It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Have you tried this site?

www.webfilehost.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sorry, what's the problem exactly?

And what's wrong with the current, existing Gigapan? It's still there, so i don't know what your problem is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

www.webfilehost.com...

The file type is not allowed. But it's an image.

Uploading a 350 MB .BMP. It looks like it's working. Will post link.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Haha - There was a thumbs down before I typed "Thumbs down from Yahoo - sad" and now it's gone. What the hell, man. This is actually starting to be funny!

edit on 8/14/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi impaired, Nice Thread,

As far as the comment removal from Yahoo, it's been done to me before, they don't seem to like it when people demand that they print the truth, I'm sure they are like most Fake News Outlets, they make sure the story goes in the direction they want, Not the the natural flow like it should, especially the Political stuff, sad I think.

Well about your "Gigapan", Awesome stuff you did there, I noticed that somebody in the thread made a comment that in the Nasa picture they were blocking certain parts of the photo's from Curiosity, and other people were saying that there are some anomolies in the pictures, ( I think they were from yours ).

I only have the standard Microsoft picture program on my computer, so last night I got curious, and I went thru the Gigapan, every inch of it, there are some truly stange looking things there, my computer doesn't handle images of that size very well, so I am unable to crop and post what I found.

I hope that someone on ATS can go over it with a fine tooth comb and post all the anomolies they can find before NASA censors the photo's on thier website, and then hopefully we can all analyze them, "without the rude comments of course !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Forget about Yahoo, let's focus on the Nasa pics.

Also, Lets change MSM to "The News Show" , you heard it here first !

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Thanks for the support, FutureThinker.

Hey - go back to the GigaPan. Find those things you're talking about and click "Take snapshot" on the left. You may have to be a registered user, but it's cool because you can see what other people pointed out. Sign up and take the snapshots. I want to see what you saw (I haven't even really scrutinized the image too much myself - more focused on getting it out there).

And what kills me is you can make money from this. I don't want money. It's like... Backwards how things are. Yahoo! are a bunch of FOOLS. Oh, and for the record, this is what the guy from NASA sent me and I won't censor HIS name!

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing your version of the mosaic. It's pretty incredible. The version NASA released was processed in a standard way and as quickly as possible to get it out to the public. There will be better versions created by the team. I'll show them this one for now. If you're not aware, there are other people such as yourself who create better versions of the image products from NASA. You might want to post yours here www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Ashwin --

Dr. Ashwin R. Vasavada
MSL Deputy Project Scientist
LRO Diviner Co-Investigator
(818) 39*-**** office / (310) 72*-2*** cell

Sorry, but morals say I should censor his phone numbers and thus I did.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Right now I can't sign up for any more websites, but I will go there and at least try what you said obout the "snapshot" thing, didn't notice that when I was there, thanks.

As far as Nasa, I'm impressed that they even responded, they seemed to like your work, just keep at it, it will payoff soon, That's my "Prediction" .

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for the PM.
Unfortunately i can't send any back yet.
Cheers for the link, though.

TFW.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing your version of the mosaic. It's pretty incredible. The version NASA released was processed in a standard way and as quickly as possible to get it out to the public. There will be better versions created by the team. I'll show them this one for now. If you're not aware, there are other people such as yourself who create better versions of the image products from NASA. You might want to post yours here www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Ashwin --

Dr. Ashwin R. Vasavada

WOW! I am highly impressed, this is one of the big guys there. He was in that conference yesterday, i am really suprised those guys take the time to answer emails - and he thought your Image was great!!

edit on 14-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Grate post. How can I down load the images?
The ones Nasa is hiding.
Could you put them on thepiretbay.com ?
Fantastic image.

Some of the rocks look like flint?
Do you get flint on mares?
And why is there no dust on the rover???
And on the rocks?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Ashwin --

Dr. Ashwin R. Vasavada

WOW! I am highly impressed, this is one of the big guys there. He was in that conference yesterday, i am really suprised those guys take the time to answer emails - and he thought your Image was great!!

edit on 14-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

What? No way! I need to find a link to the conference!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Grate post. How can I down load the images?
The ones Nasa is hiding.
Could you put them on thepiretbay.com ?
Fantastic image.

Some of the rocks look like flint?
Do you get flint on mares?
And why is there no dust on the rover???
And on the rocks?

Thanks.

Piratebay? They're public domain, and they're on the NASA site, but they're only 144x144 thumbnails (small). Can't stitch that to the higher resolution images to even fill in the gaps - I've tried. Doesn't work - two different resolutions.

Just click here. The "hidden" images are the first 42. They are the first 42 marked as "thumbnail".

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

So they're there, but just too small to see anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Hey - do you know of any link to that conference?

And to everyone else, I've fixed the 360 degree panorama. It's not perfect, but it's better. I wish I could have gotten it perfect. And it's disgustingly downsampled compared to my GigaPan, I will try to upload the .TIFF.

But here's the corrected one:

SOL 3:

www.360cities.net...

Edit - THIS is the 457 MB .TIFF! Pure, uncompressed data in a 360 panorama! Finally!
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I think Dr Vasavada has got good intentions. He did take the time to answer your email and he also did it with a very personal letter.
If something is up, it is probably from a higher level than Dr Vasavada.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

www.webfilehost.com...

The file type is not allowed. But it's an image.

Uploading a 350 MB .BMP. It looks like it's working. Will post link.

350Mb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you wonder why you are having problems..........please come on. End of thread, problem found.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

reply to post by flexy123

Hey - do you know of any link to that conference?

Here is the recorded Ustream from yesterday's conference:

www.ustream.tv...

And here is the page with some images to this conference

www.nasa.gov...

It was basically a status update on the mission, press people were calling in and asking questions as well.

MSL Media Teleconference 08.14.12

New images from the Curiosity rover mission have been released as part of a NASA teleconference that took place on Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012, to provide a status update on the mission to Mars’ Gale Crater.
Participants

Michael Watkins MSL mission manager, JPL

Alfred McEwen Principal investigator, High Resolution Image Science Experiment (HiRISE) , Univ. of Arizona, Tucson

Ashwin Vasavada MSL deputy project scientist, JPL

Jim Donaldson MSL avionics chief engineer, JPL

edit on 15-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Some time ago I wrote that I wouldn't post and I didn't.

This's important so I'm going to break my absence from posting.

To the OP.

Many ... many ..."things" on that image.

One you can look for..

And what's that ?

Many things to find... many.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Lastone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
NASA's message... Curiosity killed the cat and they will cover it up.
edit on 15-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Haha - There was a thumbs down before I typed "Thumbs down from Yahoo - sad" and now it's gone. What the hell, man. This is actually starting to be funny!

I think the reason yahoo is deleting links from your comment is due to automated spam filters. Similar to facebook and youtube when a link is posted.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Because it is not the OP's original picture(s). Therefore that is copyright..

that doesn't make sense to me..

sense to me since millions upon millions of ppl around the globe have DL'd NASA pics ...I think the OP even stated that he got them from NASA and clipped them together to make the gigapan.. their still NASA's pics..just better put together..

why would NASA and yahoo .. etc.. give the entire run around..

I smell a rat..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join