It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand grenades used in Manchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hi all
I just saw this, why is this not being covered by the msm?
Sounds like a warzone
Why the balaclavas?
menmedia.co.uk... n-street

p.s. its my first thread

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To bad they dont have any laws to prevent this kind of stuff.
OH WAIT!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That was brutal.
Heck in the US we don't use grenades, we just use a gun.
It seems a gun and a grenade were used in this story.
WOW.
I wonder if that was a registered grenade?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Markive

It was a targeted attack and has been covered by everyone in the media.

Police investigating the murder of a man in a shooting and hand grenade attack have released CCTV images of a similar attack on a second house. The body of David Short, 46, was found at a house in Clayton, Manchester, following reports of gunshots and an explosion on Friday. Detectives want to speak to Dale Cregan, 29, of Droylsden, and Anthony Wilkinson, 33, of Beswick. Mr Cregan is also wanted in connection with the murder of Mr Short's son Mark.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
Hi all
I just saw this, why is this not being covered by the msm?
Sounds like a warzone
Why the balaclavas?
menmedia.co.uk... n-street

p.s. its my first thread

WOW~!...

those are police in sky masks ?? ~!!! their not even in uniform.. !!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Short family are well known as a crime family in the Manchester/ Tameside area as are the Cregan family . David shorts son was short dead 4 weeks in a nearbye pub and now this. scary when it's happening in your area. Grenades though, wtf

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That’s what you get for not instituting strict hand grenade control!

Originally posted by Komodo
WOW~!...

those are police in sky masks ?? ~!!! their not even in uniform.. !!

LOL!!!!!! They look like they come right out of a monty python sketch.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This was probably more of a message being sent to whomever, not a very smart one, pretty stupid actually. In the video at least in one of them it says its a "WW2 era hand grenade" they have little blast effect and rely mostly on the fragments as seen in the video, probably around 20 meters maximum.

Hence they are designed mostly to stun and maim the target, discharging rounds in to the house would of probably been more dangerous lest the danger posed to innocent bystanders. The balacavlas are probably a precaution taken by officers in case this involved the IRA or some other organization.
edit on 14-8-2012 by onethatisrampant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by onethatisrampant

I think the message was this

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just goes to show that when you have STRICT gun control measures in place, CRIMINALS WHO WILL ALWAYS EXIST, will just add WORST THINGS to their arsenal!!!!!

Do you PRO-GUN CONTROL fools prefer grenades and other things that go BOOM over guns? At least with guns, the GOOD citizens have a tool to NEUTRALIZE the MAD MEN of society that resort do GARBAGE like this.

edit on 15-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Because we aren't allowed guns we all, in Britian, carry around Molotov cocktails in our back pockets. In the case of an argument there is a Molotov battle off. If we get through the day without being confronted by criminals and their illegal guns, we swig on the Molotov's in celebration.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Because we aren't allowed guns we all, in Britian, carry around Molotov cocktails in our back pockets. In the case of an argument there is a Molotov battle off. If we get through the day without being confronted by criminals and their illegal guns, we swig on the Molotov's in celebration.

Ahhh you just reminded me of my childhood, wasn't a year went by when someones house didn't get firebombed in the street and it only had 300 odd houses in it.

So was it American or British grenades? Not that it matters, they are piss easy to get anyway. Farmers all over France and Holland etc are still finding stashes of them all the damn time, whether they get deactivated before they get back in this country for selling on to collectors is questionable.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

join