It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing your version of the mosaic. It's pretty incredible. The version NASA released was processed in a standard way and as quickly as possible to get it out to the public. There will be better versions created by the team. I'll show them this one for now. If you're not aware, there are other people such as yourself who create better versions of the image products from NASA. You might want to post yours here www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Ashwin --

Dr. Ashwin R. Vasavada
MSL Deputy Project Scientist
LRO Diviner Co-Investigator
(818) 39*-**** office / (310) 72*-2*** cell

WOW! I am highly impressed, this is one of the big guys there. He was in that conference yesterday, i am really suprised those guys take the time to answer emails - and he thought your Image was great!!

edit on 14-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I just heard the conference. Awesome. I thought Ashwin was going to have a really heavy accent for some reason. The man is smart (well, duh - that would explain his position there).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Looking at your gigapan I notice one user made a snapshot of a rock with a face.
I like it.
It's a very strange rock indeed.

gigapan.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflected
I don't understand why your having a censorship issue.

I found this today which is far superior to the one you made (I'm sure you will agree), and is being promoted by New Scientist.
360 Mars

Sorry, you seem legit... anyone else might be accused of attention seeking for the hard work they had done.

Actually, those dark lines look like truck tracks going over the hill and down away from the rover. Could there be a lab just over the crest of the hill? I don't think that is water, or wet soil, we are looking at.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pterra
Looking at your gigapan I notice one user made a snapshot of a rock with a face.
I like it.
It's a very strange rock indeed.

gigapan.com...

Here is even a stranger picture of a collection of rocks. Almost looks like a burial site or something.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First of all i'm not surprised by the fact that you got no response to your emails. These people are usually pretty busy and you panorama wasn't something that deserved immediate attention.
And really your panorama looks sort of unfinished with all those white spaces ( i don't think they care that nasa didn't provide subframes ).
Everything is very obvious to me but the torrent sites. Usually torrent trackers aren't very moderated places. Could you tell us what trackers did you post the torrents on and which one banned your IP ?

In my opinion theres no censorship here. Only ignorance.
Your panorama is cool, but not that cool

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wrote NASA once after I read an article about them blowing a chunk of a comet to take pictures. To my surprise they answered me right back and gave an explanation saying there was no danger. They requested the link where I read the article as well and said people get carried away or something to that extent. They later got their pictures and no particles rained down in the atmosphere causing mini nukes. It was a bit of a ridiculous article but I figured hey I'll message and see how they respond. Anyways, it gave me good impressions of them it went over very well with me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

...they answered me right back and gave an explanation saying there was no danger

No danger to NASA or the human population? And you trust EVERYTHING what NASA says?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
First of all i'm not surprised by the fact that you got no response to your emails. These people are usually pretty busy and you panorama wasn't something that deserved immediate attention.
And really your panorama looks sort of unfinished with all those white spaces ( i don't think they care that nasa didn't provide subframes ).
Everything is very obvious to me but the torrent sites. Usually torrent trackers aren't very moderated places. Could you tell us what trackers did you post the torrents on and which one banned your IP ?

In my opinion theres no censorship here. Only ignorance.
Your panorama is cool, but not that cool

A skeptic. That's fine. Me too (these days).

You imply I may be taking it too far or to another level. If you say so, and I would cop out to it, but did you see the DoD on my blocker? Xerox PARC???? Come on, man. Go see for yourself. A screenshot of my blocker is in this thread. Find it. I'm not your papa.

Of course I could be too paranoid about it, but the internet cutting out when distributing the torrents (when they were up)? And then today my modem was out for 2 or 3 hours when I was trying to POST the screen-cap?

I don't WANT this to be anything. That's why I'm somewhat not happy this thread is getting high press.

Also, my pano is better than NASA's and you know it. Not to toot my horn, but better stitching. So why don't YOU try to do better than NASA and myself? Hmmm?

And I don't know much about how torrenting itself works, so I found a tutorial on how to make a torrent.

And I posted it earlier. It was ExtraTorrent.com that banned me. I posted the torrent, labeled it, and that was it. No comments in forums - nothing.

Thanks for your comment.
And your condescension.
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

You may recall the bouncing rovers a few years ago lol.

1/3rd G, 3 x distance.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mates, it's just rocks.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflected
I don't understand why your having a censorship issue.

