It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

Funniest comment ever... "this just hurts my brain". "forcefeilds on motorcycles". Just awesome friend star for you
edit on 15-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: Spelling error

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Actually law enforcement are never truly "off duty". An off duty officer who witnesses a crime is required to intervene. Some jurisdictions even require off duty officers to carry.

Also if you believe assualting an injured man providing first aid to an injured child is acceptable it would seem you are projecting your hatred of yourself onto this situation. As you would "drag him through the streets"

Oh yeah his god complex... Pulling rank... You werent there the only thing that can be said is an accident occured and instead of focusing on the priority 2 men assualted another man who had just been in an accident. I absolutely believe that officer felt his life was in danger
edit on 15-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

The father was justifiably distraught. I would not want anyone trying to help my kid who had just run her over either.. what the F is wrong with you people? The so called cop didn't think..

Think about this:

Mommy, when is daddy coming to see me in the hospital? Honey, Daddy is dead. He was shot and killed by the Police Man who ran you over.

Think about that little girl growing up with That on her plate.

Obviously, so called cop didn't. You really want people like that walking around with guns? Amazing.

No one else is thinking about it.. all they see is the cop was justified because he was being beaten.. B.S. Well damn straight Skippy.. I'd beat the F out of him too.. I do so hope this devil gets whats coming to him. People without conscience don't deserve to live.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I absolutely agree... The father was distraught. And I would want to hit the guy who hit her. Actually i would have liked to hit the guardian of her safety at the time. But guess what... Beating a man who was also just in an accident... With the help of 2 others absolutely reeks of cowardice and poor judgement. I feel bad for the girl she won't have dad around for her, but he was in the wrong beating anyone let alone an officer.

And one last thing... Had that been you... You would be dead. So it probably isnt a good idea to assualt a police officer.

For the record seek therapy.

I bet that cop had more of a concsious than a coward who would beat an injured man with the help of another. Dude you have a really twisted sense of reality

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The father was justifiably distraught. I would not want anyone trying to help my kid who had just run her over either.. what the F is wrong with you people? The so called cop didn't think..

I might agree, but this cop was injured too, and his first thought was to help this girl. He did what he thought was best and i dont blame him. The girls father however was so enraged, he may have beat this man, who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, to death. Do you not understand this was an accident and no one needed to beat anyone into unconciousness? And again, as pointed out to you time and time again, it was the father or cousin who was neglectful. Why wasnt this girl in bed and instead running onto a busy street?

Think about this:

Mommy, when is daddy coming to see me in the hospital? Honey, Daddy is dead. He was shot and killed by the Police Man who ran you over.

Of frickin please. This is on her fathers plate. If he didnt assault this man, he wouldnt have died.

Obviously, so called cop didn't. You really want people like that walking around with guns? Amazing.

Id rather that cop have the gun than the murderous father.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Think about this:

Actually if Mommy was intellegent she would say, " Dear, Daddy is no longer around because he did not care for you and come to your aid but instead chose to beat upon the injured man that accidently hit you. And the man, fearing for his life, shot your father. Remember dear, throughout life. For every action there is a reaction and this one spun out of control."

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Actually law enforcement are never truly "off duty". An off duty officer who witnesses a crime is required to intervene. Some jurisdictions even require off duty officers to carry.

Also if you believe assualting an injured man providing first aid to an injured child is acceptable it would seem you are projecting your hatred of yourself onto this situation. As you would "drag him through the streets"

Oh yeah his god complex... Pulling rank... You werent there the only thing that can be said is an accident occured and instead of focusing on the priority 2 men assualted another man who had just been in an accident. I absolutely believe that officer felt his life was in danger

Think about this:

No one else is thinking about it.. all they see is the cop was justified because he was being beaten.. B.S. Well damn straight Skippy.. I'd beat the F out of him too.. I do so hope this devil gets whats coming to him. People without conscience don't deserve to live.

So...you admit it. You'd rather beat someone up who hit your daughter, who survived, than to help and comfort her.

You'd make a great father, wouldn't you? Please tell me you don't have children.
edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Couldn't have said it any better myself

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

i'm pretty disgusted
not just because of the cops actions
but all the attempts to justify his unjustifiable actions

this douche was only concerned with himself

he could have pistol whipped the guy
he could have pulled his gun and put it in the guys face

and most importantly , he should have pulled out

his com unit or cellphone and called for an ambulance

no, he just drew and fired, probably by reflex
kinda contradicts his attempts to help that little girl
makes you wonder what he would have done if no one was around

hopefully the child was unconcious

even more disgusting is how people who should know better
are going through all sorts of mental contortions in order to blame the father

these are the same ones who will suck it in when a cop kills or beats their kids
and will probably thank the cop too.

some self defense classes those cops are taking
oh wait its all gun based now

the very 1st thing cop should have done was call 911 or dispatch
he didn't
edit on 15-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Very true! Completely agree with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You wouldn't shoot someone in self defence?

