It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Its Pareidolia at its best

en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

Originally posted by JasonT
They're called "rocks". You'll find them in your garden too.

Take a look, I'm not lying.

Thank you. I remember reading a post on some blog where this guy was picking out half-buried people, machines, some sort of other species, when all I saw were rocks - and more rocks.

Mars is barren. The question is when did life die off on that planet and why? Where there advanced civilizations? I think there's enough evidence to suggest that at one point Mars was very Earth-like. What happened and why?

We are going to have to actually dig to find artifacts. That planet has been hot and volcanic for too long for us to simply stumble on a 2 thousand year old iPAD.

Yeah, man - quoted for truth. This may be science fact very soon. Not that hard to believe.

They're already saying there was most definitely life there. That's why the rover is there.

If there was life there, why wouldn't artifacts or fossils or even skeletons still be buried under that dust and rocks??? They are on Earth!

People need to stop claiming they know everything - or better yet - people need to stop speaking in certainties - as I said. Yeah, these things LOOK interesting, but until anything comes about it, it's just going to be considered pareidolia.

And that goes for the skeptics here as well.

So pareidolia or not, there could very well be things under that dirt and those rocks. Am I wrong to assume that?
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
US Govt owned images can't be copyrighted.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
OP out of curosity - do you have any proof (digital watermarking) that you made the image? The reason that i ask is because you could be placing these institutions into a possible legal quagmire by providing (and linking to the image on their page). I'm not familiar with NASA's copyright for their images, but it's also possible you've violated that in making the image itself.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

My thoughts are this, one of the reasons you have been censored is you upstaged NASA and did a better job of them when posting the panoramic view of the surface. This is another reason when Curiosity landed on Mars the first photo I remember seeing was of the mountains and at the base of those mountains there is water. I got on Facebook and was telling everyone that there is water at the base of those mountains. I have spent years viewing satellite and ground zero photos of Mars and have done many paintings of what I see on the surface. You my friend beat NASA by enhancing the photo before they could announce water near the landing sight. This would be big news and you beat them to the punch by showing that water was there thru your enhancing the photo. You see those tiny humanoids running around on the surface I was the first to name them Sandmaries way back when. ^Y^

edit on 15-8-2012 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link