It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Please read the article in the OP - the little girl did not die, she suffered only minor injuries after what appears to be a genuine accident.

The dad over-reacted, though he had failed to supervise his child.

I don't agree with the view that, because a child was injured, it is suddenly ok to go nuts and even try to kill someone.

As for the shot fired by the cop, we don't know the details, except he was being pummeled unconscious by two grown men, even though he was injured.

Should he have first fired some kind of warning shot? Probably. But was it practically possible? In the anguish and rush of the moment, I guess he did the only thing he could.

It is sad - and I don't want to ostracize the father; I don't think he was a bad man because of what he did; I can understand his sudden flash of anger. But I don't think anyone can blame the cop for defending his life in the circumstances. This was an accident after all. The relatives had no right to attack this injured, off-duty police officer and, yes, they should have known better, even in anger.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I concur with the multitude of other posters that the cop was defending himself. Why wasn't the dad worried about holding his girl and getting an ambulance or calling 911? All he wanted to do was beat up a cop.

Since everyone here is assuming the cop was a jerk trained to over react I'm going to assume the guy was a dead beat dad who never looked after his kid.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

You are one sick individual, I sincerely hope a relative of yours gets shot by a cop one day, I'll bless the cop that did it too, we'll see how you feel then.

And you're calling him sick? Unbelievable!
Pot calling he kettle black seems to apply here.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You cannot be serious. Yes there was a traffic accident that injured a child. The motorcyclist tried to avoid the accident. Child and motorcyclist were injured. Motorcyclist aids child... Childs father attacks motorcyclist. Motorcyclist declares he is Law Enforcement. More join in to assualt the now known Police Officer. Officer fearing his life draws weapon and discharges a round into the mans groin.

That is the scenario without spin. The situation could have been avoided by tending to the child. The situation could have been avoided by not continuing an assualt on a man stating to be a police officer.

I'm glad people like you arent cops. As you apparently would be judge jury and executioner. An ill informed one at that

Apologies if it is sarcam... I really can't tell

edit on 15-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

We don't know if Zimmerman will get any years.
reply to post by GunzCoty

Christ look at how much time he has done already! not to mention that he cannot leave the house.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Zimmerman deserved a little time. I think his self-defense argument will win, and I don't think it will go to jury trial, but Zimmerman needed to share a little bit of the blame in his situation. He followed the kid, ignored the advice of the 9/11 operator, and got himself into a situation he couldn't get out of, and then he couldn't fight off a teenager without resorting to his gun. He needed to share the blame, but hopefully he has been punished enough and will be released after this pre-trial hearing coming up.

The OP of this thread is entirely different. This cop wasn't doing anything to get himself into the situation. He was as much a victim as anyone else was. The little girl is blameless, because she apparently wasn't raised to know better than to dart into a road, and she wasn't properly supervised, and the cop is blameless unless it turns out he was driving erratically or something, but it appears he was just driving normally in the road where he belongs.

The only blame here belongs to the father and the 18 year old cousin that didn't properly raise and supervise the little girl, and then didn't tend to her after her injuries, and instead decided to attack the only person that was actually attempting to help the little girl.

It's a shame the father is dead, but he brought it on himself.

This is nothing like the Zimmerman case.
edit on 15-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Im sure im going to get absolutely pummeled for this but... I think the blame here
Lies with the 18 year old supervisor. I don't know this for sure but it would seem he/she decided to cross a non residential street with a child... And not inside a cross walk. "look both ways then cross"
edit on 15-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: This post was not a reply and was edited to remove the reply line

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What we do know is the dead guy was black along with his cousin and they were in a bar. The cop is white and that explains the violence. Sounds like the cop was justified to me. To bad but people need to think before turning to violence

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The officer shot the man in the leg but unfortunately hit the femoral artery causing the man to bleed to death. He wasn't trying to kill the father or he would have shot him in the chest.
Just a sad accident is all it was and only made worse by the father trying to beat the officer who was administering first aid to the little girl.
The title is misleading and attempts to place blame on the officer where none is justified.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
It sounds like poop sandwich all the way around. Enraged people doing stupid things, carelessness resulting in tragedy, injured people, dead people. What a disaster.

With regards to a few comments on here, some folks are wired only to look for a good guy and a bad guy. In this case confusion will reign in the brains of those incapable of deconstructing complex, real world, piles of crap. Sorry to those folks, as there is no winner or loser here. No moral high ground. Just a very sad affair.
And you are right.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by edged1

Originally posted by ABNARTY
It sounds like poop sandwich all the way around. Enraged people doing stupid things, carelessness resulting in tragedy, injured people, dead people. What a disaster.