Could luck if tshtf

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by lonewolf10

i'm pretty disgusted
not just because of the cops actions
but all the attempts to justify his unjustifiable actions

and most importantly , he should have pulled out

hopefully the child was unconcious

Wow! You're just as bad as the other poster.

Here are the facts...not emotions.

The Cop was injured himself. Probably road rash but that hurts as well. Ever lay a bike down...it's nothing nice, regardless of speed.

He was being beaten by not one, but TWO and possibly THREE other people.

Witness reports that he went to the aid of the little girl. (Heck, who wouldn't?...unless you are heartless)

He identified himself as a LEO. Most people understand that LEO are armed the majority of the time.

He was being , once again, beaten by two to three people. How do you extract yourself from that type of situation?

And when was the last time you were being beaten down that you had time to call for a ambulance? For cripes sake! How old are you?

I say to you, just as I did the other poster. Please tell me you don't have children.
edit on 15-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There would have been plenty of time to call an ambulance if no one was beating him senseless.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

this isn't a cold clinical hypothetical situation

thats a fact.

didnt read just skimmed ? i pointed out all sorts of options cop had
i'll add pepper spray

if somebody you were beating suddenly pressed a gun in your face
would you hit him again?

1st thing he should have done is put on his badge and call for assistance

you do not haphazardly touch or move people whove had an accident
that's rule # 1 of 1st aid.

i've known that for over 30 years since i learned that in boy scouts

youre smarter than that tdawg, what, not enough coffee yet?
even pistol whipping could've been justified in this case

instead a mindless, trained reflex is not only defended
but unquestioningly applauded

some are actually sadistically imagining further traumatizing the kid
by putting the all blame on her distraught father.

try and put yourself in that kids shoes for a second
since none of the other justifiers are doing so
many of which being LEO's would've probably done the same

note that i'm not justifying letting a 4 year old play out on the streets, either
but the death penalty isnt justifiable
especially when you know you may get away with it.

shoot first and ask questions later
is not civilized conduct

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

He identified himself as law enforcement, whilst attempting to provide first aide to the injured child ... What does 'dad' do ... I don't give a [expletive] ... and proceeds to punch him in the mouth. Nephew and 'dad's' friend join in the fray ... hitting him in the back of the head and kicking or attempting to kick him while he's down...

Good luck with trying to find your pepper spray or flashing your badge in that type scenario / situation.

Again, and as others have mentioned, had he not been law enforcement we'd likely not even be aware this ever even took place ... let alone have a pages long thread on the matter. :shk:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yes because an off duty cop on his way home carries a police radio with him... He also knows 12 forms of kung fu and could definitly beaten up 3 guys directly after being in an auto accident. Yeah you really read that article and did some source fact checking.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

You wouldn't shoot someone in self defence?

Could luck if tshtf

i learned to street fight in 1st grade
and have never needed a gun

i've also disarmed people who've pulled guns on me twice in my 45 years
i was younger then, so they lived.

i'm older now so i no longer give a pass on such behavior
here in PR, police are now authorized to shoot to kill at any sign of resistance
i am unconcerned
all the local bullies in uniforms know that i'll kill if they pull a gun on me
it's all in what you project with your eyes and body language

and i'll survive if the SHTF

when you run out of ammo
we'll see if you make it too

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Obviously you did not read the article. He ditched the bike, injuring himself and went immediately to help the girl.

He was injured and beaten almost into unconciousness. He was justified in shooting the man.

Yeah, you show how easy that is to do when you dont have a radio, because your off duty, and being beaten down by two people. Go on hero, explain how thats done.

even more disgusting is how people who should know better
are going through all sorts of mental contortions in order to blame the father

Even more disgusting still is people who will blame an innocent man for defending himself as he is being beaten to death.

the very 1st thing cop should have done was call 911 or dispatch

And again, this shows that you were too lazy to even read the article. Otherwise you would have known he was off-duty and had no radio.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I actually feel for everybody involved. How is it said? A tragedy of circumstances.

I would not want to be the cop. He has to live with his decision, and probably doesn’t feel all that great about it.

From an outsiders view, in my opinion he was justified though.

One thing though is that we must remember that this took place in Chicago, which is pretty much a lawless place outside of downtown. Especially on the South side.

I like reading your posts, and for the most part, replies, But in this case, you took a emotional response in your reply.

I am guilty as well as I took an emotional response to yours. (It’s hard, ain’t it?)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh ... My... God... You have to be the biggest troll ever recorded... Street fighting in first grade? Someone please tell me im imagining this entire post

Tell me again the story about how you beat Ken and Ryu... When you were 6... On SNES

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yes because an off duty cop on his way home carries a police radio with him... He also knows 12 forms of kung fu and could definitly beaten up 3 guys directly after being in an auto accident. Yeah you really read that article and did some source fact checking.

he had his gun on him though and his badge in his wallet
skimmed too huh? i said com-unit or CELLPHONE
he also had the option of backing off or even running
but that wouldnt be manly would it?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join