush is dangerous...that much is very clear to me.

I was feeling almost exactly the same way except for a couple of changes:

I would really like to vote for him, but I feel it's more important to just keep Kerry out of office, this time, before he ruins the country. The quickest, and most realistic way I see to accomplish that, is to vote for Bush, unfortunately. Kerry is dangerous...that much is very clear to me.

After taking some time to look back over the last few elections that I took part in, I realized that there will always be someone to vote against but thats not what en election is supposed to be! You are supposed to be ELECTing someone that represents your values and ideals.
I've had enough. I'm not casting a vote to protest Kerry or Bush. I'm casting a vote because I ELECT Badnarik as the one who represents my views on American government and the way our society was meant to operate.

GO BADNARIK!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To ask a direct question to a Presidential candidate and get an answer - without donating six figures to his campaign.

This interview does a lot to show he's a very intelligent guy that's unwavering in his beliefs.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I just don't see how I can vote for Badnarik. Although I really want to, it's definitely more important to get rid of Bush, once and for all, IMO. If I didn't feel that he's as dangerous to America as I do, I'd vote for Badnarik in a heartbeat.

I sort of had the same mindset not to long ago...then fate had it that I lost my wallet and had to request a new Voter's registration card and as I was filling out the app, I questioned why I was going to vote for Kerry....apart from agreeing on some of the most basic issues anyone could agree on, I didn't see eye to eye with him....my entire purpose was to hope that with my one vote I could helpt to oust Bush....

Then I realized how much more important my one vote to represent a third party meant in comparison to my one vote for removing Bush...if you detest the current two party system as much as the next person, then the choice instantly resolves itself...

EDIT: Fry2...that's just too funny we both did the same thing....

[edit on 10/12/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I would really like to vote for him, but I feel it's more important to just get Bush out of office, this time, before he ruins the country. The quickest, and most realistic way I see to accomplish that, is to vote for Kerry, unfortunately. Bush is dangerous...that much is very clear to me.

If protecting your life is dangerous. Then maybe we do deserve Kerry.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As with any principled candidate subject to an archaic FPP counting system and bizarre overblown campaigning by bigger players, Badnarik presented as someone with vision that is powerless to influence any structural outcomes. The status quo in the US sucks badly.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
1- Yes the LP has had fairly big names in contention for our presidential candidacy (Russel Means and Congressman Ron Paul, who is a libertarian RINO, for two) and for other offices. Howard Stern was our candidate for Gov of NY once (unfortunatel, IMO). But we won't go after big names just for the name. Our candidates must have internalized the natural rights concept (Human Beings have the right to Life, Liberty and honestly acquired Property - that's it, no others that aren't corollaries of those and no animals included!) If they haven't, then they can't telll the party story as it should be.

2- Libertarians would do away with all federal govt redistribution of wealth - Open borders, yes - handouts to immigrants, definitely NOT! Under a Lbertarian gov't (which is actually an oxymoron if you think about it), if you aren't prepared to pull your own freight, you had better stay home...

.bh.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thank you to Mr. Badnarik and all of you who participated. I am truly sorry to have missed it. Mr. Badnarik's exclusion from the debates is one of the primary reasons I have chosen to vote for him. I am not a member of his party but the only way to send the message of my disapproval of his exclusion is to vote for him. If you chose not to vote for the person you really want why bother to vote? There is no such thing as a wasted vote! Ask yourself, why the Democrats and Republicans do not want you to hear what the other candidates have to say. Could it be that they might win! Could it also be that both parties are collaborating to make sure no one else has a voice? Probably. I have caught both Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry in what I believe are factual lies, but I have not caught Mr. Badnarik in even one! The only way we are ever going to see real choices in presidential elections is by voting for whom we want instead of voting for who a party hack or Hollywood celebrity tells us to vote for! There are no wasted votes!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
If protecting your life is dangerous. Then maybe we do deserve Kerry.

Bush is not protecting anyone. It's 100% BS. If anything, he's only created a whole new list of reasons for terrorists to attack America. There is no winning the war on terror. That's like trying to win the war on drugs or poverty, with violence. If you believe this is a winnable war, you're a fool.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There is no such thing as a wasted vote!

