It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temecula Ca. On Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by newsoul

I hope you brother is ok. Im having a dig at the super rich who's summer house's are burning not the general population. They will probably use your brothers taxes to rebuild in one way or another. What will they give him? Aside from a larger insurance premium.
edit on 15-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Shake I have to say if there were any way to start a controversy in this here thread. Yall just found her !

edit on 15-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Im not trying to take anything away from what is obviously a horrific experience for anyone or hijack your thread with controversy. It just kind of came out, point is the rich summer house owners will be insured up there kazoo its not like they are going to be made homeless like a lot of the general populace in the area.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

My brother is fine, thank you for your heartfelt concern. The fire is apparently further west of them.

I hope EVERYONE in Temecula is safe and unharmed from the fires.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by randyvs

Im not trying to take anything away from what is obviously a horrific experience for anyone or hijack your thread with controversy. It just kind of came out, point is the rich summer house owners will be insured up there kazoo its not like they are going to be made homeless like a lot of the general populace in the area.

Hey I don't mind your point so much, but it does seem a little callus is all.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was worried about the fire season, especially considering Oceanside was 90 in some parts over the weekend.

Good luck out there Temeculans. I have some friends and family in that area. I'm going to make some calls just to see if everything is ok.

Are you ( or other members ) in the fire path, Randy? If you need help, or get evacuated email me. I am close by.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

My brother is not one of the "super rich", but he does well for himself and his family. He is a responsible person and I am sure that his property is well insured. Why wouldn't it be?? If you invest in something, wouldn't you insure it? From your post it sounds like anyone who has a good job and has a home and insurance shouldn't care if their dreams burn to the ground.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Wow ATS members I just can't believe the offer I just got from W3. No my friend I'm in Apple Valley and just keeping track of this puppy.

I can't say thank you enough for your concern though.
Stand down .
Unless someone else needs you stud.

A Freemason ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No worries!

Glad to hear youre not in the middle of it.

Other than some sever smoke, so far my connections seem to be out of danger.

edit on 15-8-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's a link for the latest on the fire.

5% contained.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

"My brother is not one of the "super rich", but he does well for himself and his family."

At no point did i say your brother(who i do genuinely hope is ok and not out of pocket by any manner or means) is one of the "super rich". How could i even know? That would be genuinely impressive.

"He is a responsible person and I am sure that his property is well insured. Why wouldn't it be??"

The obvious answer to that is money, but as you say his property is well insured so its moot point

"If you invest in something, wouldn't you insure it?"

No seems like a protection racket to me................maybe against fire and flooding now that HAARP is here.

"From your post it sounds like anyone who has a good job and has a home and insurance shouldn't care if their dreams burn to the ground."

Where have i said they shouldn't care if their dreams burn to the ground? I will say however if they are rich enough to own a second home(And have a 6 figure bank account) atleast they will not be destitute like so many others in the same situation.

There are starving homeless people out there for gods sake, second home my arse. The way that wealth is distributed among the populace of your nation and also my own is a farce. Thats the point i was trying to make! I also apologise if the comment i made regarding your brother seemed callus, the truth can appear that way sometimes!

Again im glad he is ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The one thing I can say, is my sister in law is right there on the other side of the freeway. And tho most of the people there in Temecula own a business or have great jobs. I'm sure as hell they all have to earn the nice homes they enjoy. So I definitely sympathize to what there going thru.

I'd rather drink turpentine and take a whiz on a brush fire, than see my wife's sister go thru this. She is a true sweetheart.

NOW THE WIND IS GOING TO KICK UP !

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"The one thing I can say is my sister in law is right there on the other side of the freeway and tho most of the people there in Temecula own a business or have great jobs I'm sure as hell they all have to earn it. "

Glad you sister is ok. Im sure they do have to earn there money, main reason im sure is the only people(If you can call them that) that get to sit back and do nothing while everone else works there fingers to the bone are the very people i was having a dig at in the first place, the super rich. A blight on society in my humble opinion, ok not so humble.

As for the rest of the people i hope they manage to get through this with as little pain and striff as is possible.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

See now, this distribution of wealth thing, that's for another thread. I certainly wouldn't want anyone distributing MY wealth!!

I had heard that they were getting the fires under control, if the wind picks up I'm sure things will go crazy again!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well here is what's going on now.

Big effort to save livestock. And from just a few minutes ago it says fire fighters have caught a few breaks in saving homes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

"See now, this distribution of wealth thing, that's for another thread."

Only thing is distribution of wealth seems to be affecting every aspect of our society these days.

"I certainly wouldn't want anyone distributing MY wealth!!"

Put it under or in your mattress then, banks are shall we say not very trustworthy these days, or so i've heard.

Lets hope the wind stays down this evening.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Every time you do that I crack up! LMAO!

Randy,

I live in East County, San DIego. They're saying there are 4 fires in this general area, and firefighters fear they will all merge to one big fire!

Yesterday, it was 103 here in the house. They have us on limited power and my air-conditioner keeps blowing a circuit. We really can't use much electricity till after 5 here!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"I'd rather drink turpentine and take a whiz on a brush fire"

Thats quite possibly how it started, so lets not do that! Just trying to bring a bit of levity to the thread. Please dont take it the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Me too!! In Hemet here. Watched the smoke from the living room window.
I am open today but in school tomorrow. Let me know.
And good to know a few of us from the same general area.

Thanks Randy

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Son of a. All differences a side Win. I feel for you and it seems we have both fallen under the same damn gun.
I'm in Apple Valley and our air conditioning has been out since the day before the heat wave swooped in. Been so miserable and property management is doing squat to fix it.

Been quite a test of patience my man. Sucks.

I had to send the Gaul a PM on that one.

" It was aliens what did it "

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Me too!! In Hemet here. Watched the smoke from the living room window. I am open today but in school tomorrow. Let me know. And good to know a few of us from the same general area.

That's the thing about ATS isn't it ? We can pull together and be friends no matter our petty differences we have slopped all over every flat surface in this house. Which is exactly why I refuse above all else, to hold grudges thru these boards.

You're good right Rebel ? No danger so far ?

Winword

The cause of the fire has been confirmed as

lightning.

So there you go Win. Something else to blame on God.
Don't even take that the wrong way.

Above Top Secret

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join