I found this today which is far superior to the one you made (I'm sure you will agree), and is being promoted by New Scientist.
360 Mars

Sorry, you seem legit... anyone else might be accused of attention seeking for the hard work they had done.

I do agree. That's a nice one. But it's SOL 2, no color, and it's made from low resolution images...

But that sun looks cool.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This thread fascinates me for many reasons.

I would like to hear the opinions if computer professionals of any.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen,
introducing you the first capture of fossil on planet mars, spine and rebs included.(scroll to right)

Reference image

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by ezwip

...they answered me right back and gave an explanation saying there was no danger

No danger to NASA or the human population? And you trust EVERYTHING what NASA says?

I love conspiracies I question everything. She gave a more detailed explanation and was very polite about it. I'd read so many negative things about them that I really didn't expect it. I remember visiting the space museum in Houston when I was a kid. At least that's where I think it was. When I stared at those machines I just didn't believe anyone went to the moon on them. I was in 6th grade and when we got back I had to write a book report. I grabbed a book on mars from the library and wrote my report that there was water on the moon. I cited the book as reference. The school called my parents and demanded I write another report. That book was pulled from the school's library. I never wrote another report for them and stood my ground. I received a 0. No doubt people hide things from us, but it wasn't NASA doing it. I watched the faculty dive on that grenade with my eyes wide open for personal amusement. Anyways, I like to think that there are some good people over there looking out for us.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Sorry, i missed the your peerblock screenshot.

"This came up in my IP blocker 2 days ago when I was torrenting the NASA image."

You answered your own question. With some research on google you'd find out a pattern between DoD Network Information Center and torrents (blacklists and/or pirate search). Xerox is working closely with DoD and as i found out DoD tends to outsource such "scanning" projects.
Basicly if you would not have used torrent sites at that time you firewall would've been working like always.

As for the internet cutting out, the uploading is probably eating up your bandwith, or wrong settings if you're using uTorrent by any chance. ( Its probably just your inexperience with torrents )

Your panorama is better in a way that its highres and has better stitching, but your usual article reader will not be zooming in all over the place looking for weird rocks ( like they're doing here on ATS ) thats why they choose the complete version which is nice to look at and get the feeling like you're on mars.

Btw i wasn't condescending your work. Its just not "yahoo" material. And btw i work with high-res images quite often and i've done a few panoramas throughout the years as well. I'm sure i could make one with decent stitching and no "forced" perspectives. I wouldn't even think of sending something like that to yahoo though.
Still you did a good job with the pano and the ATS'ers will have a blast looking for pixelated faces on rocks.

You can calm down. You won't be seeing black choppers anytime soon lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

I'm sorry. It's all cool.
And you're right about the Yahoo! thing.

Edit - "Pixelated faces" - And so it begins (see below)...

I bet your laughing your butt off at us. But that does look convincing.

And I don't know about photo editing. It was my first pano, and even the first image I ever worked on. Probably more luck than anything...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Ladies and gentlemen,
introducing you the first capture of fossil on planet mars, spine and rebs included.(scroll to right)

Reference image

Thank you! Nice find! Now that looks interesting! Even looks like a head (circled).

Cool! Let's get the experts in here and figure it out!

Here ya go:

Holy CRAP that looks like a skull! Brilliant find! (standing ovation)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Got a bunch of Richard C. Hoagland's posting in this thread. I see nothing but rocks and soil.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
Got a bunch of Richard C. Hoagland's posting in this thread. I see nothing but rocks and soil.

I don't know about everyone else, but notice how I word things. I don't say "It IS" or "That's DEFINITELY a...".

No.

I say things like, "It sure does LOOK LIKE a....".

There are some intriguing images in this thread. Look at the post a few posts ago and scroll right. You're going to tell me that it doesn't LOOK like a skull or something? I'm not talking about speaking in certainties.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
They're called "rocks". You'll find them in your garden too.

Take a look, I'm not lying.

Thank you. I remember reading a post on some blog where this guy was picking out half-buried people, machines, some sort of other species, when all I saw were rocks - and more rocks.

Mars is barren. The question is when did life die off on that planet and why? Where there advanced civilizations? I think there's enough evidence to suggest that at one point Mars was very Earth-like. What happened and why?

We are going to have to actually dig to find artifacts. That planet has been hot and volcanic for too long for us to simply stumble on a 2 thousand year old iPAD.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join