putting laxatives in college meals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is just a topic that I have stumbled across in my recent research of health services, putting laxatives in college students meals. Few college students know of this "rumor", but I do personally feel that it could be true. I have also read that Grade D meat is used.
Lot of the food is heavy in carbs, and you know what carbs do to sugar addicted college students ? Makes them happy, why wouldn't the administration want students to feel happy at college, @ a time which could be very stressful, especially when are parents are paying $1,000 a semester, just on food. Putting laxatives in the food makes students go to the bathroom more. This helps them rid their bodies of sicknesses and diseases quicker. At the same time, this also makes students hungrier. The cafeteria is located on the third floor of my door building, therefore its basically unaviodable.
The people who work in the cafeteria also contribute to this conspiracy. All are minorites were I work. All a super-duper, almost disgustingly courteous. Most I would say are either spanish or mexican. I have seen a couple leave the building, after a long day's work they come out of the dorms in their regular clothes. Most have very simple plain clothing and are picked up and dropped off by a significant other. I'm not trying to be prejudice in anyway. But what I'm saying is that for a food service company to hire minorities, put them in clean white clothes, put them in a clean cafeteria with all new appliances. Tell them to be kind. Serve food. It just all seems so planned out.

If you have any opinions or even better, further information on this topic..please leave one.

collegefood.blogspot.com... ... ive.html-- this site is funny cause it's all interviews with college kids. I especially like the line, "stop putting laxatives in our food" "oh were not going to get into that." The interviewer is obviously biased.

www.collegian.psu.edu... ... lth-03.asp -- this site brings up some intresting topics, blatently a coverup for food industries

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I believe this wholeheartedly. You should try my school's food.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if this were true. More likely it's just college students using laxatives as a prank on other students. Sounds like something I would do.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This also reminds me of a prank I heard about on another website. Some high schooler put syran wrap on all of the toilets. Next he added laxative to the school's cooking ingridients for chili or something like that.

After lunch as you can imagine a whole bunch of people crap their pants. As for those who made it to the toilet, well read the second line of this post. It sure would have been funny if it weren't for the smell.

apc

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
An easy way to disprove it would be to feed a student that attends the suspect college normal untainted food for several days. If they have been fed laxatives on a regular basis, they will be dependant, and unable to have bowel movements without.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have to admit, I used to utilize those Ex-Lax chocolate Laxatives in things like Brownies or Chocolate Chip cookies as a revenge device way back when I was young.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
this is funnier than the see through skirts i just left god that would be funny if they really did do that

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is also something that I've heard before. There's almost certainly no truth in it. The food isn't the best food, yes, and it upsets peoples stomachs and whatnot, yes, but laxatives? No, its silly, serves no purpose, and would almost certainly be illegal.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I swear back when I was in college I would believe this 100%

That food was more toxic waste than anything. It sucked being broke at college, and just 2 blocks away was a McDonalds taunting me

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My schools is cool, the canteen or cafeteria is privatly owned, its not the schools.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
at our school, the food is GREAT!
well, it's really a university, tho. that may have something to do with it.
we can buy things like wraps and burritos, regular rolls or calzone, fruit and vegetables, and there's also a pizza/wok-restaurant.

the main cafeteria also has special dinners at least three times a week, where one can buy.. real food. chicken etc. - and it tastes delicious.

no laxatives there, i tell you.

as for the whole idea of laxatives - it could very well be true, if it was springfield elementary
i believe there was a similar thing in simpsons once..?
as thecoolerkid said, it has a logical side to it, making the students hungrier and all - causing them to buy more food. but then again, as nygdan said - iiiiilleeeegal.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I believe they are also adding emetics. It would certainly support the rampant bulimia.
Was it Naomi Wolfe who wrote about the clogged bathrooms at her college dorm?

Heh

Dorms, shudder.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was once a regular guy....

I thought it was just me for the longest time, even though my friends and I would have our cafeteria s--- after we'd return to our dorms, I figured it was just "moving things out".

One time we noticed a note on the tables saying "We cater!..", to which one of my friends said, "Yeah, I want to give diahrrea to all my closest friends!".

I don't know if it was so much laxatives, but lots of grease. The milk was problematic also. Word on campus that it came from cows off the university farm; sometimes it tasted like it wasn't entirely pastuerized, and was sufficiently chilled only about half the time, at best.

All the serving staff were minorities, in my case, African-American. My sociology class got the employment records of all staff on campus -- to a person, every minority working a comparable job of a non-minority was paid much less. It was very obvious.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm at a university, and I eat in the dorm cafeterias regularly. No side effects (and I eat almost anything.)

Truth is, dorm cafeterias are inspected by the local health department and have to maintain cleanliness and food standards equal to any local restaurant. In addition (as others have mentioned) cafeterias aren't the only option availalbe for dining. At the three universities I've visited lately (in addition to my university), they all had fast food joints available in the student union (Taco Bell, KFC, etc, etc.) and regular food was available just a short walk off campus.

Uiversities and colleges aren't high schools. Nobody tells you where to eat and what to eat.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Nice advice, but some folks don't have spare money to spend at off campus locales for our meals.

I, and many of my chums had a 20-meal plan: three meals a day Mon.-Sat., and two meals on Sunday.

Sunday was the day we'd go out to eat somewhere. Our meal plans meant we could have a meal in the cafeteria for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost off campus - that's money that adds-up for people who don't qualify for financial aid, have to work to put themselves through school, or don't have a rich mommy and daddy giving them spending money.

I'm sure they were subjected to inspections, but I remember at least two incident's that slipped through the cracks - live roaches in the salad bin, and a tightly-curled hair pulled from my friend's lasagna.

I'm sure you meant no offense by your post, and I mean none by mine, just clarifying.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The rumor at our school was that they put starch into the lettuce to make it crunchy, because the lettuce they had was actually wilted. I could not tell you if this is true but the lettuce did have a weird texture.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I would definitely believe this. Without going into any gross details, I can say that my . . . er . . . output . . . substantially increased in frequency once I came to college. On the other hand, I also started breaking out a lot more, which is very frustrating, as the foods I'm eating shouldn't cause anything like that, yet it's no doubt due to some secret ingredient.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
wow, this thread is still here, and to think of a whole year that I didn't come back to this thread...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm a freshman at penn state this year, and I've noticed this trend as well. After discussing it with a bunch of guys on my floor, we're convinced that the dining commons does indeed put laxatives in their food. One of my friends said they had a discussion in one of their classes about it, and apparently the laxatives serve as a safeguard against ecoli, botulism, and other nasty bugs thats are probably growing. I guess they want to flush your system out before the germs have a chance to set in. Crazy this # is going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thecoolerking22

I'm strarting to believe the same thing. Im a Freshman at USF and before i came here, when I used to eat regular meals at home I only went once a day. But ever since I came here for the fall semester I go 2, 3, times a day, once I went 4 or 5 times in a single day. This is rediculous and I have to go during the most random times like in class or while Im doing my homework. I brought this topic up and some think its funny but I dont. We may never know for sure if they're doing it. But if my knowledge is correct, the kitchen orders the food prepackaged then they cook it. One of the cooks said the foods do contain laxatives. The laxatives may have already been put in the packaged food before it arrived on campus. I dont like this idea of laxatives in our food.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join