With regards to a few comments on here, some folks are wired only to look for a good guy and a bad guy. In this case confusion will reign in the brains of those incapable of deconstructing complex, real world, piles of crap. Sorry to those folks, as there is no winner or loser here. No moral high ground. Just a very sad affair.
And you are right.

And you are right.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
If the cop was a real man, he should have let the father beat the crap out of him while profusely apologizing. He should have been in control of his vehicle At All Times. Since he was not, he should have let another cop either ticket or arrest him, what ever would have been normally proper in the situation in fact he should have insisted on it - if he was a real man. At no time should his thoughts been on shooting the father.

But he wasn't a real man, he was a pathetic child bully with a god complex who should have never been given a gun.

Now this cop deserves the electric chair. No, that's too good for him. He needs to be tied up to the bumper of the mothers car and dragged through the streets until there is nothing left of him while wearing a sign that says "This is what happens to Stupid Cops who Murder children's Fathers in Cold Blood after running over the child with a motorcycle."

Go read several sources then I hope you have time left to edit out what you've written here. We can all get carried away with our passions sometimes but the facts don't bear out your idea of "justice" in this case.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

Originally posted by RealSpoke
As much as I hate cops, if the father was actually watching the little girl she wouldn't be dead. She was 4 years old and shouldn't have been wandering around in the road.

How can a little girl dart out of nowhere in front of a motorbike? If it was a big SUV then I would understand, but a bike? That is hard to understand. Killing the man is also hard to understand.

I predicted long time ago that slowly the people of US will face the same scenario as Afghanistan and Iraq, where US soldiers shoot first then ask questions last.

You think it will stop here? Wait till they send the drones out, I'm serious, not a joke at all, I can see clearly more and more cases like this.

Why shoot the dad? Heard of a warning shot? Wait, maybe the dad saw what happened and the police wanted to intentionally kill him? Who knows, but an investigation by the police will not help much right? It is like a gang investigating its own wrongdoing. Or NATO asking UN to not investigate its war crimes, and let NATO investigate NATO war crimes, turned out neither happened, nice one.

Let's wait and see, there are countless cases like this, I don't know what degree is the boiling point of American population, but I'm sure it has one.
Do you make yer own bullcrap as you go along.
If anyone walks into the road and a vehicle is coming at them they will be hit.Car or bike

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How did the little girl get out of the restaurant? Why was she running across the street? Why would the cop feel his life was so in danger that he had to fire into the father to get the fight to stop? What about firing into the air? Or, at the most, his leg?

These are questions I had after reading the link. It sounds like the girl darted out into the path of the police officer if her 18 year-old cousin had to run after her. It's unfortunate the police officer couldn't stop in time, but I question why the officer had to use lethal force on the panic stricken father.

It's sad that an incident like that resulted in the little girls father being killed. I'm sure if the little girl recovers, she will always blame herself for her father's death.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

It does seem the officer did shoot to wound but unfortunately hit an artery

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

I never said the girl died, I have no idea what you're on about, she was lying on the ground and the man responsible for her injury through the father's eye was the cop, you understand the father's rage, and it does explain his actions, it doesn't how ever explain the cop's action of killing him.

As I said, no matter what the situation, he could have fired a warning shot, I can't imagine what situation he could have been to stop him from firing a warning shot.

If he was able to pull out his gun, that means he was able to fire a warning shot, but he didn't, why? Because they are trained to kill, we have seen it countless times before. No?

By the way, how was the cop injured? If the crash wasn't serious, and the girl wasn't that injured, then why was the cop injured? Surely there is more to this story than the official US police side of the story.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Thats a tragic story.

One thing that allways bother me in shooting cases are, why kill?

You can use a gun to pacify a person, aim for the leg, the arm or whatever, you don't need to kill everytime, i see the same with US cops, they allways shoot to kill, even if it's a person with a knife on distance they empty the magasin in the guy...

So they can avoid getting sued. A dead guy can't sue anyone. This story the off duty cop was facing a pretty hard decision and extremely bad luck. As the father's reaction towards the situation was a bit too much could've avoided death. There's only hope for the girl's recovery. I can see the father being enraged as well. Everyone had their justification

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by edged1

You must be really good at driving to crash a 4 year old kid with a motorbike. Maybe if he was driving in a small narrow alleyway, it would explain a lot, but I'm sure he was driving in a street, with lots of room, maybe the 4 year old was one of those scary Japanese scary Movie characters who run or jump really fast right in front of motorbikes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

You ask why he was unable to avoid the child I ask why the child was in the street.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

the article says that he was close to losing consciousness and also seriously injured while getting beat by the 18 year old and the father. I would have shot the father too.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join