It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
thanks OP

i went to the site to see what the hooraah was about

i got very curious looking at these images.....and 9 times out of 10...every image i wanted a "closer" look at, was only available in thumbnail...no hi res...

like this one...i wanted to see what that dark thing was...

weird and dodgy...
i thought that this was all free public knowledge....i guess not

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
5.5 Billion dollars and still no quality even with the hi resolution to speak of...

maybe they should just strap a Canon T3i starter slr to the thing next time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

would you like to see the full resolution versions of those images instead of thumbnail.

here's how the thumbnails usually look:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

and now the full res version:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I suprise myself what i can do sometimes. so how did i do it.
just press on the thumbnail image so it appears on the screen by its self with the grey border than simply change the l at the top in the address box to a capital E.

just before the 1_DXXX.jpg like above.

works with all so far, no more thumbnail.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Excellent job OP. I saw your post yesterday, also.

I've seen some things that make me go hummm.

Since it seems you have some really cool toys. May I suggest you doing an overlay of your image and theirs and see if everything is present on both pics. That could be interesting.

So I'm going to play the game too. What is this? Does it look like it is moving. Sorry I don't know how to circle it. it is above the nut hole and slightly to the right.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
5.5 Billion dollars and still no quality even with the hi resolution to speak of...

maybe they should just strap a Canon T3i starter slr to the thing next time.

Sooo.. this aint good enough?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by froglette

Since the "moving area" aka: blurred part seems to be squared, I'd go with the idea that it's a compression artifact. *shrug*

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetaryStorm

Well OP hasn't delivered, but I suspect the issue is the file size.

What exactly has NASA done here? Seems more on yahoo's fault.

And yes that probably is mud in the pictures. Though probably more frozen. This IS in the polar regions.

As for any "anomalies", please realize you are viewing the crash size of a car-sized robot that landed on a UAV jet pack. There's bound to be mechanical parts here and there.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I totally accept your explanation as well.
So far I have no idea what it is and I am hoping NASA will tell us more. But will it be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

NASA do not think we can handle it

edit on 15-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh god. I wake up and this thread is on the front page. Arrgh...

Not what I expected, believe it or not.

Since I just woke up, let me see what's going on - if anything was taken down and what posts we have in the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thenaturalist

dude..i hope you can help me out

i tried your technique...i ut the capital E in.....but had a blank page??

can you get the image i posted above....
its captioned...2012-08-09 05:10:01 UTC....its half way down amongst the scenic images

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Are you really sure that is one of the Mars photos and not just one of your own vacation photos from the desert springs

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

dam you are good.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

HI,

I've just discovered as i go to some of the lower images it does not work with some.

sorry could not bring up that pic. dont know why they are hiding the higher resolutions of some, its weird.

cheers, chris.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I found a Martian crocodile. Zoom in on the lower right corner.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Mechanical parts??
You mean that the Rover lost a couple of bolts and plates on the way down?
Or that the Jet-pack lost parts while disconnecting the Rover?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The OP did great work with this panorama, but i am said that this (as was expected..sigh) just turned into another baseless conspiracy threat...baseless because..

* No one is "censoring" his images and uploads, this is entirely bunk. There are countless sites where one can host bigger files. If fricking pirate bay doesn't want to host this image..who cares?

* He took the images from NASA...so how much sense does it make to say that NASA wants to hide something and forbid him to make this pan? One big shot engineer at NASA actually personally emailed him about the pan and told him its great.

* Why are some spots on the panorama(s) white/black? INFORM YOURSELF before you fantasize

The rover was pre-programmed before it even landed to take a bunch of pictures, basically "blind" because no one did even know where *exactly* the rover was about to land and what would be in those first images.

In a NASA teleconference, they even said they are as eager as we are to get ALL the missing parts of the panaroma because they know the rover didn't cover some interesting areas, for example that mountain top. (One area with a big white area). THEY are excited as we here to get all those images.

* The rover has 17 cameras in total, do you think they were put on there to hide things and NOT release images or to actually take them?
We only have 3 days where images were taken/released now but we already have about 2000 (!) images - ok, most of them smaller from the NAV cams - but those 2000 images so far can be accessed from anyone right from their PC. People can d/l them and like the OP make panoramas etc..in addition to the work NASA does. So where's the problem?
edit on 15-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

I totally accept your explanation as well.
So far I have no idea what it is and I am hoping NASA will tell us more. But will it be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

NASA do not think we can handle it

I don't even really accept my explanation, but if at least someone is looking at it, then I guess it has some logical behind it. Hehe

I just shoot "possibilities" as I usually do. I'm not that much of a sceptic. That's my main reason to try to find some "logical" reasons for anything before jumping directly into the first thing that comes to my mind.

I'm a fan of weirdness, but I try to be logical and think a duzen of times about a topic before babbling "nonsensical theories"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Originally posted by impaired
Haha - There was a thumbs down before I typed "Thumbs down from Yahoo - sad" and now it's gone. What the hell, man. This is actually starting to be funny!

edit on 8/14/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)
I think the reason yahoo is deleting links from your comment is due to automated spam filters. Similar to facebook and youtube when a link is posted.

Yes, thank you - you are all right about that.

But why would I get a thumbs-down and then after I type "Thumbs-down from Yahoo. Sad", it was gone.

Can't wait to see what we have there now.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Where did you find that original picture?
I have so far not found any that is possible to zoom in that much. Except OPs panorama pic.
Please do share.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Because it is not the OP's original picture(s). Therefore that is copyright..

Nope. NASA Images aren't copyrighted.

Sure, but an image coming from another source could have been doctored. It explains why a news source won't accept to use user submitted images in this case.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join