It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temecula Ca. On Fire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Temecula Ca. On Fire

abclocal.go.com

AGUANGA, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A brush fire burning in the community of Aguanga near Temecula prompted mandatory evacuations Tuesday afternoon.

Mandatory evacuations were ordered for residents north of Sage Road, South of Stanley Road, East of Benton Road and West of Reed Valley Road.

Related Photos

Wildfire burns in Aguanga
View all 10 photos
An evacuation center has been opened by the American Red Cross at the Community Recreation Center, located at 30875 Rancho Vista Road in Temecula.

The brush fire, dubbed the "Buck Fire," had burned about 125 acres by 4 p.m. Three str
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The sun was so hot today. I knew it was going to come to this.
This fire could go completely off the charts in the midst of some very expensive homes.

I hope they get this puppy under control.

Uv rays for today were extreme at 11
Again Riverside county. Temecula Ca. homes evacuated 3 structures damaged. Mandatory evacs. More homes being threatened in another fire further south. A giant wall of smoke.

Excessive heat warnings.

Horses and livestock being evacuated with 200 plus fire fighters 6 tankers and 6 choppers on scene.

edit on 14-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The sun was so hot today. I knew it was going to come to this.
This fire could go completely off the charts in the midst of some very expensive homes.

I hope they get this puppy under control.

Uv rays for today were extreme at 11
Again Riverside county. Temecula Ca. homes evacuated 3 structures damaged. Mandatory evacs. More homes being threatened in another fire further south. A giant wall of smoke.

Excessive heat warnings.

it's .. .

suppose to get up to 103*F tomorrow in Portland OR..so it'll be about 108*F where I live.. thx GOD for AC in the cars~!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the update.

I have been saying this for the last two years. The whole North County / Riverside area hasn't had the big yearly fires since 2009. The rainy season has been starting in late Aug. - early Sept.

There is now 3 years of brush just itching to go up, and when it does it's going to be epic.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Being called " The Buck " fire and I too have been expecting this. The cause is being reported as lightning with investigators on scene no official cause. High humidity and thunderstorms are giving home owners some hope.[

Earthquakes, fires, lightning, extreme heat and humidity and a Uv index of 11 and very extreme.
Gotta love California !

This is one of the C 130s on scene. From an earlier fire. No footage on Y-tube yet that I can find.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
well 96 in the shade right now. only 125 acres burned so far (caught the tv live report just now).
only a slight haze on the horizon but the wind is blowing south fairly strong).
i live near the intersection of the 15 and the 91.
anyway i hope this doesnt get too big would hate to see it burn up and over the hills by corona because then we might have problems here. anyway i will keep looking outside to see.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Benevolent Adversary

You're right there in Corona ?
I hope the hell they get all the horses out of there. Now a house has gone up in flames.
I know horses go crazy with fear and will run directly into thee flames.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long ass night.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i am not actually in corona it is about 3 miles away and temecula is over the hills about 10-15 as a bird flies so all i can see at the moment is the haze surronding the hills. too much wind to see smoke on this side of the hills but the haze is unmistakeable. when i look north there is no haze. and so we are clear there is a bit of difference between the usual pollution haze (which actually doesnt not occur nearly as much as when i first moved to california.) and the haze from a fire.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Tons of vegetation in the hills above you also. I know the area like the back of my hand. Stay safe. And continue to update us with what you can see. Emergency vehicles are going to be responding on the freeway I can just bet.

Might as well get some coffee going. This first 250 acres are gone I expect much more from this where it is.

Again mandatory evacs. on checkmate road.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They called in the DC 10 !

Stock footage

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

CHEMTRAILS!!!!

2nd...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
well wind changed directions and slowed so now i can slightly smell the fire and can see the smoke layer below some far clouds. lol the clouds are showing a pretty pink color as the sun goes down i dont see any indication that it is moving north towards me though. i havent checked the news.
yeah there is quite alot of dried brush that the fire could use if it starts coming north but personally i am not gonna worry about it but those closer to the fire might. i doubt it will actually get over the mountains (or are they hills not sure). if it gets into cleveland national forrest it might cause problems not sure when that last burned. i know the hills between the fire and my house burned a few years ago so doubt it would spread thru there very fast. but i dont ever recall the low hills behind my house ever having burned since i moved out in 1980. there isnt much vegetation there (especially since they built the whole small valley over the crest from me) but it still might cause havok if it gets this far (unfortuanately the wind is moving north now so might be possible later on.
anyway things seems safe for me at least for now. once it gets dark i should be able to get a better perspective on what is actually going on over the hills so i might have to panic later on lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

i might have to panic later on lol.

I love how they tell people not to panic.

But it's a FIRE !

The perfect time for panic.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thats what i like to see rich folks hopes and dreams up in the air. They really should learn to share the wealth more evenly. I hope the population and local wildlife dont sustain to much damage, but as for all the mansions going up in flames, burn baby burn!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

My brother lives in Temecula, and I don't think that you would like for your lifes work to go up in flames. How very mature of you

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Thats what i like to see rich folks hopes and dreams up in the air. They really should learn to share the wealth more evenly. I hope the population and local wildlife dont sustain to much damage, but as for all the mansions going up in flames, burn baby burn!

Wishing a Destructive Fate on those who May Be Better off than you Brings you Happiness???
I Feel Sorry for you and the Anger that flows in your Veins... How about we Hope all this Destruction in the States Comes to an End this year We REALLY Can't Take much more...Tornado's,Flash Floods,Drought,Wild Fires, we need a Lot of Good Karma to Bring us outta this Situation this year!! Stop the HATE! Start the LOVE ! ~ ☼ ('
')

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The whole West seems to be on fire. Idaho, Washington, Oregon and I think Nevada also. Fires in the West, drought in the Midwest and I talked to some guy yesterday that was complaining about it raining in Florida. It has been quite the summer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by randyvs

CHEMTRAILS!!!!

2nd...

You are mistaken, those are low altitude contrails. The reddish colour is due to the glow of the fire.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"Wishing a Destructive Fate on those who May Be Better off than you Brings you Happiness???"

Is that right, because the love and peace crap dont seem to be cutting it at this moment, but you are correct i do wish a destructive fate on the super rich who are destroying society and the world in general. I am what i am im afraid.

"I Feel Sorry for you and the Anger that flows in your Veins"

You said i was happy a second ago, now im angry? Im not angry, thanks for your concern all the same, maybe you can say a prayer or some other bullcrap that will save my eternal soul. LoL

"How about we Hope all this Destruction in the States Comes to an End this year We REALLY Can't Take much more...Tornado's,Flash Floods,Drought,Wild Fires"

Stop trying to control the Earth and maybe, just maybe nature will leave you alone.

"we need a Lot of Good Karma to Bring us outta this Situation this year!"

Good luck with that one since America must be into negative numbers by now in regards to Karma. I will add that my own nation is no better.

"Stop the HATE! Start the LOVE!"

The 60s are over im afraid, JFK got wasted by "Them". Bring home your military and remove the totalitarian NWO scum that run your country and we will see how it goes!

Peace to your population, death to your current government and super rich scum that tell you how high you can jump!

Wake up pal, the world is burning not just Temecula Ca!
edit on 15-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I hope you brother is ok. Im having a dig at the super rich who's summer house's are burning not the general population. They will probably use your brothers taxes to rebuild in one way or another. What will they give him? Aside from a larger insurance premium.
edit on 15-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join