Sure there is. Voting for a party that has absolutely no chance of winning (due to the monopoly Republicrats have on politics), while you could use it to remove someone who you consider dangerous to our future, is throwing away your vote, IMO. I'll throw my vote away when it doesn't matter as much. IMO, this isn't the time. I do hope to see more Libertarian votes than ever before, though. Maybe it'll give me some hope for America. Currently, I have none.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

There is no such thing as a wasted vote!

Sure there is. Voting for a party that has absolutely no chance of winning (due to the monopoly Republicrats have on politics), while you could use it to remove someone who you consider dangerous to our future, is throwing away your vote, IMO. I'll throw my vote away when it doesn't matter as much. IMO, this isn't the time. I do hope to see more Libertarian votes than ever before, though. Maybe it'll give me some hope for America. Currently, I have none.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

If the Libertarian Party get's 5% of the popular vote then we get funding as politcal party. That drastically changes things in the next election. You vote counts, swing state or not.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

If the Libertarian Party get's 5% of the popular vote then we get funding as politcal party. That drastically changes things in the next election. You vote counts, swing state or not.

If Bush is reselected, and the Libertarian party doesn't get 5% (which I don't believe they will, this election), it is a wasted vote. Getting Bush out is still more important, this time, IMO. See, I believe he and his regime are the most dangerous bastards ever to be in office, within my lifetime. If Bush is reselected, I'll be looking for a new country to live in anyway. I can't continue to live in the remnants of America, ruined by idiots who can't see the obvious. It's just too frustrating. I'm seriously considering abandoning my country, since it's not really America anymore, and doesn't appear to be getting better, but worse. It's a sinking ship, unless some drastic changes are brought about.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All I can say is that I disagree. I do agree that Bush is the wrong man for the job, but I also feel that Kerry is wrong too. I see no benifit to have one in office over the other. That's why I have no problems voting my conscience this year. It is worth it to me to vote LP in an attempt to get the 5% vote, even if that means Bush or Kerry is on office. To me, they are the same person and represent all the things that I stand against. Trust me, if Kerry gets in there, you will be wanting to pack your bags and move out after his four years are up as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just believe Bush is malicious. Kerry has given me no reason to believe he is the same. Bush jumps to conclusions, makes excuses, blames everyone else, sells lies like used cars, has possibly the lowest IQ any president has ever had, looks like a chimp, and can't deliver a speech, even if someone else writes it for him. He also decided that it was necessary to wage war on a country that doesn't appear to have anything to do with 9/11, on a hunch. IMO, attacking a country on a hunch should be punishable by death. This isn't the Salem witch hunt era. As Badnarik says (sort of), we don't need someone that wants to be leader of the free world, and control it. We need someone who just wants to be president of the USA. While I don't consider Kerry a good candidate either, he's definitely not Dubya. While he may not be my first choice, I don't believe he'll be as harmful to America, nor as careless or superstitious. Bush is insane. The man thinks god wants him to be president.

1.) I don't believe in god.
2.) If there is a god, I don't like him.
3.) If Dubya is god's chosen one for president of the USA, then we're all in trouble. Surely there are more qualified individuals, who have less interest in gaining money and power.
4.) If it's all in Bush's head, we're all in trouble.

Neither Kerry nor Bush are being completely truthful, of course.

What Kerry wishes he could say is that the war was a ridiculous idea we let get out of hand because we all wanted to get reelected.

What Bush really wants to say is that abortion and stem cell research are sins against God and should never be allowed in a civilized society. God talks to him, ya know? I think the man needs a psychiatrist, if he hears any voices in his head that aren't his.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have a republican friend that loves the third parties - He says a vote for Badarik is a vote for Bush all the time and I kind of understand why. Badarik isn't going to steal any votes away from the right side or even the middle of the road � Badarik�s voters would have likely voted Kerry otherwise.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Badarik isn't going to steal any votes away from the right side or even the middle of the road � Badarik�s voters would have likely voted Kerry otherwise.

I love these statements.... Most Libertarians are EX-Republicans and most would vote for Bush if not Badnarik.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

I have a republican friend that loves the third parties - He says a vote for Badarik is a vote for Bush all the time and I kind of understand why. Badarik isn't going to steal any votes away from the right side or even the middle of the road � Badarik�s voters would have likely voted Kerry otherwise.

we know. third party might mess up the election this year, the third party candidates are loosing votes for kerry, and we need bush out! the 3% of americans voting for third partys could cost kerry the election this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join