It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Food Should Be Free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Aren't we humans supposed to be able to eat for free like the rest of the animals?

Anyhow, one food usually found in all stores should be free of price, and that one food should be bread. Which type of bread? All types of bread!

The Federal government should free up bread all across the U.S. For there should be one food we humans can get to consume for FREE. Shouldn't it be? Who dares disagree with me on this?

The U.S. should add one more amendment to the constitution... It should be that all bread at all stores is to be free from price.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It would never work in a capitlism based society. Where there is no money to profit from, people refuse to manufacture.

No income would mean farmers would be growing crops other than wheat, stores would end up refusing to stock bread. But for the bread that does get through to the stores, it would be taken by people with greed.

Capitalism = Greed. It would never work.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Steal a loaf of bread to feed your kids. Prison term.
Steal billions of dollars through capitalism. Negligible fine.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You forgot to mention the circuses.
2nd

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Aren't we humans supposed to be able to eat for free like the rest of the animals?

Anyhow, one food usually found in all stores should be free of price, and that one food should be bread. Which type of bread? All types of bread!

The Federal government should free up bread all across the U.S. For there should be one food we humans can get to consume for FREE. Shouldn't it be? Who dares disagree with me on this?

The U.S. should add one more amendment to the constitution... It should be that all bread at all stores is to be free from price.

hmmm no...

Sure, be free and eat for free like the rest of the animals...

Here, let me build a garden real quick, purchase some nutrients... do the work, harvest, and prepare it for you. Could you please preheat the oven?

Who do you suggest be in charge of making sure everything is free? The Government?

"You farmers, you bakers, you transporters, you store fronts will all provide free bread, or else!"

BTW... bread is not the answer lol!!!

You could have at least said potatoes, avocados or bananas!

vote Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Nice idea
but they wouldn't allow it to happen.

A better idea.
Get rid of the 1%. We dont need them. Then we'd all have a decent standard of living without having to beg.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"Today's Special: Jerked Quisling"

EAT the 1%!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
How about we just start limiting the amount of food people can buy. America alone throws out enough wasted food to feed a starving nation or two. Or was it to end world hunger? Not sure.

You see some of these 500 pound people? There is no need of that. Im not thin by any means. But seriously, if you can eat mcdonalds more than once a day then just feed yourself to starving kids.

Also make cooking and gardening classes mandatory.

Being able to hit 2:00 on the microwave does not help at all either.
edit on 14/8/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

I disagree with you. Bread is one of the more unhealthy things to eat.

I you want the government to subsidize the producers of a certain type of food (and you would have to because nobody can produce something for a cost and them give it away for free) then make it vegetables.

Pay farmers to grow vegetables and then provide them for free for anyone who wants them. It would be hard to get fat eating vegetables no matter how many you ate. If you want meat or bread then you can buy your own.
Now, I do not eat near enough vegetables and am really no lover of them but would be far healthier if I ate more of them as would most people. Of course we grow our own so we don't buy many anyways.

Win - Win situation.

1. Farmers make out well,
2. People could be fed for free
3. People would be healthier

link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
"Today's Special: Jerked Quisling"

EAT the 1%!

Roast them first though

link   
double?
edit on 14-8-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

You see some of these 500 pound people? There is no need of that.

Thank you for being brave enough to state the obvious! I'm serious I agree 100%!

People don't want to hear the truth.

Tip 4 the day - When you need to buy new clothes because your old clothes no longer fit, they are too tight, it's time to go on a diet!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Actually free food should not only be a human right, it should be done today, considering we have the resources and technology to do, in virtually ANY location.

You can grow a million pounds of food per 3 acres of indoor growing space, underground...for about 1/3 the cost of doing so above ground with traditional farming.

You also get fresher, better for you produce because it's rippened on sight and not picked until rippened, unlike the bulk of the produce you get today which is picked prior.

I won't get into a big thing about it, I'm making another thread regarding this topic, but there you have it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

And just who will bake this bread, and who will knead the dough, and mill the flour, and donate the wheat,and donate the yeast, who will make said yeast, who will donate the oil, who will squeeze the oil, who will donate the sugar, who wil refine the sugar, who will donate the salt, who will refine the salt, Etc.
There is a reason it is not free.
If you want free, you are more than welcome to forage the forest or your local park for all of the nuts and berries you want so long as you do not remove any from said property, you must think of the next guy you know.
Although I enjoy the glamour of my own bread, it is cheaper than store bought bread and healthier as I add no HFCS.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
One million pounds of food in 3 acres.
Vertical farming would be amazing coupled with aquaponics.

The world food shortage is a scam. It really is.
Not only do we waste enough to feed most of the world
We have the tech to grow enough for the world aside from that.
edit on 14/8/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If I may be so bold as to say people are either just not too bright, selfish, lazy, apathetic or just have lost the spirit of community? Lot's of food can be free. Here are some people that get it.
Edible forrest for the public .

Go for a drive for 15 minutes and tell me how many fruit and nut trees you see growing, or how many homeowners have "pretty" yet useless, inedible roughage growing. I say we bring this problem on ourselves. Now go grow something!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Free bread for all, will never happen. What can be done now, is a home garden tax credit. Make it worthwhile for people to start growing some of what they need to provide for their families. Those who can afford it, can hire out of work people to grow it for them. Sure there are some problems with this idea, but no worse than the welfare system in place now.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Not everyone eats a couple burgers and is finished.

Some people take the whole turkey as an appetizer.

edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We can eat free like the rest of the animals. we just refuse to do so. We can hunt, we can grow food, etc. That is free. It may not be steaks at Outback...but it is free if you choose to take advantage of it. We are surrounded by food (most of us) it just isn't prepared and laid out for us or wrapped in cellophane.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How about worker ownership?

If the workers owned the means of production, everything could be free. You don't need money to motivate people to produce what they need. You do need money to motivate you to work for someone else's benefit, i.e. profit for the private owner.

A needs based economy, where everyone's basic needs are met. No unemployment. More people working means less hours to produce what we need. No more producing crap we don't need that is just wasted resources and labour, e.g. we don't need a million choices, just make the best. We could easily feed and house all of us. Yes all of us, we are one, and should care for each other (capitalism perpetuates selfish desires). Lot's more free time for you to pursue your own interests and desires.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join